M1 J12-13 Thankyou

I dealt with a serious incident today which caused massive tailbacks and I would just like to say thankyou to all the understanding drivers stuck in the congestion.
The collision happened in the two lane section in roadworks and even though we closed lanes 1 and 2 quite early,the stuck traffic was still quite lengthy.As soon as it became obvious it was going to be a serious incident (two roofs off and one 67 yr old car driver with life changing injuries),we opened a cross over point to put trapped traffic into the contraflow lane.Because we had several hundred meteres of trapped traffic to reverse upto the cross over point,it took over two hours to clear lanes 1/2 of standing traffic.
During this time,I had abuse from three truck drivers.Three out of the 100’s that were stuck for over two hours is quite remarkabale.usually,it is a lot higher.
Perhaps it was because they saw the four fire appliances,two ambualnces fighting their way through the road work’s area,im not sure.But all I can say is thanks.
We try and clear trapped traffic as soon as possible,but doing this safely takes time.
One more note.It shows the poor standard of car driving,when most trucks reversed quicker than most cars.Three cars we did three point turns because it was quicker than reversing them.
A John Lewis truck reversed in a solid straight line,while the women in a Megane next to him could not drive forward properly,let alone reverse.
The public should watch the majority of truck drivers and learn how to drive properly.
Unfortunately though,I think all this was caused by a truck :frowning:

Also grateful to the HA’s that towed the broken down ■■■■■■ van off the M6 slip at catthorpe this morning so we could all keep moving rather than cone a lane off.Well done.

What puzzles me is why people would give verbal to somebody when all they are trying to do is help the unfortunate people involved in an accident.
These 3 so called professional drivers should really take a reality check and be thankful it wasn`t there relatives being cut out of a car!

dowahdiddyman:
What puzzles me is why people would give verbal to somebody when all they are trying to do is help the unfortunate people involved in an accident.
These 3 so called professional drivers should really take a reality check and be thankful it wasn`t there relatives being cut out of a car!

Well said !!!

disgo:
Also grateful to the HA’s that towed the broken down ■■■■■■ van off the M6 slip at catthorpe this morning so we could all keep moving rather than cone a lane off.Well done.

Someone I know happens to know 1 or 2 who work that area , :wink:

Your welcome thanks and comment will surely be passed on to the crew ime sure . :wink:
Safe trucking :sunglasses:

Who do you work for Extrucker? What companies where involved in the Accident?
Cheers

dowahdiddyman:

Unfortunatly these clowns are now becoming the majority and not the minority :imp: The job isnt enjoyable anymore and its truckers more and more who are ruining it not car drivers.And before i start getting abuse from the holier than thous im not tarring everyone with the same brush.Yes there are still good honest working truckers out there but we are getting rarer and rarer wich is sad. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

BIGRIG:

dowahdiddyman:

Unfortunatly these clowns are now becoming the majority and not the minority :imp: The job isnt enjoyable anymore and its truckers more and more who are ruining it not car drivers.And before i start getting abuse from the holier than thous im not tarring everyone with the same brush.Yes there are still good honest working truckers out there but we are getting rarer and rarer wich is sad. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

couldn’t agree more!

gtilee:
Who do you work for Extrucker?

HATO.

I forgot to say thankyou to the driver of a yellow mercedes car transporter driver,who stopped on the J13/A421 roundabout to tell us of this accident.The time saved by us getting to scene quickly,and thus getting paramedics and fire to scene quickly (by driving down to scene the wrong way) may have saved someone’s life.

Yeah was stuck in this myself, managed to give the cab a good degunging being as the hire company didn’t lol! - Wondered why we were moving stop start then when i saw the central reservation realised why :slight_smile:

Made a nice job of the Porchse. Probably same old thing there, everyone in a line and “oh i wanna nip in there in front of the wagon” BANG BANG BANG :frowning: But that’s speculation, can’t comment on that incident but simply lost count now how often that happens there

Althogh interesting geography on the matrix boards, “J13-J14 Accident” when it was before J13 :wink:

shade:

dowahdiddyman:

Well said !!!

• me
    Its not as if you caused it,you are just trying to sort out the aftermath.

Sorry to hear it was a serious - especially for the older guy :frowning:

ExT is it not quicker/easier to turn trapped traffic & let them drive back to the x over?
Even artics can “Uey” in 4 lanes.

As for the females who were incapable of reversing, what more can I say…

disgo:

I also saw a womble (sorry HATO) towing a vehicle the other day, asked my mate and he said it’d probably broken down on a slip road, so tow it to a safer place…

Well done guys.

Stu190,the accident North of J13,which also saw a serious injury and a roof off jobby (fire like the practice)is what caused the tailback which my incident was in.
Driveroneuk,yes it is usually quicker to turn vehicles round and send wrong way,but we were in a two lane section and I think the best truck driver in the world might have difficulty :wink:
Unless your Mo from Stobarts. :laughing:
I should add that several male car drivers cannot reverse either.Not just women :blush:

Keep a eye out for me at Toddington Services Ex-trucker, im often there taking photos.

Lee