This weeks most professional Driver NOT

Well my nomination goes to the Pratt driving the Blue Spacecab Reg no GN04WKC belonging to Alan Firmin.

As we come off Worksop Roundabout Northbound at approx 06:15 this morning, this [zb] was just starting to build up his speed as I passed him, but instead of letting me get back into the inside lane (Dispite being 3 \4 way past him) by just easing off for them 2 or 3 seconds, he decided to floor it and keep me there for 1 1\2 miles, neither gaining nor losing speed, until I decided the best thing to do was to just back off and let the [zb] pass on the inside so as to get back into the inside lane to let the cars pass that were building up behind.

What happens at Blyth Roundabout? I sailed straight past him once we came off the roundabout onto the Motorway section, so maybe he would like to take the time to come on here and explain what benefit his pathetic action served? If not intended just to pee off both myself and the other motorists on the A1 North bound.

All it did to me was {zb} me off to the point that I certainly wont bother moving over to the outside lane at sliproads for Firmin trucks joining or easing off to let them past in future.

One Bad Apple and in my opinion that sums up the Barrel !!!

hi davey

i had the same thing happen to me on the m1 southbound .just before forest east services. i was 3/4 past this other artic he was in slowlane i was in middle lane. and he speeded up till he was along side of me. it took me about 1.5 miles to eventually overtake him. but i ended up getting done 4pts and a £220 fine . the charge was dangerous driving ? no wonder ive packed wagon driving in

regards

ricky ex trucker now doing I/T for a living

I think it’s a Macho thing, some div’s just dont like being overtaken, it obviously reduces the size of their manhood in someway.

I had a similar experience on the M1 with an Elddis truck (say no more)

I let him out of Tibshelf services and he just blasted up the inside and sat there staring into space. I had to brake to let him out again when he nearly ran up the arse of a car. I lost my momentum and ended up back in the inside lane over the hills.

Elddis :smiling_imp: I hate them all now :stuck_out_tongue:

I find tooting a little tune on the horn often does wonders (so it’s not an aggressive “HOOOONK! let me in or else!” but a friendly “beep-beep-be-beep-beep, come on mate, play fair”.

more often than not the driver drops back pretty quick and off I go on my merry way.

:frowning: That sort of thing seems to be pretty normal these days. The amount of scum behind the wheel is getting ridiculous. :imp:

Yep, nowt new going on here :unamused: . I don’t have to put up with it any more though … :smiley: .

:sunglasses:

I have just listened to Jeremy Vine about driving tests. If you fail 3 tests you should spend the rest of your life on the bus.

Could that be extended to trucks? :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
Yep, nowt new going on here :unamused: . I don’t have to put up with it any more though … :smiley: .

:sunglasses:

me neither mate, my puddle jumper can do 70, and I just slip into lane 3 :laughing:
And I agree, so many people (mainly but not exclusively new artic drivers) have no idea how to be polite while driving. Clueless bunch of [ZB]ers :unamused:

Yep, nowt new going
on here Rolling Eyes . I don’t have to put up with it any more though …

Yeah isn’t it great Rob :smiley: :smiley:

The most amusing ones for me are the divs in the unit next door to my workshop - local landscaping contractors with BIG TRANSIT TIPPERS & TRAILERS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Ride around the yard flat out (unless they are trying to reverse :unamused: ). I’m afraid the odd jerk like this lot somehow gets an HGV & drives it with the same mentality :unamused:

Don’t get angry Davey - just feel sorry for them :laughing:

I find a few flashes of the left indicator, followed by a very gradual drift over to the n/s usually gets these muppets to ease off a touch. :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I have just listened to Jeremy Vine about driving tests. If you fail 3 tests you should spend the rest of your life on the bus.

Could that be extended to trucks? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m all for it. I think that 3 goes is enough for anyone. If you can’t pass it on the 3rd go then you should accept that you’re not cut out to be a driver. End of.

Trucks, buses, cars, bikes, the lot.

I vote for retests every 10 years. Half the idiots on the road are over 40.

allikat:

Agreed. But make it 5 instead :smiling_imp: .

Rob K:
I’m all for it. I think that 3 goes is enough for anyone. If you can’t pass it on the 3rd go then you should accept that you’re not cut out to be a driver. End of.

Trucks, buses, cars, bikes, the lot.

There’s some truth in that for sure. I think maybe there should be a lot more classroom stuff for the inexperienced on just these type of things, after passing the basic test. Fail and you get a push bike, and if you’re an idiot on one of them too then your chances of being mashed are high. :stuck_out_tongue:

allikat:
Half the idiots on the road are over 40.

whats wrong with being over 40 :question: :question: :wink:

allikat:

Agree with that, I don’t agree with a 3 test maximum rule though, half the time it’s driving schools putting people in for their test too early or not preparing them for it. (If it was a rule it would not have affected me though :slight_smile: )

Rob K:

allikat:

Agreed. But make it 5 instead :smiling_imp: .

I have sai9d for a long time that retests should be taken every 5 years too.

And just remember that the other 50% of idiots are under 40 :smiley:

I think also there are natural drivers and natural pedestrians

Wheel Nut:
And just remember that the other 50% of idiots are under 40…

What’s wrong with being under 40?

allikat:

Wheel Nut wrote:
And just remember that the other 50% of idiots are under 40…

What’s wrong with being under 40?

Keep up that man… :stuck_out_tongue: