Stobart into Ireland

http://eddiestobart.co.uk/News/News_Article.php?id=55
I`d heard a rumour that stobart had bought Tdg Ireland out. I wonder if this means its true?

Oh it’s true alright!!! As form the 1st April TDG Ireland has become Stobart Ireland. I’m a subbie with TDG, has any1 any views on what the future holds for us subbies?? What has happened in the past when Stobart moved in? :open_mouth:

has he got any irish firmen working part time for him then.or was it full time

:question: :question:
You lost me fuse?

he had firmen working part time ,his own drivers reported the to miinistry because they were fidling tacho,s or something they got done and i will not let it drop,

ando:
Oh it’s true alright!!! As form the 1st April TDG Ireland has become Stobart Ireland. I’m a subbie with TDG, has any1 any views on what the future holds for us subbies?? What has happened in the past when Stobart moved in? :open_mouth:

Over here Stobart has lots of subbies. Some trucks even in Stobart livery are subbies, so it may (hopefully) not all be bad news for you.

Met a P J O’Cane pulling a Stobart trailer the other day on the A75

scott:

He was probably delivering it as sdc in toome build stobarts trailers.
ps its o’kane with a k :blush:

JB:
:?: :question:
You lost me fuse?

I think he means Firemen jb , Stobart`s use off duty firemen to do some driving or so the story goes :question: :question:

scott:

it could have been me.
i sometimes collect stobart trailers for sdc then fill them with axles. the trailers are usually made into flatbeds. but i wouldn’t want to drive a stobart unit in ireland. i don’t want to become charcoal.

fuse:
he had firmen working part time ,his own drivers reported the to miinistry because they were fidling tacho,s or something they got done and i will not let it drop,

Is there a problem with firefighters (or anyone else for that matter) doing some partime driving work to make ends meet?

Or is it the ALLEGED fiddling of tachos that has upset you?

bullitt:

fuse:

Is there a problem with firefighters (or anyone else for that matter) doing some partime driving work to make ends meet?

Or is it the ALLEGED fiddling of tachos that has upset you?

I thought it was problems of not getting enough weekly rest - allegedly :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

it was two firemen who got their collars felt for not having enough weekly rest. but they could have said that they did’nt have another job. they should have kept their mouths shut. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
it was two firemen who got their collars felt for not having enough weekly rest. …:

AH HA!!!..well, what can one say, hang draw and quater them!!..shocking!!!

No wonder Mr Fuse has, um…er…blown a “FUSE”!! :laughing:

don’t get me wrong i don’t have a problem with it. i think everyone should be able to work as much as they want. no tachos, no limiters, no rules, BLISS.

Well, if they were wholetime (fulltime) firefighters and ended up getting nicked and done for such an offence then they could well be “ex” firefighters now!!

Having secondary employment is one thing but getting caught breaking the law whilst carrying out that secondary employment means BIG BIG trouble!!

No firefighter would willingly and knowingly break the law and jepodise his career.

Maybe they were retained firefighters, things would be a bit different then!!

Anyway…back to Stobbies in Ireland!! :wink: :wink:

Does anybody think its a bad thing Stobart in Ireland< there is worse companies than stobart

I hope not,i’ve never been to Ireland if i’m asked to go i will.
In the short term nothing will change.

your right jase nothing will change in the short time, just have to see what happens.

sandcross:
Does anybody think its a bad thing Stobart in Ireland< there is worse companies than stobart

They are the last big haulier to arrive as far as i know.