Overnight parking Morpeth

does anyone know of anywhere to park in or near to morpeth in the north east?

There is a truckstop called Purdy Lodge somewhere up that way, but I think it’s nearer
Berwick than Morpeth. It’s right by the roadside and impossible to miss.

cheers, but i think that one is a bit too far to go.

Your best bet is to stop abit earlyer and go into cramlingon or bedlington. Cramlington is full of industrial estates so plenty of space and maybe some other truckers, not much in the way of shops (within walking distance) though. If you come into bedlington, theres a big car park (may find one or to trucks in,but plenty of space) behind the main street, infront of the police station. Two mins walk from shops and pubs. Let me know if you need some directions.

There is also parking at Staniting just behind the jet garage on the A1

IIRC you could park in Morpeth there is also an industrial est there ( Copiers lane )

Where abouts are you going :question:

As there is also a small industrial est at Pegswood just outside on the A197

Iv heard recently the garage at stanington arnt that keen on people staying there over night, probably cause of space. But you can get a good curry their.

i asked at a pub , the sun inn, but they said no, he did say the car park by the library would be ok as i’m unit only (managed to leave trailer on site) but obviously its a bit early and its full of cars, so I guess i’ll just have to hang around until it empties.
cheers for the replies guys.

Newcastle-Paul:
Iv heard recently the garage at stanington arnt that keen on people staying there over night, probably cause of space. But you can get a good curry their.

There are a few limited spaces there but not many it does fill up quite quick as well

wood73:
i asked at a pub , the sun inn, but they said no, he did say the car park by the library would be ok as i’m unit only (managed to leave trailer on site) but obviously its a bit early and its full of cars, so I guess i’ll just have to hang around until it empties.
cheers for the replies guys.

Yep there is parking there but like you say it will be quite busy due to shoppers etc

I no where you mean. Quite a busy place, hope your haveing a early start, so you dont get blocked in, in the morning.lol.il be comeing back down that way in a couple of hours.

Newcastle-Paul:
I no where you mean. Quite a busy place, hope your haveing a early start, so you dont get blocked in, in the morning.lol.il be comeing back down that way in a couple of hours.

when the carpark empties enough to actually park up, i’ll park in such a way I can get straight out,not going until about 7.45.
i’ve already got my eye on the spot.

wish they’d sodding hurry up though, cant wait to go up town and get some food!

could of easily been parked up in bedlington by now.lol

parked now finally!
its like a mass exodus here all of a sudden, never seen so many cars trying to get out of a small car park all at once.

Newcastle-Paul:
could of easily been parked up in bedlington by now.lol

Or Copiers Lane ind est which is even closer bit of a walk up the hill afterwards but and there are much closer places than Bedlington

you must be the yellow and green daf? anyway, happy camping.lol

Newcastle-Paul:
you must be the yellow and green daf? anyway, happy camping.lol

thats me mate, you should’ve stopped by to say hello!

I would of but i just wanted to park up and go home. But let me know if you stop round here again.

Don’t park in ANY lay-bys! :exclamation: (A1, A19, A189 (spine road))

Diesel thefts are rife around here. :imp:

Try and park in or around civilisation