Complaint

Today for the first time someone complained about my driving on the complaints line. I know which event this is about and am rather cheesed off how quickly some people complain. I’m on the road everyday and if I were given a penny for every complaint I made about every car driver, I would be a millionaire!
Will the company just take my event of things or will this develop further? (By this I mean disiplinery process…)

If I was you I would deny whatever is alleged without getting arsey in the office or losing my rag. Put the ball back in their court and let them prove whatever it is.

As for complaining, yes, there is no shortage of idiots out there who are quite happy doing whatever suits them at the time but as soon as they feel slighted by the actions of others will pick the phone up or bang out an e-mail in an attempt to drop you in the proverbial. Small-minded, self-righteous busybodies who are to be pitied more than anything.

Theres not one day you can drive a lorry on the road without cheesing some sad get off,deny all knowledge,i worked for asda along time ago and there was certain areas around manchester where they were allways phoning the good driver number on the back of the trailer knowing they would get a gift from asda as a way of saying sorry ,in the end all the stickers were getting torn off or the phone number was getting coloured in with perminent marker,like i said deny all knowledge nowt will happen :wink:

the police collared me as a car driver complained that a large stone had fallen off my tipper and cracked his windscreen . they were annoyed when the boss explained that the lorry carried dust from the quarry to a brickworks 6 days a week and every load had to be sheeted . car driver obviously picked a random lorry to cover his insurance claim .

I often wondered what happens if you have one of those stickers on the back of your truck!
Surely to Christ, it would matter not a jot if you were the best driver on the planet, there would always be some sad ■■■■ that would phone that number?
The driver phoning in could be having a bad day, a general grumpy ■■■■■■■■ on the blob etc etc?
The system is obviously open to abuse from all angles, so why the hell do firms put these stickers on the back?
Just imagine how busy the system would be if cars had them stuck on the back of em!! :unamused:

seth 70:
Theres not one day you can drive a lorry on the road without cheesing some sad get off

Very true.
One particular roundabout I frequent most weeks is so bloody busy, its impossible to get out onto without pulling out in front of someone making them slow down!
If you waited for a gap of any appreciable distance to keep car drivers happy, you’d be there until tea time. I often wonder how many phone calls my firm would get if I had a number on the back of truck after that dam roundabout.

rigsby:
the police collared me as a car driver complained that a large stone had fallen off my tipper and cracked his windscreen . they were annoyed when the boss explained that the lorry carried dust from the quarry to a brickworks 6 days a week and every load had to be sheeted . car driver obviously picked a random lorry to cover his insurance claim .

Or maybe a half brick got picked up between the rear tyres at the brickworks and later popped out as you were driving along? I see (and hear) this sort of thing quite often when behind a tipper, especially one that’s only recently left a quarry or construction site. That’s one reason I drop well back as soon as one passes me and dives into my reaction space (Believe me, I am trying really, really hard not to stereotype the tipper drivers, but far too many of them seem hell bent on doing just that).

But as you don’t need to identify the other vehicle for a windscreen claim, it isn’t really that obvious at all. If you have windscreen cover, they pay up.

I feel sorry for the drivers of auto dafs,its impossible to pull out of a junction or roundabout without nearly causing a pile up…you can get out and have a pee by the time its made its mind up :neutral_face:

I had a complaint made against me just after I started this job. I knew exactly what they were talking about. I changed lanes on approach to a roundabout, mirror, signal, manoeuvre, the car behind me in the lane I was moving into apparently didn’t take kindly to me pulling in front of her. As I was moving over I was obviously looking in the mirror, and I saw said young lady, drop her phone cradled up to her ear. She was taking a very important call and hadn’t seen my indication, and I had fricked the living daylights out of her. She then felt the need to call and complain. The boss said sorry on my behalf, promised to reprimand me, then promptly laughed his ■■■ off after he spoke to me and heard my side.

Unfortunately bad driving happens from everyone at some point. Even the so called perfect drivers. Sadly some people don’t recognise this and feel the need to ring the number on the side of the truck!

I’ve had a female driver bonk into a lampost in front of me whilst I’m sitting at a red traffic light.
There was me, rocking with mirth in my cab :smiling_imp: , but then, as she gets out of the car, she turns to me - gives me a dirty look, and pulls out a pad, writing down my registration! :open_mouth:

I made a point of reporting to the local police station to say that a “disgruntled motorist with whom I’ve not had a RTC with might attempt to make a false claim against me”…

Sure enough, plod turned up at my house a few weeks later with a complaint that “I’d run someone off the road”.

The witness statement was totally rubbish though. According to that, it was dark (in broad daylight) I was a black guy driving a parcel force truck, (I’m a white guy driving a RML 600cf) and I’d ‘got out and threatened her’, (I had only laughed from entirely within my cab, and pulled away when the lights went green…) and the registration of the vehicle that hit her was the ONLY thing that “matched up to my vehicle”…She’d had to write that down to get THAT much right it seemed…

• Wrong type of lorry, wrong race of driver, wrong time of day - and I had already put in a pre-emptive report in case something like this happened.

Plod dropped the case a couple of weeks later… What would have happened though if I’d not put in that report I wonder?

Always fancied 1 of those stickers on the back of mine saying ‘‘Hows my driving’’… With a premium rate phone number linked to my bank account

Then drive like a T***

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

gurj254:
Today for the first time someone complained about my driving on the complaints line. I know which event this is about and am rather cheesed off how quickly some people complain. I’m on the road everyday and if I were given a penny for every complaint I made about every car driver, I would be a millionaire!
Will the company just take my event of things or will this develop further? (By this I mean disiplinery process…)

If you get pulled in the best defence you can have is to say you don’t recall any such event then ask if there are any independent witnesses to corroborate the complainant. Usually there won’t be so it’s your word against there’s and nothing should come of it. Quite simply, what I have done in the past and it’s always worked is ask at the outset if there’s any independent witnesses and state that if there isn’t you’re not prepared to be questioned then walk out and stick to it.

When I drove tankers with the phone number on the back some of the drivers scratched out a number or ripped the end of the sticker off. This was always spotted and the sticker replaced.
I spent a bit of time with a permanent felt tip pen turning a three into an eight. This was never rumbled and no phone calls.
Phil.

gurj254:

Care to share the details of the event…

Sounds like a fair cop to me, apologise take it on the chin and forget about it. Its easier to explain the workings of a computer to a worm than explain how large vehicles operate and occasionally cut ups / pull outs / following car drivers to their house then shouting out the window “now I know where you live” etc happen, to the average car driver…

Oh and change the number to a premium rate ■■■■■■■■■ line.

had one ring up the other day saying my brake lights didnt work and i was driving like a ■■■■■ our tm didnt understand the concept of rolling up to roundabouts without the need for brakes, SAFED i think its called, and once a car driver rang up saying id nearly killed him and his kids, it was one of them ■■■■■ that are 500 yards behind you going at a constant speed on the motorway only too gun it when they see your indicator flashing, i just go not guilty all the time unless i know i have really ■■■■■■ up and their might be video evidence

gurj254:

hypocrisy of the finest

green456:

gurj254:

hypocrisy of the finest

Ffs

Cheers fellas. Will just take it in my stride. And to green456, I don’t complain about other road users and never even honk my horn, so calm down!

gurj254:
Cheers fellas. Will just take it in my stride. And to green456, I don’t complain about other road users and never even honk my horn, so calm down!

So, you don’t complain about other road users, yet if you had a penny for every complaint you made, you’d be a millionaire? Maths not your strong point…?

Roymondo:

gurj254:

So, you don’t complain about other road users, yet if you had a penny for every complaint you made, you’d be a millionaire? Maths not your strong point…?

That was point of speech…A saying…

Roymondo:

gurj254:

Have you even got a Maths qualification?