What complaints have you had?

bobthedog:
You would have been on your knees before Carolle if it had been at BFS, and then retraining with Eric… :laughing:

Now you mention that, I was running with Big George on BFS a few weeks ago, we were heading west on hwy 1 in SK, George moved over to let a car out from a slip road, he went past & moved back over, I was still out in the outside lane, the car, with two young girls in it then roared away up to George’s bumper, shot out into the outside lane & off they went, I tucked back in behind George & we carried on. We stopped at Medicine Hat for fish & chips, when we got back to the trucks George had got a satellite message from the aforementioned rug muncher saying that he had nearly run a car off the road as they joined hwy 1 at Swift Current, there was no question, no asking George what had happened, just that they had receieved a call complaining about him & that he would be required to get to the yard for ‘training’ (from a [zb]ing bus driver) asap, unbelievable, the bloke actually moved over to let the silly little ■■■■■ out, they complained, about what I do not know & the driver is not even consulted about it :unamused:

George, satellited back the true circumstances & carried on, I think the outcome would’ve been somewhat different if you or I were to receive such a message, I reckon a U turn & a swift return to the yard would’ve been the appropriate response :open_mouth: :laughing:

a mate of mine drives for a large firm in aberdeen which had the “am i good driver please call and the companys complainet number written on the back” written on the back of every trailer they had, 6 months later they took all the signs off as the boss got so sick of the petty calls he was getting, 1 call he got was from a guy stuck in traffic on the m1 called to complain that his lorry was preventing him seeing what the hold up was and could he move it out of his way.

The guy I work for has 3 wagons, 2 artics and a rigid, he drives the other unit on a contract job using that companies trailers. I use the other unit and our trailer. He had his company name and home and mobile numbers put on the back doors for the 1st time in 8 years, they were foot high stickers. I peeled half of the numbers off. He asked why, I said because as you know people in cars haven’t got a clue when it comes to lorries and I don’t people texting you everytime I pull out to let someone onto the motorway from a sliproad and then when I pull back in on them cos they start speeding up to undertake me, they feel agrieved, or any of the other million and one situations that occur. He wasn’t bothered !! The trailer was running around with the numbers on it for a couple of months before I got it, he lent it to his mate. I said how many calls have you had then from them 2 months, he said none. I replied by saying if I wanted a load moving then I wouldn’t be ringing a number off the back of a lorry. I would be in Yellow pages if I didn’t know anything about the haulage game, but he ain’t in there and couldn’t do a load for anyone anyway as we have enough work to be keeping the truck going anyway.

Sounds about right for how they are now, Mark. You are too right. I would have called them first, just to be polite, and if they didn’t sort it then they would need to start considering their options… :smiling_imp:

bobthedog:
Sounds about right for how they are now, Mark. You are too right. I would have called them first, just to be polite, and if they didn’t sort it then they would need to start considering their options… :smiling_imp:

Oh I would’ve phoned in, then if the silly tart reacted the same way she did when I had a diesel pipe come loose & drop a load of diesel, namely lot’s of hormonal shouting, followed by me putting the phone down, coming back to the yard from Saskatoon & never driving their green piece of crap again, ■■■■■ :open_mouth:

it just shows what this country is gettig like even to the point if i stop a black male and have a word with him about something i get “you only stopped me because i am black”, see what i have to put up with?.

I find the best thing in those awkward situations is to politely ask him/her if they are only saying that because you are white(I’m making assumptions here you can be whatever you want) It normally leaves them without an answer.

I had a complaint on my driving lessons for going 39 in a 40. Disgusting behaviour I know.

Complaints?, how many of you have had a sign/notice erected as a result of your complaints?
I had the pleasure of dropping at Innovate’s cold store in Bilsthorpe,the girl behind the glass looked as if she had been having a good day( face like thunder, didn’t reply when I said “mornin”), so me being a happy chappy, I thought I’d try and cheer her up with some of my Scottish humour, she wasn’t having any of it!, I ended the one sided conversation with “I wouldn’t take a friggin broken paypacket home to a face like that” and walked out. Got back to the yard, manager says, your’e banned from Innovate for swearing at the ■■■■■■■ reception, I had my say, he called them, and hey presto!, I’m unbanned.
Next time I’m there, another sign saying something along the lines of “abuse of our staff will not be tolerated, you will be banned, you will be treated as guilty, we have the final say, cos wer’e a big company and this sign was erected as visiting drivers were complaining that they did not have enough sign’s/noitices to read, you will not be allowed an early finish on Friday’s, as we want our pound of flesh, we reserve the right to hold you here for hours and hours without giving you any reason, you must not go in the outside lane of motorways cos your’e too big and slow, you must sign in and out, even if you can’t write, when walking you should put one leg in front of the other, failure to comply will lead to you falling over and disciplinary action will be taken if you fall over on company time” appears.
I soooo much prefer to go to Heywood, effiecent, professional and above all pleasant.

Someone phoned the office to complain about my conduct as a passenger! It was during the snows last winter when we decided it had cleared up a bit so went out to get some local deliveries done. Went down a long steep hill, even though as navigator I recommended against it. Toward the bottom the compacted snow gave no grip so we slowly drifted toward a van giving way (correctly in normal circumstances) in a narrow section. Two long sounds on the horn later, no movement on the van’s behalf until we were just managing to slide past him when the driver started moving to the right. I was a bit scared by this stage and banged on our side window trying to get his attention only to see him looking straight at me as we went by - he had obviously seen us and was trying to stop us going past, not that we wanted to! - he had a total disregard for the conditions and must have known how slippery it was. Anyway, he then decided not to wait anymore (the driver coming the other way was sensible and had waited safely during this) and followed us through. When we got back the guy had phoned up to say I was being abusive and that he would never buy anything from us again! :cry: If I had the opportunity I would have liked to explain a few things to him. Seems to me that a lot up people try and drop others in it for their own misdeeds.

caz:

it just shows what this country is gettig like even to the point if i stop a black male and have a word with him about something i get “you only stopped me because i am black”, see what i have to put up with?.

I find the best thing in those awkward situations is to politely ask him/her if they are only saying that because you are white(I’m making assumptions here you can be whatever you want) It normally leaves them without an answer.

I had a complaint on my driving lessons for going 39 in a 40. Disgusting behaviour I know.

i have used that before and it works

shuttlespanker:
a while ago, i had a mongoloid hit the side of my trailer and lose his off side door mirror, i was pulling a skeletal with a 40 container on the main A30 passing Exeter airport slip road west bound, he was in a VW van coming down the afore mentioned slip road to join the main carriageway.

i knew what was going to happen, so i watched with baited breath waiting for the inevitable departure of said wing mirror :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sure enough, it flew straight accross the bonnet of the van :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

after that, he chased me down the A30 towards the M5, i didn’t bother stopping initially as i knew that it was his fault and there would be no damage to my vehicle, anyway, he caught me and got me to pull over just before i got to the M5 junction.

after about 10 minutes of varied levels of verbal abuse and blame dishing, he decided that he wanted the office phone number so that he could speak to “the boss” :wink: , funny thing was, he was right at the side of it when he hit the trailer, and he was right behind it when i slammed the brakes on and he very nearly went into the back of the trailer.

he was still insistant that he was going to phone the office and speak to “the boss” even after i told him in no uncertain terms that i owned the truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well, he phoned the office, spoke to the person who deals with my accounts (read: mother :wink: ), he told her exactly what had happened and he was then asked for his insurance details just in case we wanted to claim for damages to the vehicle or personal injury as the accident was his fault and he had just admitted liability.

he then went ballistic and demanded to speak to “the boss”, he was told that the boss was out, so he said he would ring back the following day, when he was told that the boss would be out that day too, he then stated that he was going to speak to the police and a solicitor and take the matter to court over the damage to his van.

My mother advised him to buy a copy of The Highway Code and actually read it before doing any of that, but if he still insisted on taking legal action, she asked him to let us know when the judge stops laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we never did hear any more over that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

shame really, i instructed “the office” to give “The boss’s” mobile number, but he never called back :cry:

you should have given him the company owners mobile number and asked him to ring him now as he likes to know of complaints straight away, then answered it in front of him! :laughing: :laughing: he’d have ■■■■ himself!

My employer is forever complaining to me about my PPE, and he also says I have a poor attitude.

Nice one Harry :wink: I had a SECURITY one once that I had written ‘stolen from’ above & ‘while they were sleeping’ underneath.