Things in windows!

Hi all,
This is my first topic so be gentle please :laughing: … After coming back from my two day run yesterday my transport manager came out saying where he wanted the truck putting, and then he said i had to move all my mini scarves out of the windscreen cause the company we have the trucks from had been pulled over and told to take them down or move them!!! :open_mouth:

And if i didn’t and if i got stop the police they would give me 3 points for it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so do i take everything out ie… scarves and table out which the table is very handy in a daf lf… :smiley: lol… i have moved most of them but i dont know sounds silly to me… i could see very clearly out of the windscreen… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Cheers
Ade :bulb:

mate this is not silly, we also got told a few months back, as it is illigal to have anything in the window that impares the view. so all my gear had to go. aparently VOSA couldnt find anything wrong with the trucks, so they started on this. im sure it was the companys operators licence they can loose, as well as a nice little fine for u. dont think u would get points for it thou

Just a side note
If you have a window on the nearside (by the bunk) like on the scania and a window to the rea of the cab they must also be clear to see through ie pull curtains back so you can see through them .
yep they can do you for that too

I wish the Police and VOSA would sit on port entrances and do the trucks coming over for the sat nav/laptops/tv that seems to be compulsory for them to have in the windscreen!!!

Clarky:
I wish the Police and VOSA would sit on port entrances and do the trucks coming over for the sat nav/laptops/tv that seems to be compulsory for them to have in the windscreen!!!

Thye are exempt.

Solution:

1. Part-ex your current collection of niff-naff for ‘Show-dogs’, ‘Little Princess’ or ‘Naughty Person’ on board variants.

2. No less than 50% of the window is to be obscured.

3. Accessorise with one of those dangly CD things in your arc of vision that seem to give Asian-extracted folk special road-powers (obscuring the mirror is best).

4. Randomly alter your speed.

A couple of months ago they stopped and fined everyone in rownham services for the same offence all where given 3 points and a instant fine

Jammymutt, please explain why they are exempt.

I would say from past experience they are exempt, because the plod cant be arsed trying to get the message across to them, they can make more money from us . They should be like the german cops, you dont move until you pay/comply!!!

A lot of our ‘visiting’ drivers have huge crucifixes or Our Ladies dangling inthe window and sometimes both - but nobody would dare to tell them to move them I think.

Mothertrucker:
‘…A lot of our ‘visiting’ drivers have huge crucifixes…in the window…’

A simple ‘…He’s off the cross, y’ know…’ is respectfully speaking the truth due to the crucifixion being a one-off event before Jesus rose forever a day or two later.

But some folk get un-easy about truth & hope that gawdy, plastic tat will suffice.

while i agree plod should treat foreign drivers the same as british. i also think anyone who has their windscreen obscured by dangley scarves, dream catchers or spears should be fined by the style police if not vosa.

the latest on our grape vine is a lad with a scania r cab highline was stopped by the police and told to take his dash top table out of his cab or he would get done . he took it out and was putting it on the top bunk when they said no it had to be out of the cab .he paid a 100 quid for it and they want him to strap it to the cat walk or chuck it in the trailor . what is the world coming to.

We are all going to HELL in a handcart:)

the driver with the red man in this months t&d mag looks to have a shrine built to cdc accessories in his windscreen? :wink: :laughing: :unamused:

why do people want dangly things in windows■■? i really don’t understand the draping curtain thing blocking n/s and o/s view out…is it all the rage now?

Great forum, to all and sundry concerned.This question brings to mind an incident in Dublin not too long ago,when a truck that had come off an early morning ferry,went to Cork,tipped and reloaded,and was heading back for the night boat,was involved in an accident on the quays.(when we were still allowed in the city)A young lady cyclist was killed,and when the truck was impounded and tested(standard when there is a fatality),the D.O.E.Garda,noted that up to 30% of his window/windscreen(not sure which)was covered in stickers/scarves/pennants etc. and was a contributary factor in the death.Personally bare minimum in windows,tax,insurance,test cert,for me,as I thought we had outgrown that.Totally agree with the foreigners arrivingand driving with the plasma screen on the dash though!
Keep i up all,great forum.

Obscured vision reminds me how obstructive the O/S mirror can be - especially on roundabouts, eh…

I’m staying out of this one :wink:

ah go on getz,we could do with a good row now and then !