quick heads up on jobs

Just been told our place (norbert dentressangle in northampton) will be advertising for some drivers on nights as of tomorrow. might be good for someone wanting to get foot in the door to get a job. have a look out for ads or get number off google and ring them. Think maybe mix of c and c&e drivers. Lack of experience and age aren’t an issue, if someone wants to put this up in newbies forum to give it some exposure to them feel free to, i’m on my phone and it’s taking ages as it is to type this post!!

I copied it into Newbies for you.

LGV CLASS 1 DRIVER LEP
Vacancy from
Job No:NHM/52071
Wage £9.19-£10.64 PER HOUR, PLUS NIGHTSHIFT ALLOWANCE
Hours 40 HOURS, DAYS, EVENINGS AND NIGHTS
Location NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE NN5
Duration Permanent
Date posted 31 March 2010 Closing date09 April 2010
Pension details No details held
Description
Must be age 21+.This local employment partnership employer shares information about new starters with Jobcentre Plus, for statistical purposes only see www.directgov.co.uk for more information Norbert Dentressangle are currently seeking experienced LGV drivers class 1 to join Northampton Distrbution Centre. Duties will include multi drop deliveries, trunking. between other Norbert Dentressangle sites and night network deliveries. A relevant licence is essential. You need to be reliable, punctual and hard working and have a friendly and helpful approach. Good customer service and communication skills essential, together with good personal presentation. Up to 25 days holiday pay, uniform provided.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Amanda Mann at Norbert Dentressangle, amanda.mann@norbert-dentressangle.com.
Employer
Norbert Dentressangle

It does say requires experience, but when I applied they took me on, and there were 3 other newly passed guys who they took on at the same time, so worth a shot :slight_smile:

I went to Nobbies in Northampton last week :stuck_out_tongue: but I don’t think I saw you Garnerlives ? :astonished: Strange security guards though :confused:

Lycanthrope:
I went to Nobbies in Northampton last week :stuck_out_tongue: but I don’t think I saw you Garnerlives ? :astonished: Strange security guards though :confused:

Security guards, what security guards?? I work under the cover of night, so you’d not see me!!

This is a good company by all accounts, they have over 8,000 trucks in europe apparently, if I lived in northampton I would be applying

Alcpone:
This is a good company by all accounts, they have over 8,000 trucks in europe apparently, if I lived in northampton I would be applying

Agreed mate! i would love to apply for it, but travelling from south london daily to northampton’s a mission :unamused: :unamused: :frowning: :wink:

I would really like to work for ND but Northampton is just too far from Dudley :cry:

Would they let me take the unit home if i promised to clean it regularly :laughing: I think they’ve got a depot not far from me :question:

Duties will include multi drop deliveries, trunking. between other Norbert Dentressangle sites and night network deliveries

“Night Network deliveries” not a chance m8 I hate them cages and I always snap the cowbell :laughing:

garnerlives:

Lycanthrope:

Security guards, what security guards?? I work under the cover of night, so you’d not see me!!

I was there yesterday and i didnt see any security guards! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: (Was at warehouse 4)

grahamA:

garnerlives:

Lycanthrope:

I was there yesterday and i didnt see any security guards! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: (Was at warehouse 4)

This was the place with a gazillion pallets around the back, never seen so many. Was something to do with LG Electronics.

i think we’re the only depot in northampton, were you down on lodge farm ind estate?? we’ve got nothing to do with lg or any firm like that, that i know of

kenno78:

Alcpone:

Agreed mate! i would love to apply for it, but travelling from south london daily to northampton’s a mission :unamused: :unamused: :frowning: :wink:

Theres always Hounslow :wink:

good one I just sent a cv application e-mail to amanda,I live in south london but if I have to move up there in order to get the job I will do it you never know I could be working in norhampton for some time and then ask for a transfer to hounslow or wembley, will it be better if I went there personally is always better than phone in or e-mail,what do you think? are they working this weekend…

Rosbergg:
good one I just sent a cv application e-mail to amanda,I live in south london but if I have to move up there in order to get the job I will do it you never know I could be working in norhampton for some time and then ask for a transfer to hounslow or wembley, will it be better if I went there personally is always better than phone in or e-mail,what do you think? are they working this weekend…

No one will be in until Tuesday now, only skeleton staff who have no say on who is employed etc. Can’t hurt to turn up, would most definitely show enthusiasm and there are loadsa firms on our estate you could go knocking on if they knock you back!

Rosbergg:
wembley

Theres a depot at Wembley :confused:
Now that doesnt make sense as there is already an ND depot 2 miles from Hounslow at Heathrow… :confused:

DAF95XF:

kenno78:

Alcpone:

Theres always Hounslow :wink:

I will ave a little “butchers” into that, nice one :wink:

I have gone to the wembley and hounslow depots,the one in wembley they’re only having agency drivers they’re not employing anyone at the moment and the one in hounslow I have fill in an application form almost 2 weeks ago but no reply jet they were looking for class 2 only, I may have to give a try at the one in northampton, I’m not sure how long it takes them to call you back to get an interview or an assesment but it has been 2 weeks and nothing,fingers cross will see what happens…

garnerlives:
i think we’re the only depot in northampton, were you down on lodge farm ind estate?? we’ve got nothing to do with lg or any firm like that, that i know of

I think MK or Telford do all that stuff.

Dunno then?:

garnerlives:

I think MK or Telford do all that stuff.

Just out of idol curiosity do you know who does the stuff to Ford and Slater DAF in Leicester?? Technically I should do it, but don’t go giving them ideas!!