stobert

psv8:
i doubt it’s a myth if not it will happen . long time since went over but have family over there and forign plates dont go down to well especialy 5-10years ago in belfast , had to go into all local pubs with family and explain that it was mine , thought bit odd but family told me atleast that way would still be there in the morning :laughing:

Hes put around 20 ish on irish plates based in Dublin

he brought them over from the uk and got them re reged here

On Tuesday there lunch time I saw an English reg Stobart Scania and tautliner just off the Dunsilly roundabout Antrim pointing towards the town. Would imagine heading for the Tesco RDC. Seen the odd trailer pulled by local subbies over the last year and a couple of “Stobart Ireland” TDG yokes, but this was the 1st English reg unit and trailer. It’ll put the wind up the local boys anyway :laughing:

Rick B:
:roll: :unamused: :unamused: ~ Same old same old…love them or hate them Stobarts offer a decent wage for a decent weeks work. I work 63 hours average and take home over £500 pw. That pays all my bills and I have some left - no other company in my area can offer me that, what would you do??

I’m not under pressure, I don’t get phone calls and I do the job I’m paid for life couldn’t be better really. I prefer the tramping life because I get more rest than a day driver.

I’m living the Stobart dream :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Lets say then you take home £530 & work 65 hours. That’s just £8.15 an hour.

I’ve just spent 2 days with an English guy in Detroit USA. He’s buying, refurbishing & selling houses. Rents out 200 of his own (bought for under £5,000 a piece) & sells about 100 a month at £3,500 profit a piece. I reckon he’s making about £430,000 a month.

I’m beginning to think truck driving is a mug’s game, as much as i (sometimes) enjoy it.

ra dar:
Just a thought, but…the DRIVERS are out there to earn a living! In an ideal world we would all be working for a blue chip company on £5000 per week but we’re not!!! Love it or hate it we work for the BEST COMPANY AT THE TIME!

the thing is stobart is not a good company to work for ,how can a company advertise jobs for professional drivers and include in the same sentence a competive rate of pay.(which in ireland is 8.65 which is the minimun wage).

so lets take the min wage into context its for unskilled people(mainly starting out in the work force) and stobart is paying that here in ireland is that what he thinks of drivers unskilled people.

so what you do is do a early shift 8.10 p.h+1.20 p.h[meal allowance]+0.50 p.h ops bonus which comes to 9.80 p.h,then you do 42.5 hrs p.w [you have to that to get the 50 hrs gar] and then your on 11.52 p.h . :wink: .its cetainly no dream world but it is with a bit of thought possible to turn it into a half decent hourly rate.
dont know how long its possible to get away with doing 42.5 hrs as there not keen on paying 10 hrs for 8.5 hrs work :wink:.

jessicas dad:

Rick B:

sad git

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ive read it all now.

■■■■■■■■■ to you :imp:

ra dar:
if i did them sort of hours i would be getting 900 euro a week and your getting £500 is that including the meal allowance?
the only way he will hold on to drivers in ireland will be by employing lucas&co from the eastern country,s

I can’t comment on Ireland wages only my own. It’s about £530pw (depends on the start and finish times cus there are different rates - Sat as well) All including meal allowance and night out money.

For my area - that is very good. I get fed up with people slagging Stobarts off when they don’t REALLY know. If you do the job you’re paid for then no problem, if you are lazy and try to take the proverbial then you will have bad feelings cus they will be on your back — you know who you are!!!

I’m still living the dream and getting a regular income for a relatively easy life - doing the job I’m paid for!

Rick B:

jessicas dad:

Rick B:

sad git

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ive read it all now.

[zb] to you :imp:

but dont you think j.d,s got a point, dont get me wrong the jobs steady enough most of the time, moneys average, but DREAM JOB , no i cant see that, surely a dream job would be a ■■■■■ STAR, MARIA CAREYS WINDOW CLEANER etc,etc

psv8:
i doubt it’s a myth if not it will happen . long time since went over but have family over there and forign plates dont go down to well especialy 5-10years ago in belfast , had to go into all local pubs with family and explain that it was mine , thought bit odd but family told me atleast that way would still be there in the morning :laughing:

Huge amount of foreign trucks over there now, not a lot they can/or will do about it.

switchlogic:

psv8:

Huge amount of foreign trucks over there now, not a lot they can/or will do about it.

Don’t mention the hundreds of Eastern Europeans driving Irish trucks !! Thats probably not classed as ‘taking an Irishmans work’ !!!
You couldn’t make half these balm pots up !!!

as far as i know the Stobart drivers in ireland won’t need night heaters.
BBQ time is not to far off.
i’ve been stopped myself in larne, i was told not to pull a stobart trailer in ireland, i explained about it being made into a flat bed, as it was no longer a stobart trailer. so that was ok.

Eddie stobart has either got some bottle, or dosn’t give a [zb] about his drivers.
i wonder which one it is?

limeyphil:
i’ve been stopped myself in larne, i was told not to pull a stobart trailer in ireland, i explained about it being made into a flat bed, as it was no longer a stobart trailer. so that was ok.

Eddie stobart has either got some bottle, or dosn’t give a [zb] about his drivers.

i say its the drivers after all he is paying them the minimun wage

limeyphil:

Its just not gonna happen, they talk a lot over there but see sense in the end and don’t resort to action. The amount of people who despise Seamus Nolan for instance, yet he still goes about his business and still runs the biggest transport company in Ireland.

ra dar:

limeyphil:

i say its the drivers after all he is paying them the minimun wage

Isn’t it 30 bob an hour above the minimum wage?

no wheel nut its actually the minimun wage he is paying in ireland e.g shop assistant 17 yrs old hourly rate 8.65 stobart class 1 profesional driver= 8.65 an hour

Was told by a Tesco manager today at their RDC in Belfast that Stobarts have taken the Coca-cola contract off Mulgrew Haulage :exclamation: :open_mouth:
Theres maybe going to be alot of red/green/white trucks around Lisburn and up/down the A1/M1 to Dublin and back :exclamation: :neutral_face:
They are bound to open a depot here in NI if thats true :question:

When I was actually doing some work back in October, I did start noticing a few Stobart trailers out on the M1 also being pulled by Stobart lorries. This probably explains it better. There were agency jobs going a while back offering c. €16 p/h working 4 x 12 for Tesco, but I’ve heard those rates have been chopped downwards, by quite a margin.

Shows how far you can get bending the rules errr err firemen say no more say no more a nods asa good as a wink to a blind person …if the cap fits

at the end of the day chaps stobart is stobart and love or hate them they are here to stay,i have my own gripes as to how i was treated but i enjoyed the job and in yorkshire anyway you will struggle to beat there wages,im now working the same hours at another firm who pay 80 pence more on flat hourley rate and im about 40 quid short on average to what i got at stobbies,meal allowance and ops bonus do bump up your wage if you work for then in england,

they are looking for drivers in dublin the 1st closing date for apps was 14th nov that changed to 29th nov now its the 20th dec he is also in the process or has taken over tosco rdc in dublin.
the problem is the tosco drivers are on double the rate of pay that he pays a so called pro driver in dublin(min wage) are going be TUPE over to stobart. so you will have lads doing the same work one for the min wage and the other for a decent wage cant see stobart agreeing to that.
there is all ready running battles between the drivers/planners&mgmt in dublin the lads are not happy campers speaking from life experience treat your staff like [zb] they wont look out for you they wont go that extra mile and companies like that have a very high turnover of staff.