Things in windows!

whiplash:
ah go on getz,we could do with a good row now and then !

oh pleeeeaseeee :frowning: its “gezt” not noway ever “getz” thats a car and not a very good one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

gezt:
‘…oh pleeeeaseeee…its “gezt” not noway ever “getz”…’

Are you a ‘Gerald’ then, Getzy?

From March next year the courts can handle cases involving foriegn drivers, more quickly i.e 24 hr sittings so Vosa can clamp down on the foreigners, they will also be opening many 24 hr inspection sites thanks to the goverments £24 million cash injection footed of course by the british tax payer as the government does not think a vinette system would be worthwhile.

Its a start I suppose

Happy Keith:

gezt:
‘…oh pleeeeaseeee…its “gezt” not noway ever “getz”…’

Are you a ‘Gerald’ then, Getzy?

Gerald but only when im in trouble :wink:
been known as gez since very early days

whiplash:
ah go on getz,we could do with a good row now and then !

nah but i wish they (vosa/police) would concentrate on more important things like foreign drivers breaking the law (and seizing the vehicle till the fine etc is paid)bad driving,diesel theft load thefts etc but then again they may be a bit risky for the boys in blue.
so lets pick on the british trucker who’s easier game . :angry:

andy bilton:
why do people want dangly things in windows■■? i really don’t understand the draping curtain thing blocking n/s and o/s view out…is it all the rage now?

Yeah it is you square :unamused:
If people can wear their trousers underneath their arses showing off their underpants then I really cant see whats wrong with a frilly curtain or 2 or a swinging silver naked lady :smiley:
too much radio 2 me thinks :wink:

i was told by a ministry man recently even your satnav must be stuck to a area not cleaned by the sweep of your wipers,or you are liable to be pulled.

What I want to know is why some drivers find it neccesary to have a rake of these little mini scarves with places on them they have more than likely never been?? The one that always makes me cringe is the one that says ‘DRIVER’. If the guy needs a scarf to remind him what he is then should he be out■■?
Very very rarely I may have to drive another unit for the day and when I get in it, and I don’t care which of our drivers it belongs to, everything comes out of the window.
Windows are for looking out of, not for filling with loads of crap!!!

Windows are for looking out of, not for filling with loads of crap!!!

Totally agree

Clarky:
I wish the Police and VOSA would sit on port entrances and do the trucks coming over for the sat nav/laptops/tv that seems to be compulsory for them to have in the windscreen!!!

But I need laptop open to watch DVDs to keep me awake!

switchlogic:

Clarky:

Why can’t you take 40 winks at the wheel like me, it really makes the journey seem quicker.

I tend to follow Mr B’s example … :laughing:
Only cos my TV is mounted on wall behind me so I cant see it from driver seat! :wink:

Mr B:

switchlogic:

Clarky:

Why can’t you take 40 winks at the wheel like me, it really makes the journey seem quicker.

I try that next time, do you put the pillow up against the side window for comfort?

How comes car drivers are not pulled for having stuff in their vision. Like a sat nav or smelly trees, furry dice. Some car drivers have a sat nav so big and placed bang in the middle of the wiper sweep, which is placed almost directly in front of thier eyes.

So whats the difference?

sleafordstandard.co.uk/lates … 4486679.jp

I took a trailer for test on saturday morning with my baby scania…

upon approaching the test bay a mot tester approached me and advised me that if i didn’t clear my screen by the time the test was over then he would GV9 my truck. I was less than impressed.

We had a guy that had a number of things in his windscreen and got told to remove them or they would fine him and GV9 the truck. He did so just to save the hassle, then a week later VOSA turned up in the yard to do a random check and they noticed mine on the wash with my name plate at the bottom of the screen and told me the same thing.

I then pointed out that it couldn’t cause a blindspot as the wipers are set up so that they are at a slight angle. He told me that it doesnt make a difference, I cant see down the front of my truck when pulling up close to an object. I pointed out then that that is the reason we have mirrors mounted on the front of the truck just above the n/s corner of the screen. He walked away rather miffed… :laughing:

I remember getting pulled on a spot check in the 80s when flags were all the rage remember?Anyway im not even in my own truck and get told in no uncertain terms flags out or get done.

Heres a poser for the older ones amongst us.I cant remember much about this truck except it belonged to a scotch co in the 80s,but once you saw this truck you wouldnt forget the look of it.The truck was a 142 scania and the screen was so full of flags and regalier there was only about 3 sq ft of screen to see thro.Its crowning glory was a full line scotch dolls the whole way across the baseof the screen,impressive but dangerous.Does this jog anyones memory?

I’ve had a GV9 for the laptop. But was pulled for the name on side of truck rather than laptop being open. They kindly parked me up for 24 hours as well!