Hows my driving.

Anyone on here had a complaint against them?

The reason I ask,is because one of our 4 wheeler drivers had a near miss with a Tesco motor yesterday,who nearly forced him off the road,and lo and behold on the back of the trailer was a How’s my driving sticker.“Did you bell it up?” I asked.“Too right I did” he replied.

I did a similar thing a few years ago coming up the M1 towards J35A,when an artic passed me,then cut straight across me,forcing me to brake,and up the sliproad,(Very professional. :imp: ) and on the back of his trailer was a sticker.When I got back to the office,I belled it up,and made the complaint.Our TM couldn’t believe me when I did it,but as we had the same stickers on our motors,he soon backed down.

So what are your experiences boys and girls?

Have you complained,or had one against you,and what feedback did you get?

Could be interesting this.

Ken.

i had someone phone up and give me a compliment once.
they said that i had swerved onto the grass to avoid a head on collision with an oncoming car that was doing a dangerous overtake on a blind bend, and that i should be praised for my actions.
my tm gave me a pat on the back, but to be honest i dont recall this incident.
and i would not swerve onto the grass for anyone. not in a truck anyhow.
you could just see it now.
i swerve on the grass, pile the truck up , and matey in the car bggers off and i get the blame.
dont think so, id rather hit the car :wink:

Have never drove for a firm that had them stickers on.

Mal:

nor me!! but then I would take them off the back off the trailer if they were on there

dave:
i swerve on the grass, pile the truck up , and matey in the car bggers off and i get the blame.
dont think so, id rather hit the car

Quite agree :unamused: :sunglasses:

It wasn’t a “How’s my Driving” equipped trailer but the Viamaster’s trailers have the name and number in huge size writing on the back and apparently I’d overtaken a car on the road down to Chepstow from Gloucester in a 30mph through a village :open_mouth:. As if :grimacing:

The Wickes trailers have got them on and I had one last Friday night but I don’t think I gave anyone any reason to complain. Some would say that’s unusual… :smiley:

TheBear:

Mal:

nor me!! but then I would take them off the back off the trailer if they were on there

Me and all Bear, theyd soon scratch off! :laughing: I tend to try and avoid bull-effluent firms for this type of reason.

Mal:
I tend to try and avoid bull-effluent firms for this type of reason.

Me too, just not worth the hassle and certainly couldn’t do with explaining myself to the tm every time someone belled them up to dob you in.

there quick enough to phone when someone is driving badly :wink: but they ain’t so quick when we have been good drivers :wink:

kitkat:
there quick enough to phone when someone is driving badly :wink: but they ain’t so quick when we have been good drivers :wink:

of course if somehow there were suddenly a lot of phonecalls saying how good the drivers were it would completely [zb] the system

not that I’m suggesting anything , of course :wink: :wink: :wink:

There use to be a letter from Mr Angry, in the drivers office in LPG at Batley.

Dear Sir.
Re our telecon about your vehicle ***#### speeding on the M1 The driver in LPG company uniform passed me at 75mph

Reply:
Dear Mr Angry,

I have reprimanded our driver of vehicle ***#### and after consideration, the company do not employ him any longer.

Dear Sir.
I am pleased with the speedy response of your company and hope I have done the public a favour by getting maniacs off the road.

Dear Mr Angry
As previous letter, I sacked the driver for wasting time, now zb off and stop wasting mine

True but abridged :stuck_out_tongue:

of course if somehow there were suddenly a lot of phonecalls saying how good the drivers were it would completely [zb] the system

At a company I worked for,the drivers used to do that before I started for them. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

We got them at our place about 4-5 years back or so when I was doing 7.5t work. Get’s into the office one day after doing my afternoon run…

“Saxon, Can I have a quick word mate?”, asks the gaffer. Aye, aye, one of his little favours coming on here me thinks :wink: :wink:

“We’ve had this bloke ring up saying you knocked him off his bike” :open_mouth:

“You’re having a laugh, right?” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“No, I’ve had a nice long chat with him, he isn’t actually goin’ off on one or anything as he’s sure you just didn’t see him and it was just as much his fault, but wants you to know all the same…”

“Well, obviously I didn’t see him as I’m convinced I didn’t do it”, I spluttered. :astonished:

“Some cars stopped but you continued on your way”, he added.

“But surely if some cars had stopped, I would have seen them stopping/ flashing/ honking?!?!” :question:

Anyway, I’d always been honest with my manager and he had complete trust in me. The look on my face must have told him no way on earth that it was me.

The location was Central Birmingham at approx. 5pm. I did the run twice per day every day bar Sunday so knew the roads very well and because it’s so busy at that time of the day anyway, I always had my wits about me… at least I thought I did :exclamation:

Turns out the bloke had rode up to the nearside of a truck turning right at a roundabout which had subsequently pulled off and somehow a collision had occurred.

So, anyway, it ended up me speaking with this person as obviously I wanted to know the full details. He was a really nice chap and we had a good chat but this particular roundabout where he was turning right, I meet it from the run up to his left and go straight on!!! :open_mouth:

I just couldn’t for the life of me understand it. :confused:

He only got my number by returning the following night to the proximity of the collision and waited until he saw what he thought was the same truck pass through, took the details and rang the number.

Anyway, that was that, he wasn’t complaining as such, just making me aware :exclamation: Well, the phone went down and from then on I started to think well, maybe it was me after all… :confused: :confused: the growing doubt really began to nag at me. :blush:

Well, lo and behold, a week or so later,still with the incident in my system, I’m in Central B’ham again at 5pm at this particular roundabout waiting to go straight on. Who should come onto the r/bout turning right :question: :exclamation: It’s only one of our firkin trucks from a neighbouring depot :open_mouth: After he went past me I noticed that his reg. number was just one digit different to mine :exclamation: Instead of say A123 XYZ, he was A124 XYZ :exclamation: Same model and everything :exclamation:

I had a little smile to myself and continued on my way :smiley:

Funnily enough, a few weeks after that, incident now totally forgotten about, I’m somewhere in that vicinity again when from the opposite direction there’s a bloke on a bike smiling and waving like crazy in my direction. I looked at the cars around me, no… it was definitely me he was waving at :open_mouth: “Haha! What a nutter!!!”, I thought to myself. Until I went past him that is…then it clicked haha :smiley: :blush: :blush:

The only other thing connected with those darn stickers and me came about six months after this incident. I used to have this drop at this big posh hall and I mean…posh! Anyway, I’ve made the drop, continued on with my run and it’s just another day consigned to the history bucket… or so I thought!!! :open_mouth:

Gets in next day to hear one of the lads telling me about the ‘rumour’ at the hall. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Apparently I had been going over a speed hump and subsequently then rolled backwards into a Jag completely writing it off!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Yes, the call had come through my manager said and that’s how it was. Holy smoke! :blush: :blush:

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t go that slow over speed humps to then somehow roll backwards. I insisted that my manager resolve the matter fully by the time I returned. My whole day was ruined thinking about it over and over and once again, I ended up thinking well… maybe I did do it after all! :blush: :blush:

This one turns out to have been the bakery guy in his WHITE van having reversed into the car park into some car or other and they had swapped details there and then. Now, I drove a BLUE truck at the time, not blue and white, not any sign of white in fact…just [zb]BLUE!!! Now, why somebody rang my number when the incident had been sorted, I’ll never know! But the swine took a year off my life expectancy. :imp:

Totally unconnected with the scheme but now I’ve got my writing boots on, I’ll tell you about a couple of incidents that happened against me in Brum but whereby I had the last laugh :smiley: :smiley:

50 yards or so from a set of lights a road branches into two lanes but I never used the inside lane as just 10 yards after these lights, the inside lane is always full of parked cars and vans, guaranteed. Use the inside lane and about 20 cars later, you might just get flashed out. So, I’m in the outside lane at the lights with a car in front. Yes, you get cars on the inside who want to make a quick dash for it to avoid being behind you at any cost so I just take my time there and let them. Better three cars through than twenty! Anyway, the lights go green…
I’m just about to release my handbrake when I hear an almighty clatter and a merc going at 45% right under my bonnet to get ahead. Bear in mind I hadn’t even set off at this point :exclamation: :exclamation: On closer inspection he’s having an engaging conversation on the phone by the look of it as the phone’s glued to his right ear whilst he is clutching the wheel with his left. I look across to the nearside and notice I have no mirror. :frowning: Not just no glass, but the whole caboogle…gone! :cry:

So, I flash, I honk, I flash, I honk…
watches driver disappear into distance :imp: :imp: :imp:

Well, I had to pull over, didn’t have any option and to cut a long story short, I phoned the gaffer and got the job sorted. Job’s a gud ‘un and I’m back on my way. A few miles down the road I’m easing my way thro’ heavy traffic and who do I see across the way delivering to a kebab shop■■? :smiley: hehe… Yes, our little van friend. :imp: :imp: No need to tell you the rest… I’m sure you can fill in the details yourselves :wink:

Next one…

I’m just minding my own business going down the road when I see a bus parked at a bus stop and passengers alighting. Another bus turns up, parks behind the first one and the passengers get off. I’m getting closer and closer… and closer.So, I’m right on top of them both now when the rearmost bus finishes and decides to set off. Now the road is wide, very wide but not wide enough for two buses and a truck :open_mouth: :exclamation: and I’m already right [zb]there :exclamation: :exclamation: I couldn’t do anything apart from hope for the best. Again he’s coming at me at 45%, I feel the nearside wheels on the kerb and start to honk like crazy as I hear an almighty crack as he rips my offside mirror clean off. Bummer! :frowning:

Out the cab I jump after he takes no notice of me honking and I’m now jumping up and down in the middle of the road waving my arms like a maniac …to no avail :frowning: By this time the other bus had set off too and I noticed the one that nobbled me had an advert sprawled across the rear of the bus whereas the other one didn’t.

Anyroad, about 200 yards before I had met the buses I had noticed a police car containing two officers in a side street :bulb: Give it a try me thinks :exclamation: So I leg as fast as my little legs could carry me and described to them what had just happened. “Don’t worry son, jump in…Was that bang you? We heard it…” So I’m in the back seat of the Volvo going like [zb] g–f-o-r-c-e through Brum…Excellento!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: In no time at all we had caught them up but the driver in question had no recollection of the incident :unamused: He didn’t realize apparently one of the officer’s said to me. "Lying [zb] his mate said to me just loud enough so only I could hear it haha! :laughing: They took all the details and took me back to my truck. Job’s a gud 'un :wink:

I’ve never had incidents like that since I’ve done class 1 and 2 work and here’s hoping I don’t.

voice from the back
“Well, you wouldn’t have since you ripped the sticker off”
*Sight of Saxon stuffing large sock in “Voice from the back” 's mouth.

We’re still in the scheme I think but all the stickers have, on the whole, mysteriously vanished!

if you need to put stars instead of letters then it shouldn’t be there should it,jb :wink:

I had a driver call up and complain once. I was merging into traffic at a construction zone somewhere outside of Knoxville, TN. A 4-wheeler was in the lane, about 1 carlength behind my bumper, stopped. She flashed her lights (the universal North American signal that the lane is clear, BTW), so I started to merge. No sooner than I did this, she floored the throttle on her car, laid on the horn, and screeched to a halt, and even yelled an obscenity at me! Then she changed on lane further over and passed me.
Well, I was eating a Big Mac at the time, and still had about half of it left , sitting on the dash. I picked it up, and lobbed it straight at her windscreen. SPLAAT!!!

I think I’d better point out for the benefit of those who live either side of the pond that there is a difference in terms here, which may confuse Alex.

Four wheeler ;- Stateside = a car, GB = a rigid or straight truck.

In the USA that rigid becomes a six wheeler

Skateboard ;- A Flatbed truck, GB = Another name for a car.

On with the main thread. We had these stickers at Tesco and were often used for thewrong reasons. I was driving up the A5 through Dunstable one day and as I approached the mini roundabout as the road widens into the twin track a car came up the right hand lane, which was for turning right only and obviously tried tp get around me but didn’t make it, his front bumper touched the ground when he braked, I carried on my way, to be hauled into the office after the two young gits in the car phoned the number on the back of the trailer to say I had forced them off the road, luckily the management at Tesco believed me, not them. :sunglasses:

Good job the Co-op isn’t part of that scheme, the switchboard would be in meltdown!!!

See, http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5225

I often took a permanent marker and changed the 3’s into 8’s…

Some excellent stories on here so far guys.Keep them coming.

Saxon.PMSL at some of yours. :laughing: :laughing:

Alex.Waste of a Big Mac if you ask me!!!

Ken.

I was called into TM’s office about two months ago, he produced a “Well driven” print out, my heart sinks, my brain thinks “what have I done!”

He looks at my face and starts smiling, somebody had rung in complimenting me on my driving. That was on the M6 nr Carnforth and I don’t remember anything unusual happening!

So 20 years driving reputation down the pan, I’ll have to go back to FLT’s if I get another one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: