Windscreen graphic

can anyone tell me if i get one of these & vosa pull me,will they ask me to remove it.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … K:MEWAX:IT

andy.

Coudldn’t they say its in your line of sight or too much of a distraction?

VOSA would probably find a reason why you couldn’t have it.

If you got pulled for that then then England is in a worse state than i thought, its semi transparent… its at the top of your windowscreen…its not in your field of view at all… you wont get pulled for that surely

what about when it goes for mot.
andy.

Why dont you email VOSA a pic and ask the the question, you would have it from the horses mouth then, if they say its ok you will have proof if some upstart trys it on with ya down the road.
personaly i would say it was ok in the same sense its ok to have GAVIN +STACY across ya capri’s windscreen. lol

in a nut shell yes, only things what should be fitted to a windscreen “yawn” tax and o lic, basically if they wanted to be funny which some are they can make you take your sat navs, dart tags etc out as well. most vostapos wouldnt bother as its high up but the old type sun strips on test day had to be taken out but then again it depends which area your in aswell 164,but it can attract a pg9

If it’s in the swept area of the wipers they’ll do you for it, I would think.

Paul

You see some cars with tinted window film on the top bit of the screen like a sun strip and i think that is legal

repton:
If it’s in the swept area of the wipers they’ll do you for it, I would think.

Paul

Very true,they wanted to fail one of our’s on mot due to a slide up air freshener in a cup holder on a MAN tga :open_mouth: the dealer charged £15 to remove it before it went onto the test lane :unamused:

you wouldnt be allowed it on our firm…weve all received a letter telling every driver to take out of the windscreen :nameboards, decals, toys, the curtains should be tied back and its a vosa request so weve been told…so be warned…the big bogeymans out to get ya… :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sure most people would recognise the truck as a Scania without the sticker,why bother ?

Deathstar:
I’m sure most people would recognise the truck as a Scania without the sticker,why bother ?

I was thinking the same, there was a bloke near us, used to take the manufacturers badges off any vehicle he bought.

He reckons if they want to advertise on his car, they have to pay him :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you at least I have got the templates if I decide to manufacture Scania Graphics :wink:

164480:
can anyone tell me if i get one of these & vosa pull me,will they ask me to remove it.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … K:MEWAX:IT

andy.

VOSA FPN -
View to the road ahead
View impaired or excessively tinted £30 fine
Glass seriously damaged £60 fine
No points or endorsements

last company i worked for all there trucks had the ireland ones in the window used to get stopped every other day by vosa with no problems but im guessing now they can do on the spot fines they might see you as an easy target :unamused:

got a reply today.
Dear Andy,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry dated 24th June 2010, concerning windscreen graphics.

Unfortunately, we are unable to access the ebay site so I am unable to look at the item in question.

However, for information on the legality of windscreen graphics, you will need to address your enquiry to the Department for Transport, as they deal with the Construction and Use Regulations and Road Law.

The Department for Transport can be telephoned on 0300 330 3000, or you can visit their website at www.dft.gov.uk for further contact information.

In regards to the MOT test, there is a reason for rejection for additional opaque films fitted on the inside or outside of the windscreen. ‘Opaque’ films are defined as films that cannot be seen through from either side. If a car has a film that can be seen through one side and not the other, the MOT tester should pass & advise.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Robert Evans
VOSA Contact Centre
Operations Directorate
Tel: 0300 123 9000

Deathstar:

I always know when im driving one of our M A N’s as it written on the back of the breakdown van parked in front of me with it’s amber beacons flashing :laughing: :laughing:

@ 164480
should have sent them a pic instead of a ebay link.

Sadly I have a different unit every day, but if I had my own the ultimate decal would have to be a tinted strip with your name on the drives side and the word “victim” on the passenger side. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: