stobert

hallo lads this is my first post i was just wondering what you think of mr stobert coming into ireland

would they be StobArt
if TDG cant make money then fair play to steady Eddie for giving it a go
there by saving some jobs

any how hes been going there for years

any other haulier could have taken TDG (Ireland) but didnt
so youve got Stobarts

i heard its a conspiracy to get Eire back in the British Commonwealth :unamused:

He’s taken all the good jobs he can over here so now he’s looking further afield.

David0276:
hallo lads this is my first post i was just wondering what you think of mr stobert coming into ireland

I heard Stobbards was after it too :stuck_out_tongue:

i know a lad that went to work for him in dublin he lasted 6 weeks they pay the minmun wage the transport supervisors havent a clue and there is a high turnover of staff

Does he employ Irish firemen

I heard 2 Stobart units were found burnt out, nothing on google as of yet but there will be if TRUE… Big NO NO taking Irishmens work, he’l get hunted out id say.

Maybe he will move lock,stock and barrel to up here in the North :question:
I heard a rumour that last year Stobart put an offer in of around 28 millionk for McBurneys whole operation and Norman told them to “sling their hook” :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

as i posted Stobbies took over TDG Ireland
dont think TDG are Irish company

scottishcruiser:
Big NO NO taking Irishmens work, he’l get hunted out id say.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just a thought, but…the DRIVERS are out there to earn a living! In an ideal world we would all be working for a blue chip company on £5000 per week but we’re not!!! Love it or hate it we work for the BEST COMPANY AT THE TIME!

Most companies will undercut or do any type of thing they can to get the business, we are in a recession to say the least. My mate has his own haulage company and admits that it’s dog eat dog. He’s not a big player but will do whatever to stay afloat…he’s doing very well.

His drivers have no qualms either simply because he pays wages and that’s why people work. I would work for anyone on that simple basis.

Just a thought, but…the DRIVERS are out there to earn a living! In an ideal world we would all be working for a blue chip company on £5000 per week but we’re not!!! Love it or hate it we work for the BEST COMPANY AT THE TIME!

the thing is stobart is not a good company to work for ,how can a company advertise jobs for professional drivers and include in the same sentence a competive rate of pay.(which in ireland is 8.65 which is the minimun wage).

so lets take the min wage into context its for unskilled people(mainly starting out in the work force) and stobart is paying that here in ireland is that what he thinks of drivers unskilled people.

ra dar:

the thing is stobart is not a good company to work for ,how can a company advertise jobs for professional drivers and include in the same sentence a competive rate of pay.(which in ireland is 8.65 which is the minimun wage).

so lets take the min wage into context its for unskilled people(mainly starting out in the work force) and stobart is paying that here in ireland is that what he thinks of drivers unskilled people.

THE STOBART WAY-start low and see what they can get away with :unamused:

and i spose thats € not £s

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ~ Same old same old…love them or hate them Stobarts offer a decent wage for a decent weeks work. I work 63 hours average and take home over £500 pw. That pays all my bills and I have some left - no other company in my area can offer me that, what would you do??

I’m not under pressure, I don’t get phone calls and I do the job I’m paid for life couldn’t be better really. I prefer the tramping life because I get more rest than a day driver.

I’m living the Stobart dream :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Rick B:
:roll: :unamused: :unamused: ~ Same old same old…love them or hate them Stobarts offer a decent wage for a decent weeks work. I work 63 hours average and take home over £500 pw. That pays all my bills and I have some left - no other company in my area can offer me that, what would you do??

I’m not under pressure, I don’t get phone calls and I do the job I’m paid for life couldn’t be better really. I prefer the tramping life because I get more rest than a day driver.

I’m living the Stobart dream :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:[/quote

sounds like eutopia,but then id think mon-fri without ■■■, no thanks,

Rick B:

sad git

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ive read it all now.

scottishcruiser:
I heard 2 Stobart units were found burnt out, nothing on google as of yet but there will be if TRUE… Big NO NO taking Irishmens work, he’l get hunted out id say.

Was that done by the same people who supposedly burnt out 2 Willi Betz trucks in Ireland?! Both a bit of a myth I’d say.

i doubt it’s a myth if not it will happen . long time since went over but have family over there and forign plates dont go down to well especialy 5-10years ago in belfast , had to go into all local pubs with family and explain that it was mine , thought bit odd but family told me atleast that way would still be there in the morning :laughing:

ady1:

Rick B:
:roll: :unamused: :unamused: ~ Same old same old…love them or hate them Stobarts offer a decent wage for a decent weeks work. I work 63 hours average and take home over £500 pw. That pays all my bills and I have some left - no other company in my area can offer me that, what would you do??

[/quote

sounds like eutopia,but then id think mon-fri without ■■■, no thanks,

if i did them sort of hours i would be getting 900 euro a week and your getting £500 is that including the meal allowance?
the only way he will hold on to drivers in ireland will be by employing lucas&co from the eastern country,s