This weeks most professional Driver NOT

i agre if fail more than four times then you have no chance ( when i took my bike test the instructor said to i have got pick some else up on the way then he told me he has taken 17 test and failed them all and i thought he was joking then i saw him ride a bike i say saw in my mirror as i had stopped but he plowed straight in to the back of me knocked me off then had the cheek to say it was my fault i wopuld of hit him but due to fact i was crying like girl coz i had broken my leg coz of this so&so :cry: :cry: :cry: so yeah i do agree later guys :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

BLADE 918:
and i thought he was joking then i saw him ride a bike i say saw in my mirror as i had stopped but he plowed straight in to the back of me knocked me off then had the cheek to say it was my fault i wopuld of hit him but due to fact i was crying like a girl coz i had broken my leg coz of this so&so

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry for laughing but that’s got to be one of the funniest posts in a long time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

i reckon they alt to rename this site the “perfect driver who never makes a mistake” forum, i’ve never read so much bollox!
every test i’ve took, i’ve passed first time, car,bike,class two and class one, that dosn’t make me a better driver than the bloke that’s took three or four attempts, that makes me lucky infact i wouldn’t consider myself a good driver certainly no better than the next.
everyone and their dog says the car test should be harder and should include motorway driving but at the same time you should only have three attempts :open_mouth:
thats gona mean a hell of a lot of people with no license, no car license means no truck license, means more foreigners driving on our roads with nobody having a clue wether they passed a test or just parted with the right amount of money to get their license in the first place!
if you took 100 brit truck drivers of variouse ages and made them take todays test at least 80% would fail, thats gauranteed.

paul b:
i reckon they alt to rename this site the “perfect driver who never makes a mistake” forum, i’ve never read so much [zb]!
every test i’ve took, i’ve passed first time, car,bike,class two and class one, that dosn’t make me a better driver than the bloke that’s took three or four attempts, that makes me lucky infact i wouldn’t consider myself a good driver certainly no better than the next.
everyone and their dog says the car test should be harder and should include motorway driving but at the same time you should only have three attempts :open_mouth:
thats gona mean a hell of a lot of people with no license, no car license means no truck license, means more foreigners driving on our roads with nobody having a clue wether they passed a test or just parted with the right amount of money to get their license in the first place!
if you took 100 brit truck drivers of variouse ages and made them take todays test at least 80% would fail, thats gauranteed.

Exactly the reasons why tests should be harder and re-test’s should be limited to 2 or 3 times, then we’d get that same 80% you quote above off our roads as these are the same idiot drivers that cut you up and keep you alongside them on dual carriageways for 10 miles at a time.

Try looking at the big picture Paul (again :unamused: ) :bulb: .

:slight_smile: :confused: I don’t see the problem paul b. Don’t you think the fairest way to whittle down the amount of drivers (mostly car) is to get the worst and most dangerous ones off the road. Or should everyone have a licence no matter what including that Maureen, Welsh bird off the Tele ■■ :unamused:

If the driving test was a decent standard 80% of people probably would fail, however this doesn’t mean they’d stay off the roads as IMO many would simply drive without a licence. At least by having a low standard test people who have passed have shown a slight competence to drive as opposed to none.

mrpj:
If the driving test was a decent standard 80% of people probably would fail, however this doesn’t mean they’d stay off the roads as IMO many would simply drive without a licence. At least by having a low standard test people who have passed have shown a slight competence to drive as opposed to none.

Sorry, but that’s an extremely poor excuse PJ. :unamused:

Rob K:

mrpj:

Sorry, but that’s an extremely poor excuse PJ. :unamused:

Certainly is a poor excuse but I can’t help feeling it would probably happen.

Bit of sexism here but, alort of the problems are the fact that there are more womwn drivers who were married so had a husband to drive them. But as things goes today more are divorced so they endup driving, even if they passed their test over 15 years ago and havent driven since, yet are concidered safe (maybee you should have to drive a certian amount of miles to keep your licence). Also their are oaps that cant even walk down the street straight, but because they passed a test in the 50s they can still drive.

the dvla should also operate a random retest sstem where if you are picked out you should have to prove your competence on the road else hae to sit a retest, that should get rid of alot of incapable drivers.

Oh yeah and if you drive with no insurance and you end up in an accident you should have to pay all costs even if you have to take a loan out from the government and pay it back over time.

DAFMAD:
:slight_smile: :confused: I don’t see the problem paul b. Don’t you think the fairest way to whittle down the amount of drivers (mostly car) is to get the worst and most dangerous ones off the road. Or should everyone have a licence no matter what including that Maureen, Welsh bird off the Tele ■■ :unamused:

thats all very well in theory but that idea only stops the worst of the learners getting a license what about all these dodery old ■■■■■■■■ who should’ve packed up years ago but insist on sitting on the inside lane at 45mph causing chaos or even the hgv drivers who either never took a test or took it in the days when all you had to do was turn up? i’m sure all the above would all claim to be “good” drivers but all the same they shouldn’t be on the road!
for me, keep the car test as is but add an extra entitlement that needs a test to drive on dual cariageways and motorways, say, after two years of having a license, thats what they do in many other countries.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers for your compasion rob :stuck_out_tongue: the instructor came to see me later and said he was still moaning about running into to the back of me coz he thought he had a good chance at passing his test well iam no angel but if he had passed i would of given up driving and moved to an island and walked every were lol :smiling_imp: :laughing: later to all but on the up note i git a free test and passed first :smiley:

Hello, this my first post on this site and im going to get a beating for it, but here goes, this thread started about overtaking- surely is it responsible for a profesional driver to sit in the middle/outside lane for 1 1/2 miles to get past another lorry? Yes he maybe should have slowed down, but at the same time surely you could have just eased in behind him, its a 2 way thing. As for this rubbish on 3 trys and your out, im with Paul on this, its easy to blame new drivers/easier tests but some of the older ones ought to know better to, we surely have respect for everyone elses ability or lack of, and help each other out? We have VOSA, Police,The Public all making our lives more difficult, we dont need to be getting on at each other. Love this site ive been looking in for a while now, and decided to jump in with both size 12`s :smiley:. Take care everyone. Paul.

:smiley: That got him out and posting. :wink: :laughing:

Doh so this is just an evil plot to un-mask me eh? i would have got away with it if it hadnt been for you pesky drivers :laughing: :astonished: :smiley:

Welcome to Tnet monster :sunglasses: .

monster:
Doh so this is just an evil plot to un-mask me eh? i would have got away with it if it hadnt been for you pesky drivers :laughing: :astonished: :smiley:

:smiley: Yep. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:
Well my nomination goes to the Pratt driving the Blue Spacecab

Phew wondered what you were going to say :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

allikat:
Half the idiots on the road are over 40.

Denis F:
whats wrong with being over 40?

Wheel Nut:
And just remember that the other 50% of idiots are under 40…

brummie:
What’s wrong with being under 40?

Wheel Nut:
Keep up that man…

What am I missing? It helps if you actually put on your reading glasses…

brummie:

allikat:
Half the idiots on the road are over 40.

Denis F:
whats wrong with being over 40?

Wheel Nut:
And just remember that the other 50% of idiots are under 40…

brummie:
What’s wrong with being under 40?

Wheel Nut:
Keep up that man…

What am I missing? It helps if you actually put on your reading glasses…

PMSL

monster:
Hello, this my first post on this site and im going to get a beating for it, but here goes, this thread started about overtaking- surely is it responsible for a profesional driver to sit in the middle/outside lane for 1 1/2 miles to get past another lorry? Yes he maybe should have slowed down, but at the same time surely you could have just eased in behind him, its a 2 way thing.

Welcome Monster, unfortunately I think your missing the point, if a truck gets approx 75% past you then it’s logical to say that the passing truck was travelling faster.

During that 1 1\2 miles I expected the pillock to accept that he was just being a moron and back off, instead of matching my speed, as I stated originally, as a result of seeing the pratt had no intentions I dropped back something like 65 ft whereas he only needed to drop back maybe 7 or 8 ft, as a result of me dropping back, this caused further delays to the vehicles behind me because it had to be done slowly, you cant just hit the brakes at 56 mph otherwise the poor sod behind would be underneath.

Bear in mind, most vehicles automatically go into the outside lane on a dual carriageway to pass a truck, regardless of the speed it is travelling at, because they know full well that they do travel faster than trucks, so me braking hard could have resulted in a pile up, and all because one pillock aged around 50ish could’nt face the prospect of another truck passing him :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I actually e-mailed Firmins congratulating them for employing a moron, I recieved a read receipt but to date I still aint recieved a reply, the email sent is copied below.

Dear Sirs

As a professional Driver I would like to congratulate your company for employing a total dipstick, in this day and age, HGV Drivers have to suffer enough problems on the UK Roads with inconsiderate motorists without fellow HGV Drivers finding it necessary to act like Morons. Unbelievably, I recall the days when HGV Drivers were once looked upon as Knights of the Road, and yet nowadays, they are shown no respect from other road users, simply because of the moronic actions of drivers such as yours!!!.

This morning wed 27th July at approx 06:15am, I was following a Blue Daf Spacecab with Alan Firmin trailer registration number GN 04 WKC northbound on the A1, I myself was driving a Scania R Series articulated vehicle, after we crossed the roundabout at Worksop, I proceeded to pass your vehicle, getting 3\4 length past when your driver decided to keep me in the offside lane by refusing to ease off his accelerator for just 2 seconds, nor using common sense in allowing the overtake to be completed before reaching the full speed for the vehicle. As a result I was held in the outside lane for a distance of at least 1 & 1\2 miles neither gaining nor losing distance between both vehicles, finally I decided that despite being over 75% past your truck, rather than act unprofessionally and cut in, I would reduce my speed to allow your vehicle to undertake and I would drop in behind. This decision was made to solely prevent the public opinion of HGV drivers being further damaged by the large number of vehicles that were now stuck bethind both trucks.

Please do take the time to explain to your driver, that the size of his manhood is not reduced, simply because another truck passes him, there is absolutely no shame in being passed nor is there any shame in easing off for 2 or 3 second to allow a vehicle to pass, after this mornings incident, all your driver has succeeded in doing, is make me aware that Alan Firmin Trucks are obviously driven by idiots who dont care about anything or anyone else other than themselves, after all, one bad apple !!!. As a result, I will no longer be easing over into the offside lane as your vehicles attempt to join from sliproads, nor would I be given them any courteousy on the roads in future, maybe your driver of the said vehicle would like to explain what difficulty there was in permitting a vehicle to overtake, after all, once we went around Blyth Roundabout 2 miles further north, his vehicle was passed with ease, to which he found it necessary to make hand gestures.

If nothing else, at least this driver has got a little publicity for your company, (Albeit negative) as the event is now being discussed on www.trucknetuk.com in the round table forums, where regular visitors include the likes of Jenny Bell a reporter from Commercial Motor Magazine and Dave Young editor of Truck & Driver etc, not to mention the many thousands of HGV drivers from the UK.

If I sound a little pee’d off, then great I have successfully got my message through to you, hopefully to pass onto the Moron concerned, Road safety is a priority for any responsible HGV Driver, and all his actions succeeded in doing was A) Pee me off, B) Pee off other road users and, C) delay other road users, who may have then had to take unneccessary risks further up the A1 because of his stupidity, thereby putting other drivers at risk. I am use to seeing stupidity on the roads after spending 23 years in the transport industry, but must admit, this is the first time I have still been damned annoyed some 11 1\2 hrs after the event, that I have actually written to the company about it. Does Firmin intend offering training to drivers such as this, or is it simply left until Vosa end up acting because of complaints from Joe Public, as believe me, that is who my next letter goes to?

Yours

David Driver