Truckstop near Edingburgh

Anyone on here let me know what the Truckstop up near Edingburgh that takes SNAP cards is like? Got a 6am Monday Grangemouth so was either going to stay there Sunday night or just stay at Carlisle Truckstop.

If its the one im thinking off theres no food just a shower and toilet think its £20 to park wouldnt bother. Theres riggend truckstop near airdrie which is a good one not sure about sundays though. If your coming up the a1 then musselburgh services is free but no shower. Not great for truckstops in that area really.

Why not stop at harthill, its free and closer to Edinburgh than carlisle, not sure how secure it is though.

has got to take snap card you got red moss near Abington or lorry park in gmouth just a car park loory park at night near town centre weatherspoons nearby banks and pubs food all near never had any probs there

Dont go near harthill if you like trailer curtains cut its one of the worst,
If going to grangemouth there is a industrial estate near falkirk stadium and asda distrubition centre mcdonalds 2 mins walk away

you could try the crawford arms truck stop,it takes snap,been there a few times,and had no probs,good feed and a bar too.The Crawford Arms Hotel
111 Carlisle Rd, Crawford, Biggar ML12 6TP ‎
01864 502267

Excellent place to stop

alan1972:
Dont go near harthill if you like trailer curtains cut its one of the worst,
If going to grangemouth there is a industrial estate near falkirk stadium and asda distrubition centre mcdonalds 2 mins walk away

I know of them mate but I need secure parking so I don’t want to risk it. Used to backload pallets out of Chep up there so know the area.

hoakster:
you could try the crawford arms truck stop,it takes snap,been there a few times,and had no probs,good feed and a bar too.The Crawford Arms Hotel
111 Carlisle Rd, Crawford, Biggar ML12 6TP ‎
01864 502267

They still do parking and a 3 coarse meal for a Tenner?

Leith used to be the place to stay in Edinburgh.

Are you doing other work before this run■■?

If I paid a driver to work sunday I would him to get further than Carlisle from Barnsley.

I would go up to bothwell at least.

Think Crawford’s £15 now mate but still same deal. Red Moss is ok and although it’s not fenced there’s cctv. Ecclefechan is pretty secure but don’t know if the facilities are open sundays though. If so it’s pretty good.
Westway truck stop/parking in Glasgow ( over by Paisley) is top notch security but don’t know if they take snap. You could always bell them and ask though as security are there
24/7.

I parked an artic near the city centre.By a police station then five minute walk to the centre.
I could have parked on the industrial estate five miles out and got a bus in.
Where the Government have a head office there was a coach park on the hill and the security chap said no problems for a truck to park there too.At the top of that hill you could see the castle where the Queen stays on visits.
I stumbled on a bar with live music.A folk band with old fashioned instruments.Full.of tourists but good atomosphere.The choice of whiskeys to try was in the hundreds.
I walked for hours looking around.I knew the truck was in a safe place.Cctv on it too.Free parking.

If your able to get further then Carlisle

Crawford Arms Hotel
Crawford
Biggar
ML12 6TP

The Redmoss Hotel
by Crawfordjohn
Abington
ML12 6SX

Both off the M74 but depends if your going to take the A7 route to Edinborough, if you are then stay at Carlisle

Point the truck to Edinburgh city centre.Find a place to park as no restrictions on a Sunday night.Enjoy the nightlife.
Write down the street where the truck is parked.Some of us have forgotten where it wad left after a few Sherberts.!!

they dont take snap (none do in scotland i think) but they would be nearest to grangemouth
transportcafe.co.uk/glasgow_lorry_park.html

snapaccount.co.uk/map.asp

this may help

The Edinburgh Coach & Truck Park
Sir Harry Lauder Road
(near Freightliner Terminal)
Edinburgh

EH152QA

only one in scotland

mickyblue:
The Edinburgh Coach & Truck Park
Sir Harry Lauder Road
(near Freightliner Terminal)
Edinburgh

EH152QA

only one in scotland

that place is a dump and full off rats.

Parking used to be available off Morrison Street, Haymarket(?)
Quite handy for local eateries and pubs.
Is that all finished now?