Truck stop info need for the north

Hey people,
i was just wondering if you could name any overnite places to stop on or near the A1 between newcastle and edinbourgh and also up dundee way and any others you can think of.
Thanks dazz :open_mouth:

dundee has the industral estate on the left as you come into dundee,i believe there is a truckstop there too.

A1 n/b you could try purdy lodge(â– â– ?)

or try this

www.transportcafe.co.uk

The A1 is a bit bleak for stopping places So I normally use the 66 and up the 74. A bit more choice too.

I wouldnt feed my dog in Dundee Truckstop though.

hmm,i too had an evening meal there,felt a bit queasy after,hot n cold sweats,then un concious for 12nhalf hrs :open_mouth: late n a bit wobbly for nxt del!but im goin back 10yrs!

Just before you get to Dundee there is a cafe on the left supposed to be ok

bigandy:
dundee has the industral estate on the left as you come into dundee,i believe there is a truckstop there too.

A1 n/b you could try purdy lodge(â– â– ?)

I normally stop at
Oak Inn
Causey Park Bridge, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 3EL
It’s just above Morpeth on the single track, it’s right off the road, and really quiet, proper pub food, not cheap, but good.

or try this

www.transportcafe.co.uk

Birtley Truck stop?

Not quite Ncl though.

matchbox:
Birtley Truck stop?

Not quite Ncl though.

Long gone mate. Went down when Alconbury and Lymm had all their trouble, unfortunately it never recovered.

Oh Bugger!

Showed my inexperience there!

LOL!

Theres a few good stops between Newcastle and Edinburgh well 3 or 4 i can,t think of the names but 2 large cafes have ample parking, but last place heading north is a large layby on the right well off the road with a good cafe init good home cooking with a drinks licence near Grantshouse, after here northbound its pretty desperate.

Actual places, rather than just a layby and burg(l)er van, are pretty thin on the ground north of Newcastle.

Heading North there’s,
Purdy Lodge
Beal Services, which is a petrol station and pub with very limited parking.
Cedar Cafe

After those two there’s very little, other than MSA’s until you get to
Horseshoe Cafe, although there is the Dock Cafe on the river docks in Perth, with extremely limited parking.

And finally, in Dundee there’s
Dundee Truckstop

the burnside is at j5 of the m8
ive had some good nights in there
foods ok free meal with £10 parking ticket
bar
shower
bit bumpy in the lorry park though
last tues had live music, very good

why did nobody mention Berwick down by the harbour. Shower,until 2100, full range of food and pubs outside, only 5 minutes fromA1

bigdennis:
why did nobody mention Berwick down by the harbour. Shower,until 2100, full range of food and pubs outside, only 5 minutes fromA1

I always used to park at Scremerston and get a few pints but even that is tight to get into now

mezzzz1211:
bar
shower

Someone posted on the old cafes thread the other week that the burnside had shut.When i was on the road i had many a good night myself there. Must have re-opened or never shut at all,im just going off what i read.

dafdave:

mezzzz1211:
bar
shower

Someone posted on the old cafes thread the other week that the burnside had shut.When i was on the road i had many a good night myself there. Must have re-opened or never shut at all,im just going off what i read.

M8 J5 is Harthill services, I`m sure.

colinb:
M8 J5 is Harthill services, I`m sure.

Harthill Services are about a mile before or a mile after J5, depending on which direction you’re travelling in. (Before if you’re West bound).

The Burnside, if it’s still open, is quite close to the Harthill Westbound MSA.

harthill serices is free but open yer backdoors its rife for curtain slashing you can also park next to the forth bridge for free just turn in for the shell garage and follow the road round

theres belford services quiet but food is expensive cant remember how much parking was!

:smiley: HAD SCOTCH COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO STOPPED HERE NOT BAD BIT COSTLY GOOD SANDWICH AND SALAD IT WAS ELEVEN (night) ON BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP DESPITE CLOSE TO A1 THINK ALSO TAKE MAJOR FUEL CARDS AS WELL PARKING A BIT RUTTY IN PLACES WATCH IF IN LOW LOADER/RIDER