Windscreen in there?

What do you all think of having stuff in the windscreen like teddy bears and flags and dash tables and such?

The night driver who i share a truck with has it all dash table, teddys, tv, some chrome lady on a spring. Its starting to ■■■■ me off as i have to get in and out of tight places it gets in my way.

I dont know how to tell him its in the way.

Even the boss isnt happy about it , they made him take out the frilly curtains.

if you don’t like it in there, take it out, but, be careful not to damage it, as you could get in trouble for it

Throw it in the bin, deny all knowledge.

Not that long ago, I remember a local Foulgers truck had an accident and someone was either injured or killed. I read that the court heard police evidence to the effect, the driver had too much junk pasted and plastered all over his windscreen, which constituted not only a safety risk, but a danger to all road users, and was a contributory factor in the accident. Not only was the driver fined and banned from driving, but Foulgers were heavily fined and severely criticised by the traffic commissioner…

Just saying…

Well i think im going to start i already take the tv off the dash table but it all bugs me. Only been there a week dont want to over step the mark.

as far as i am aware its supposed to be illegal to clutter up your windscreen

Tell him you got a tug by VOSA.Its illegal to have anything obscuring vision within the sweep of the wipers unless it is a safety notice,and they made you take all the ■■■■ out and chuck it in the bin.Same with the bloody stupid wendy house curtains that some knobs hang on the side windows.Who they hiding from? The rent man or mummy,daddy and bloody baby bear.

As the driver it’s your responsibility to make sure you have decent visibility. If that means getting rid of his crap then so be it. After all if you had an accident you could be blamed if police decide there was too much cluttering up your view

No i can’t stand the crap either, clear and clean windows all round, no curtains camp tasseled variety or otherwise obscuring for the overgrown little kid behind the wheel to play peekaboo.

Could never stand those bloody silly fork lift knobs that some knobs used to bolt to the steering wheel either, they came off before i took it out.

When I was on agency, I was regularly sent to a local firm to do a Saturday. They always gave me the same truck and the regular driver had a load of stuff: cushions, curtains, teddy bears, and pictures of his (rather ugly) kids. I scrounged a cardboard box from the factory and packed it all away, including a week’s worth of newspapers and sweet wrappers. On the third occasion, he beat me to it, and the truck was all cleared out when I got there. It turned out that he had complained to his boss, and when they had a look in his cab, he was told to clean it up.

A while later I was in Sainsbury’s waiting for a truck and related the story to a couple of other drivers. I was just getting to the bit about the ugly kids when I was interrupted. “That’s a coincidence, He’s my son,” the guy said. I gulped and swallowed the ‘ugly’.

Tell the clown to grow up and clear his rammal out I’m a Shunter and we get some right muppets come in to our place it takes them an age to back on the bays because the they can’t see out the windows as there obscured by daft curtains frilly lace Indian feathers and god knows what sometimes I say stick ya head out the window if ya can’t see or pull ya curtains back but I think they might get their hair messy if they stuck their heads out I don’t know how they passed their tests I sometimes have to use our contractors lorries to put certain trailers on the bays and the first thing I do when I climb in the cab is pull the curtains back so I can see properly out of the windows some moan and I reply you don’t drive ya car with daft curtains pulled around the windows ya supposed to be a professional lorry driver

Whats the problem? Just take it out and put it back at the end - one persons personal stuff might be crap to you but its still his. Live and let live I say. :wink:

gazsa401:
Tell the clown to grow up and clear his rammal out I’m a Shunter and we get some right muppets come in to our place it takes them an age to back on the bays because the they can’t see out the windows as there obscured by daft curtains frilly lace Indian feathers and god knows what sometimes I say stick ya head out the window if ya can’t see or pull ya curtains back but I think they might get their hair messy if they stuck their heads out I don’t know how they passed their tests I sometimes have to use our contractors lorries to put certain trailers on the bays and the first thing I do when I climb in the cab is pull the curtains back so I can see properly out of the windows some moan and I reply you don’t drive ya car with daft curtains pulled around the windows ya supposed to be a professional lorry driver

^^^^^^this^^^^^^

bad enough jumping in and out of lorries at night shunting if the windows are dirty but otherise clear, reflections and the like, you sound like i would be after a night poncing about with all this stuff…windows with curtains pulled across boil my ■■■■.

A dash table is acceptable in my opinion as long as it doesn’t obscure your vision. Anything else I’d bin off.

Use to share my cab with the day driver’s mate……

It is the duty of any driver who climbs into a day cabbed lorry that has European flag bunting stuck in the windscreen, to throw it out at the earliest opportunity.
…And those mini scarves which say “driver” must be launched out of the window when nobody’s looking. When did you last see a Vauxhall Insignia with “sales representative” scarves on display?
:laughing:

Herongate:

it reminds me of Wilkos, only the teddy in question was twice as big

Easy Speak to the boss and refuse the truck, if your told to take it out photo it then rip the side out of it in the yard ," Sorry boss I did tell you it blocked my vision " :grimacing:

Herongate:

Now, that is not only perfectly acceptable but freaking amazing ! :laughing: