What complaints have you had?

Got one making an official complaint against me because I overtook him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I wasn’t happy doing 15mph in a 60mph limit (well 40mph for lorries) :unamused: he also said that I also nearly lost it as well :laughing: Think he got a bit worried because there was some slush on the road and he thought I might of slid into him when I drove over it.

Anyone else had complaints off people?

bubsy06:
Got one making an official complaint against me because I overtook him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I wasn’t happy doing 15mph in a 60mph limit (well 40mph for lorries) :unamused: he also said that I also nearly lost it as well :laughing: Think he got a bit worried because there was some slush on the road and he thought I might of slid into him when I drove over it.

where you overtaking a car/truck or 30cc scooter :question:

Cruise Control:

bubsy06:

A car
People like that should not be on the road, causing unnecessary congestion :imp:

bubsy06:

Cruise Control:

bubsy06:

A car
People like that should not be on the road, causing unnecessary congestion :imp:

i dont think your telling us the full story…

i bet you humped his rear bumper for a mile or so pushing him so he went faster but when he applied the hand brake you then pulled out forcing a gritter off the road coming the other direction then you pulled in on this guys front bumber… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:

Sound’s to me like the driver saw his backside :exclamation: Well done driver keep on truckin, I bet the gob ■■■■■ wants food at the shops ect…

It would be interesting to see the boot on the other foot.How about cars with the driver’s name and phone number of their insurance company painted on them ,"How’s My Driving " stickers,that sort of thing.If you put a name on it, someone always complains.

bubsy06:

Cruise Control:

bubsy06:

A car

Ignore them…TOSSERS. It makes me really riled when these idiots go far too slow and hold up everyone else. They are the real cause of most of the ‘accidents’. They ought to put snow/ice driving in the test, that’d clear some of the ■■■■■ off the road :imp: :imp:

It’s annoying isn’t it, I had the same thing last winter in Minneapolis, somebody called in saying that I was going too fast for the conditions, I never found out until last week when I had my annual safety review (yeah we have that kind of bollox over in Canada too) my Safety Director said that as I didn’t crash then I obviously wasn’t! He said he tells the complainer that if they were able to take down my registration & the company details as I flew past then they were obviously driving too slow & should probably concentrate more on their driving than their outrage at being passed by a big truck, good man :wink:

I got one because i told her son off, he was trowing stones at passing cars. I think she can’t see anything wrong with it but she was told in a nice way where to go.

it just shows what this country is gettig like even to the point if i stop a black male and have a word with him about something i get “you only stopped me because i am black”, see what i have to put up with?.

mickyblue:
it just shows what this country is gettig like even to the point if i stop a black male and have a word with him about something i get “you only stopped me because i am black”, see what i have to put up with?.

You racist plastic pig :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Had a couple of ridiculous ones, first one on the M20, idiot cuts me up as he tried to get on a sliproad at the last minute, because he failed and I’d given him a blast of the horn he then pulls in front of me and slams on the brakes hard, luckily lane 2 is empty so I swerve round him, he floors it so I pull back in and then he tried it again, same result. With that he gives a load of signals and drives off. Boss gets a call saying I’ve been chasing a him down the motorway and trying to run him off the road :exclamation: :unamused:

Second one heading out of Redland at Moorhouse on the A25 through Oxted, I’m struggling up the big hill by the Morrisons store and there’s this impatient zb in his flash range rover, all over the back of my trailer weaving in and out because I’m going slow and he can’t pass, so I take my foot off the gas and go even slower, guys so intent on passing he doesn’t realise I’m slowing and almost runs into the back of me, then tries a suicidal overtake with oncoming traffic but a traffic island blocks his path. Finally get to a section clear enough for him to to pass, I was so angry at this point I wanted to run the zb off the road but contented myself with giving him a few hand signals. Bloke mustve slept on it overnight because he called the office the next day, said although he was being a bit hasty in trying to overtake he didn’t deserve to get abuse and be called a zb!!! :confused:

On both ocassions my boss suggested that if they have a problem with one of his drivers they should pull over to the side of the road and have a ‘chat’ :laughing:

Grayham:
Had a couple of ridiculous ones, first one on the M20, idiot cuts me up as he tried to get on a sliproad at the last minute, because he failed and I’d given him a blast of the horn he then pulls in front of me and slams on the brakes hard, luckily lane 2 is empty so I swerve round him, he floors it so I pull back in and then he tried it again, same result. With that he gives a load of signals and drives off. Boss gets a call saying I’ve been chasing a him down the motorway and trying to run him off the road :exclamation: :unamused:

Second one heading out of Redland at Moorhouse on the A25 through Oxted, I’m struggling up the big hill by the Morrisons store and there’s this impatient zb in his flash range rover, all over the back of my trailer weaving in and out because I’m going slow and he can’t pass, so I take my foot off the gas and go even slower, guys so intent on passing he doesn’t realise I’m slowing and almost runs into the back of me, then tries a suicidal overtake with oncoming traffic but a traffic island blocks his path. Finally get to a section clear enough for him to to pass, I was so angry at this point I wanted to run the zb off the road but contented myself with giving him a few hand signals. Bloke mustve slept on it overnight because he called the office the next day, said although he was being a bit hasty in trying to overtake he didn’t deserve to get abuse and be called a zb!!! :confused:

On both ocassions my boss suggested that if they have a problem with one of his drivers they should pull over to the side of the road and have a ‘chat’ :laughing:

At least your bloke put’s it into perspective, a lot of the big firms will have you up on a disciplinary over this, ridiculous if you ask me :unamused:

newmercman:
At least your bloke put’s it into perspective, a lot of the big firms will have you up on a disciplinary over this, ridiculous if you ask me :unamused:

This “big firm” thing is really starting to tickle my giggle pin.

We were bought out - no, sorry - “acquired” a couple of years ago by a multi billion £, multi-national blue-chip “organisation”

We soon found out that they - sorry - “we” have a whole department in the “Group HQ” that deals full-time with complaints and concerns from members of the public :unamused:

garnerlives:

mickyblue:
it just shows what this country is getting like even to the point if i stop a black male and have a word with him about something i get “you only stopped me because i am black”, see what i have to put up with?.

You racist plastic pig :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

i will be a proper pig this year lol,

bubsy06:

OH :S

I wonder how much of these PJH got after my yesterday run to Teeside for them…

I don’t think that 25 mph is a good speed on clear and dry left lane of A66, so I decided to overtake, as I don’t think that 40 mph is danger on little snowy right lane… :wink:

I seen some faces… :slight_smile:

newmercman:

that’s what my boss said, although he’s not happy about the complaints (it’s his name on the door afterall) he does belive such things should be settled on the hard shoulder :smiling_imp:

a while ago, i had a mongoloid hit the side of my trailer and lose his off side door mirror, i was pulling a skeletal with a 40 container on the main A30 passing Exeter airport slip road west bound, he was in a VW van coming down the afore mentioned slip road to join the main carriageway.

i knew what was going to happen, so i watched with baited breath waiting for the inevitable departure of said wing mirror :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sure enough, it flew straight accross the bonnet of the van :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

after that, he chased me down the A30 towards the M5, i didn’t bother stopping initially as i knew that it was his fault and there would be no damage to my vehicle, anyway, he caught me and got me to pull over just before i got to the M5 junction.

after about 10 minutes of varied levels of verbal abuse and blame dishing, he decided that he wanted the office phone number so that he could speak to “the boss” :wink: , funny thing was, he was right at the side of it when he hit the trailer, and he was right behind it when i slammed the brakes on and he very nearly went into the back of the trailer.

he was still insistant that he was going to phone the office and speak to “the boss” even after i told him in no uncertain terms that i owned the truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well, he phoned the office, spoke to the person who deals with my accounts (read: mother :wink: ), he told her exactly what had happened and he was then asked for his insurance details just in case we wanted to claim for damages to the vehicle or personal injury as the accident was his fault and he had just admitted liability.

he then went ballistic and demanded to speak to “the boss”, he was told that the boss was out, so he said he would ring back the following day, when he was told that the boss would be out that day too, he then stated that he was going to speak to the police and a solicitor and take the matter to court over the damage to his van.

My mother advised him to buy a copy of The Highway Code and actually read it before doing any of that, but if he still insisted on taking legal action, she asked him to let us know when the judge stops laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we never did hear any more over that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

shame really, i instructed “the office” to give “The boss’s” mobile number, but he never called back :cry:

I get complaints, I think most “Honest” drivers do.

My boss generally says…“Ok, thanks for the information and we will deal with him when he gets back.”

one was on the M1 a while back, bloke in a rover I think it was. Heavy traffic coming past Luton all the way up towards Toddington, inside lane clear as a bell, no cars in it, outside 2 lanes stop start. I am in the inside lane doing 40-50mph. going along and said car goes from lane 3 across to 1 and slows down right in front of me, I eased off, plenty of time, no drama. He speeds right up undertaking everything then goes out to 3 when it suits him. When I get near where he was he must have got ■■■■■■ off cos I have caught him up, he comes back across but car in lane 2 wont let him through in time so he ends up behind me.
He is trying so hard to get past me he is flashing lights at me. I ignored this, I am paid hourly so aint rushing, traffic is still stoppping starting. When he finally gets alongside me, his wife, who I might like to add was an UGLY looking bint! reading a MAP while he was looking at a sat-nav :confused: :confused: :confused: WTF!!
anyway she points to the phone number on truck and points to her phone…I smiled politely and shrugged my shoulders.
I watch as she sits there on the phone talking to someone…it was my boss, she did seem to have a pleased look on her face when call ended.
Boss rings 2 secs later, HANDSFREE answer it, he says “the lady next to you says you were weaving across all lanes doing 70mph, what have you got to say for yourself, burst out laughing and put the phone down”!!! I am on a real-time tracker…DOH :wink: :wink: :wink:
He generally doesn’t bother calling us to inform us of these TWUNTS!!!

orys:
OH :S

I wonder how much of these PJH got after my yesterday run to Teeside for them…

I don’t think that 25 mph is a good speed on clear and dry left lane of A66, so I decided to overtake, as I don’t think that 40 mph is danger on little snowy right lane… :wink:

I seen some faces… :slight_smile:

They do panic a bit :laughing:

newmercman:
It’s annoying isn’t it, I had the same thing last winter in Minneapolis, somebody called in saying that I was going too fast for the conditions, I never found out until last week when I had my annual safety review (yeah we have that kind of bollox over in Canada too) my Safety Director said that as I didn’t crash then I obviously wasn’t! He said he tells the complainer that if they were able to take down my registration & the company details as I flew past then they were obviously driving too slow & should probably concentrate more on their driving than their outrage at being passed by a big truck, good man :wink:

You would have been on your knees before Carolle if it had been at BFS, and then retraining with Eric… :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
after about 10 minutes of varied levels of verbal abuse and blame dishing, he decided that he wanted the office phone number so that he could speak to “the boss” :wink: , funny thing was, he was right at the side of it when he hit the trailer, and he was right behind it when i slammed the brakes on and he very nearly went into the back of the trailer.

he was still insistant that he was going to phone the office and speak to “the boss” even after i told him in no uncertain terms that i owned the truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well, he phoned the office, spoke to the person who deals with my accounts (read: mother :wink: ), he told her exactly what had happened and he was then asked for his insurance details just in case we wanted to claim for damages to the vehicle or personal injury as the accident was his fault and he had just admitted liability.

he then went ballistic and demanded to speak to “the boss”, he was told that the boss was out, so he said he would ring back the following day, when he was told that the boss would be out that day too, he then stated that he was going to speak to the police and a solicitor and take the matter to court over the damage to his van.

My mother advised him to buy a copy of The Highway Code and actually read it before doing any of that, but if he still insisted on taking legal action, she asked him to let us know when the judge stops laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we never did hear any more over that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

shame really, i instructed “the office” to give “The boss’s” mobile number, but he never called back :cry:

I had a couple of occasions like that. I had a seperate line at home on divert to the mobile (I never liked the idea of the mobile number on the door) so they would call that number and get straight through to me. :laughing:

I was always decent for the first few minutes of the tirade, then would offer to meet them if they wished. Surprising how quickly they would twig on when you pointed out you were only a few minutes behind them, or that you knew their car type and reg no already. :unamused: