Apologies to everyone concerned,

That was me causing a que on the A52 in to Nottingham from Derby on Friday at the J25 roundabout. I’d broken down right in the middle lane just short of the lights for the A52 exit to Long Eaton. If I’d tried a bit harder, I suppose I could have broken down right across it and really caused chaos :open_mouth: :smiley: . Still I did make the national traffic, so the day wasn’t a complete loss :stuck_out_tongue: .

It made me laugh when a tipper driver started to argue with the highways agency bods and tell them they could flow traffic either side of me whilst the recovery guy was doing his job :unamused:.

There is a certain satisfaction to be gained from hearing the chaos you have caused announced of the radio traffic report. Happened to me in Germany once.

yeah i have the t shirt for that one as well M1 north about J13
truck went up in smoke in 1999 an F10 globetrotter F700 ACT

I blocked 2 lanes of the M40 at rush hour once… :cry:

None of those are as good as the guy that broke down on the M1 s/b at the roadworks by luton whilst the contraflow was down to one lane . Those tailbacks had me laughing whilst i was sailing n/b .
Whoever that was was a really popular person :laughing:

When I was in the recovery game it used be fun when we decided we would be better off closing the road to extract whatever needed extracting. The faces of some as they were delayed on their daily routine used to make me smile. Was dragging a car out a field oneday in not the saftest bit of road. So had one guy stand in hi vis down the road and put some cones out, didnt deter one head banger though. He didnt slow one bit then when he spoted me over the brow went mental because he had to slow down. Shaking his fist and ranting. Hope he crashed a few miles later!