Truck table?

may be somebody buy this .what feedback -good or no.think
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/iveco- … tables.php

Not sure about the tables but the lorry sat nav he sells is very good

Do VOSA make you take those tables out ? I fancy one but no point if those people make you take it out

I remember reading on here a year or two ago that if you have the mirror on the front of your cab, (like the ones that stick out from the sunvisor) you can have a table, because with the front mirror you can see down the front of the truck, whereas if you had a table without, it would obscure your vision.
True or not, i dont know…

ive got one and i was stop at worksop by vosa and didnt say anything about my table but i do have the front mirror

looks like I will be having a table then . Are the ones on this thread the best ?

Ive had vosa sitting in the hot seat before and wasn’t interested in the table and to be fair it did block the view quite abit.

Good idea to check the bits that sit on the dash don’t have the heads of any nails protruding, i had to hammer them in to save it from scratching the dashboard.

big-john:
looks like I will be having a table then . Are the ones on this thread the best ?

would prefer a black one though

I’ve got the full width version. I think he’s missing a trick by not properly finishing them. Was going to make one myself and then thought it wasn’t worth the trial and error so bought one in the link. Sprayed it black, stuck rubber matting on and also used a router all round to put some plastic trim all round the edges. Would probably happily paid another £50 to not bother doing that myself.

Will post a pic later if I can remember.

I always take them out for MOT but never been commented on at the roadside. I don’t fill it with crap when I’m driving mostly use it for cooking.

big-john:

I wouldn’t take driver hearsay/crap as fact mate I would check with VOSA before you waste your cash. I was told a few years ago to remove mine even though I had a front mirror. OK, it was a left hand drive so I don’t know if that had any bearing on it, but the ■■■■■■■■ are telling you to remove things like dreamcatchers :unamused: , which in the real world do not make a ■■■■ of a difference to visibility, so bearing that point in mind,check first.

robroy:

big-john:

I wouldn’t take driver hearsay/crap as fact mate I would check with VOSA before you waste your cash. I was told a few years ago to remove mine even though I had a front mirror. OK, it was a left hand drive so I don’t know if that had any bearing on it, but the [zb] are telling you to remove things like dreamcatchers :unamused: , which in the real world do not make a [zb] of a difference to visibility, so bearing that point in mind,check first.

So did you put it back in at a later date ? . It sounds like may be one or 2 gestapo have a thing about them , but most don’t .

big-john:

robroy:

big-john:

I wouldn’t take driver hearsay/crap as fact mate I would check with VOSA before you waste your cash. I was told a few years ago to remove mine even though I had a front mirror. OK, it was a left hand drive so I don’t know if that had any bearing on it, but the [zb] are telling you to remove things like dreamcatchers :unamused: , which in the real world do not make a [zb] of a difference to visibility, so bearing that point in mind,check first.

So did you put it back in at a later date ? . It sounds like may be one or 2 gestapo have a thing about them , but most don’t .

I put it back in at the next lay by.
Incidentally I was not the only one from that co to be told, there was quite a few, and in all different parts of UK. The entire fleet had them fitted as the co supplied them.

Police interceptors on ch5 the other month they pulled a foreign driver on the a1 in notts and did him for his table.,cant remember how much,the copper was a propper jobsworth knob though :confused:

I’m half thinking of getting one for my volvo to use when I’m preparing grub but the lack of visibility is the only thing putting me off.

big-john:

big-john:

would prefer a black one though

I’ve got a black one both passenger side and middle one I took out of my old volvo if you wanna buy them 50 quid for the two.

jay0:
I’m half thinking of getting one for my volvo to use when I’m preparing grub but the lack of visibility is the only thing putting me off.

Couldn’t see ■■■■ all with the table in my R series, easy lose a car in the newly created blind spot.

Now this is a proper table :sunglasses:

newmercman:
Now this is a proper table :sunglasses:

So hows that work . does it fold up or clip off ?

Saaamon:

jay0:

Couldn’t see [zb] all with the table in my R series, easy lose a car in the newly created blind spot.

Think you just put me off one . I spend alot of time on backroads delving to farms

big-john:

Saaamon:

jay0:

Couldn’t see [zb] all with the table in my R series, easy lose a car in the newly created blind spot.

Think you just put me off one . I spend alot of time on backroads delving to farms

It’s fine in an Iveco

Someone else has got my truck but I’II post a pic when it’s back and you’ll want one again.