Red diesel cards between durham and edingburgh

is there anywhere thats decent to get into in a artic towards the top of the A1 that takes red cards?

Mr B:
is there anywhere thats decent to get into in a artic towards the top of the A1 that takes red cards?

This may help

redfuelcards.co.uk/documents … y_2008.pdf

Mr B:

don’t know that area, but there’s a site locator at redfuelcards.com/sitelocator2.asp?st=1,2,3

and a downloadable directory at redfuelcards.com/red1631.aspx

and to complete the package there’s tomtom maps at redfuelcards.com/red230.aspx

here we go its the best before Edinburgh.

Full-screen SiteInfo
Red MORPETH
STANNINGTON SERVICES
A1 NORTH ROAD
STANNINGTON
MORPETH
TYNE & WEAR
NE61 6ED
Telephone:
01670 789386

not sure jd,but we used to be on them,and im sure purdy lodge takes them.bout 20 mins south of berwick,access no problem.

buck73:
not sure jd,but we used to be on them,and im sure purdy lodge takes them.bout 20 mins south of berwick,access no problem.

i was just going by site locations map.

jessicas dad:

buck73:

i was just going by site locations map.

sorry jd,wasnt having a go mate,i thought you posted the topic.sorry,my mistake.
yeh your right stannington do take them.
note to buck,read author before posting numpty!!.

jessicas dad:
here we go its the best before Edinburgh.

Full-screen SiteInfo
Red MORPETH
STANNINGTON SERVICES
A1 NORTH ROAD
STANNINGTON
MORPETH
TYNE & WEAR
NE61 6ED
Telephone:
01670 789386

I see they’ve moved the county border again.Last I knew,Morpeth was in Northumberland. :wink:

Ken.

buck73:
sorry jd,wasnt having a go mate,i thought you posted the topic.sorry,my mistake.
yeh your right stannington do take them.
note to buck,read author before posting numpty!!.

i dont know what your on about i didnt take any offence from your post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont know what your on about i didnt take any offence from your post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
good!! :smiley: :smiley:

I take it your coming from Bradford, the closest would be Barton Services which is just on the border of Durham but anyway it’s on the A1.
Think it’s just before junction 56 you come off, right hand lane round under the bridge and third on your left. Carry on about 100 yards and the place is on your right.

You may even want to put the address in your satnav, Red Scotch Corner
Barton Lorry Park
Barton
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL 10 6NF
01325 377777

NikNik:
I take it your coming from Bradford, the closest would be Barton Services which is just on the border of Durham but anyway it’s on the A1.
Think it’s just before junction 56 you come off, right hand lane round under the bridge and third on your left. Carry on about 100 yards and the place is on your right.

You may even want to put the address in your satnav, Red Scotch Corner
Barton Lorry Park
Barton
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL 10 6NF
01325 377777

no. normally i can make there and back easily on a tank of fuel but last week i went both ways heavy and the fuel situation was looking bleak so i had to come back via m74 becase i knew where i could refuel. i would’ve prefered to come back on the A1.

Mr B:
no. normally i can make there and back easily on a tank of fuel but last week i went both ways heavy and the fuel situation was looking bleak so i had to come back via m74 becase i knew where i could refuel. i would’ve prefered to come back on the A1.

i was thinking yesterday why you had come back on the M74 but that explains it.

jessicas dad:

Mr B:

i was thinking yesterday why you had come back on the M74 but that explains it.

I could’ve gone off route to refuel but i’d have been short of driving time and I knew I could refuel at happendon. I think it was only 20 miles further. In future I’ll try the purdy lodge.

It seems that Granthouse does it too and you may even get a bar of chocolate :smiley:

I don’t know if Tursdale service station do cherry, most wagons do stop ther so I presume they may do it. I can find out if they do soon enough as I should be over that way soon.

Wheel Nut:
It seems that Granthouse does it too and you may even get a bar of chocolate :smiley:

is there a filling station at grantshouse? i stopped at the cedar cafe on thursady and never saw it

Mr B:

Wheel Nut:

is there a filling station at grantshouse? i stopped at the cedar cafe on thursady and never saw it

It is still in the keyfuels / red book, I used it for over 20 years and would be sad to see it gone.

Wheel Nut:

Showing your age there mind. Haven’t got a choccy bar when you filed up since the Old Man retired but the filing stations closed now I’m afraid! :confused: :open_mouth:

It used to be in the village itself, not by the Cedar Cafe and you could park on the road or by the side of the garage and get a pint & a meal in the Grantshouse Hotel! Oh happy days! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Oh and going North from Newcastle, Keyfuels/ReD can be used at Stannington (limited parking avaiable at rear), theres a BP (with cafe, parking for 1 or 2 trucks) at Alnwick but not Keyfuels, Purdy Lodge (parking & cafe) and Trenent (1 mile of A1 to left) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

zebadee:

Wheel Nut:

Showing your age there mind. Haven’t got a choccy bar when you filed up since the Old Man retired but the filing stations closed now I’m afraid! :confused: :open_mouth:

It used to be in the village itself, not by the Cedar Cafe and you could park on the road or by the side of the garage and get a pint & a meal in the Grantshouse Hotel! Oh happy days! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Oh and going North from Newcastle, Keyfuels/ReD can be used at Stannington (limited parking avaiable at rear), theres a BP (with cafe, parking for 1 or 2 trucks) at Alnwick but not Keyfuels, Purdy Lodge (parking & cafe) and Trenent (1 mile of A1 to left) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What a shame. They also owned the post office across the road and they have been known to open up the garage in an emergency or at luncthime.

Red Fuels still list it as K35

3D Garages
Grantshouse
Berwickshire
TD11 3RD
Tel: 01361 850206
Open Mon-Fri 0600-2100
Sun 0700-2100
On A1 Opposite Junction Of
A6112.
Brand: Thames

As for the Grantshouse hotel, a friend of mine from school, married a local and was working as a bar maid :stuck_out_tongue: We had some laughs up there.

Here is a picture of the old garage.