Severn Crossing - Justification please!

I went over said crossing yesterday, and unfortunately was heading into Wales.

As I came from Avonmouth, I couldn’t believe the price on the boards…

3.5 TON UPWARDS, £16.40 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ok, its the sort of price you’d expect for a 44 tonner, but for a poxy 3.5■■?

How can they justify that. Ok I was in a 26t but thats not the point. Also, has the Humber bridge stopped the “third axle lift” trick?, because the Tamer Bridge has. I came over that yesterday also, and duly lifted the back axle only to be told that it would be £6 as I had 3 axles as opposed to £3.70 for 2 axles.

Thing is, I was empty for christ sake, but had to go that way for a collection otherwise it would have been the A30 for me.

GREED GREED GREED !!!

Yeah its dear but you gotta look on the bright side…its free coming back into England :slight_smile:

well if you want to come into gods country you have to pay the price, and its free going back to encourage english immigrants to go back! :smiley:
imagine if they did that at dover!

wood73:
well if you want to come into gods country you have to pay the price, and its free going back to encourage english immigrants to go back! :smiley:

couldnt of put it better myself and who would want to pay go into that ■■■■-hole they call england,if you look close enough you will see all the birds flying upside down the other side of the severn,as they have seen theres enough crap there already!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

wood73:
well if you want to come into gods country…

I agree that Wales is a very beautiful place, and that there is sod all in England to warrant paying for, BUT if you are on speaking terms with God, can you please ask him to teach the car drivers to pay attention to indicators and also use thier own :laughing:

Darby Flyer:

wood73:
well if you want to come into gods country…

I agree that Wales is a very beautiful place, and that there is sod all in England to warrant paying for, BUT if you are on speaking terms with God, can you please ask him to teach the car drivers to pay attention to indicators and also use thier own :laughing:

Even god can’t help them with indicators, you just help the helpless!

We let the french build the new bridge then allowed them to operate it along with the old one, if i choose to take my car to work it costs me £30 a week. Also it has had an adverse effect on transport jobs in south east wales, land is cheaper in wales and labor costs lower, Newhouse farm at Chepstow is deserted and the Euro Park at Magor near Newport has only two depots. All the major logistics companies and RDC’s are now being built at Avonmouth despite the fact that it is a pig to get to with no exit off the M49.

It will get even worse for Wales soon when the new administration starts cutting funding to the Welsh orgs, they will up the price on the bridges so high it will be cheaper to go Chepstow way, VOSA (Welsh division) will be handing out penalty notices for dead flies on the screen and the list will go on and on. Wales - sorry mate were shut!

I would gladly pay to leave that skank hole of a country called England :laughing:

Without England both you countries would be ■■■■■■ :wink:

We all know that England is the toilet of Britian :smiling_imp:

Darby Flyer:

A 3.5t van is £10.90

Big Brummie Macca:
Without England both you countries would be [zb] :wink:

well said couldnt agree more :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve-o:

If Scotland is so great why are all jocks bitter angry little men :stuck_out_tongue:

Big Brummie Macca:

Steve-o:

If Scotland is so great why are all jocks bitter angry little men :stuck_out_tongue:

If Scotland is so great why does half the Scotish population live in England ? :unamused: :unamused:

john_costigan:

Darby Flyer:

A 3.5t van is £10.90

yes, but over 3.5t ( as the OP said) is £16.40 !!!

or £13.96 without the VAT :wink:

Whats Scotland got to do with this our bridges are all free because we all complained like angry little men. :smiley:

Sure norbert densetrangle(lol) have a place just over the bridge and its the only time I used it, had to stop to check I was getting my money back as I was that shocked at the price.

Could fly to wales cheaper.

but of that £16.40 ,£10 of it pays for your voucher for “a welsh experience” you redeem the voucher in the field just after the bridge with sheep in it… :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: so i’ve heard anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

Cruise Control:
but of that £16.40 ,£10 of it pays for your voucher for “a welsh experience” you redeem the voucher in the field just after the bridge with sheep in it… :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: so i’ve heard anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

it beats going home to a fat ugly wife and sticking it in the same hole you have poked for the last 20 years tho hey!!

we ■■■■ it then you eat it…and you think the white bits on your lamb shank is grisel :wink: :wink: enjoy your meal :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I get really frustrated, I can only get a semi around sheep because Im only half welsh :wink: