Stobart strike 2 ireland

this prob should be in the green machine thread but here is what is about to happen again over in ireland… please move if im posting it in the wrong place… AND before people start goin on ohh not again yada yada another stobart title… it says stobart in the title so why click on it and read then moan at me for posting… this is a truckers forum about trucks and this is trucks related thejournal.ie/eddie-stobart- … 8-Mar2012/

i can’t understand some drivers. they take a job, they know the way they opperate, then say they don’t like it.
why don’t they just move on to something else? lazy sods, the more you give them, the more they want.

Another person talking bull if you worked for STOBARTS you would not have posted such rubbish.The facts are that when Stobart took over here in Ireland the lads where given a LOAD of bull at the inductions and where given false promises.These are men just looking for a decent standard of living and for a bit of respect.Im sure that you look for the same in your work. As you should be aware we are in a recession here so the lads cant just go out and get another job but if conditions dont improve here in stobarts when the economy picks up stobarts will be deserted like a sinking ship

That’s just it, like I’ve said all through the recession. People will desert these bad firms when things pick up. Just sit back, take the ■■■■, work to rule if you have to, when things pick up, do one. I hope a few of these dodgy firms disappear when the job picks up :smiling_imp:

demented.driver:
Another person talking bull if you worked for STOBARTS you would not have posted such rubbish.The facts are that when Stobart took over here in Ireland the lads where given a LOAD of bull at the inductions and where given false promises.These are men just looking for a decent standard of living and for a bit of respect.Im sure that you look for the same in your work. As you should be aware we are in a recession here so the lads cant just go out and get another job but if conditions dont improve here in stobarts when the economy picks up stobarts will be deserted like a sinking ship

i can’t understand why you see my post as bull?
if it’s so bad you leave.
i worked for a firm that gave me a decent wage on the phone. when i got paid, it was crap, so i left.
i have employed people in the past, and most will take the [zb] whenever they can. if they find a reason not to work, then they’ll that’s what they’ll do.

limeyphil:
i can’t understand some drivers. they take a job, they know the way they opperate, then say they don’t like it.
why don’t they just move on to something else? lazy sods, the more you give them, the more they want.

I hate this mentality. Why the hell should I leave a job instead of trying to make it better? If it’s better for the drivers it’s better for the firm as they will have a happier workforce and better staff retention.
As for, “just moving on to something else,” good luck with jumping ship every time you don’t like a job. I’ve never been out of work since I passed but that’s mostly luck, you can’t just wander around picking where you want to work.

demented.driver:

i feel for you,i was always quite happy doing days,a-b-a,15 hrs,now they expect me to do tramping,a-b-c-d-e f-zb g-a,all in 10 hrs,if i wasnt so exhausted id go on strike as well :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

MikeCunn:

limeyphil:

I hate this mentality. Why the hell should I leave a job instead of trying to make it better? If it’s better for the drivers it’s better for the firm as they will have a happier workforce and better staff retention.
As for, “just moving on to something else,” good luck with jumping ship every time you don’t like a job. I’ve never been out of work since I passed but that’s mostly luck, you can’t just wander around picking where you want to work.

what makes you think limeyphil works??

Limeyphil doesnt know what hes talking about.
Two instances of personal friends of mine(ie,NOT, I heard through my grannys sister).
One man with 30 years experience of driving sitting in yard having his break.Supervisor comes over tells him to remove his feet from dashboard(unshod).Driver says no,Im on my break,relaxing.Fired the following day by couriered letter. Another man,employed as shunter for the last 5/7 years(through Tesco),came in for the start of his shift,tld hesgoing down the country.No lunch with him,no washbag,sleeping gear etc.,row ensued day later letter re his disciplinary!
Other stories I have heard of(albeit not first hand)SACKED for puncturing a trailer.SACKED for pulling a trailer off a bay when on a red light(after checking it was safe)(but going immediately to transport office to report it).
When finished their shift,drivers are classed as starting their 9 hour break,having no regard where they live,and,getting a call halfway or sometimes more, into this break to tell them what time their next shift will start at.
While I accept that rules are there for everyone,I don`t think Stobarts in the UK are run as a concentration camp,with little dictators running it.Or is it?
The sooner this blight is ran out of this country the better.
I, for one, will be showing my support today.

All sound like grounds for instant dismissal to me

whiplash:
While I accept that rules are there for everyone,I don`t think Stobarts in the UK are run as a concentration camp,with little dictators running it.Or is it?
The sooner this blight is ran out of this country the better.
I, for one, will be showing my support today.

Oh it is! :grimacing: but these experienced drivers, ■■■■ them no- mark planners and managers off! :sunglasses: :laughing: ! You can take a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink it! :grimacing: as I tell them Richard heads in the office, I have the keys to the Swedish loveshack! :wink: it will get there when I do! :grimacing: they don’t understand that one! :bulb: :unamused: wonder when the English lads are coming to invade Dublin again! Lol :smiley:

There is no doubt there is trouble here in Eire with eejits that can neither plan transport nor run it.
I believe one English lad who has been here a while has either given up or has been recalled back to an easier job in England, probably doing the gardens or something.
The main chap who is called a director, I wont name him! God alone knows where they found him he must be a friend of Tinkler’s as his background is in building … HELLO, this is a logistics operation, primarily Tesco.
Just shows, Stobart must’ve thought Tesco’s existing staff could run the show & the import / export too.
WRONG!!! They couldn’t run a bath!