From 1st January the Severn Bridge tolls will be increased to

Cars £6.00 up 30p

Small goods £12.10 up 60p

Heavies £18.10 up 90p

Get your wallets out

FM

£18.10 to drive over a bridge.

Daylight Robbery.

Is there a toll on the old severn crossing and how much further is it distance-wise to use that one?

the old bridge toll is exacily the same amount just a better veiw

Except when its windy,they shut it then !!!

id you know you go over free if your disabled so any of yiou with a blue badge take it with you the truck goes over for free !!!

never mind. you can always go round it via ross, or under it when it’s icy.

rob22888:
£18.10 to drive over a bridge.

Daylight Robbery.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you need to get your ■■■ over here mate … $65.00 on the George Washington Bridge … ONE WAY !

Well,thats the George Washington,isn’t it? think what that Man for your Country.For that you can pay that little bit more.

Pat Hasler:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you need to get your ■■■ over here mate … $65.00 on the George Washington Bridge … ONE WAY !

Yeah, well that’s America innit? Everything’s bigger over there! :wink:

Copenhagen to Malmo on the Oresund bridge is €79, each way!

From what I understand both bridges come back into public ownership in 2014, until that time the current owners will no doubt squeeze every last penny out of it.

Both bridges take on average 6 million pounds a month, the running costs of both costs 12 million a year. The useless shower that are the Welsh Assembly Government seem oblivious to the fact that these tolls put South Wales at distinct economic disadvantage. One look around the Newhouse Farm Industrial Estate near Chepstow will tell you this,it can only be a matter of time before Asda (the only one left) will be joining everyone else over at Avonmouth.

On the plus side motorbikes are free, and as the wife doesn’t know one end of a bike to the other it allows me to ride a sportsbike when I am old enough to know better. :smiley: :smiley:

mike68:
From what I understand both bridges come back into public ownership in 2014, until that time the current owners will no doubt squeeze every last penny out of it.

delayed until 2018 ( at least)

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales … -27301436/

Lovlyperson:
Well,thats the George Washington,isn’t it? think what that Man for your Country.For that you can pay that little bit more.

OK … get this then. If you want to go from the NJ/DE line to Long Island you have 90 odd miles on NJ turnpike, GW Bridge and the the Frogs kneck or Whitestone brige total tolls amount to about $200.00 then the return trip.

They are getting closer and closer to shooting themselves in the foot, it will eventually be cheaper to take the other route.
■■■■ knows how they can charge the same to drive on the old crossing :confused: it is rough as ■■■■.