LocationNORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
HoursROTATING SHIFTS, DAYS AND NIGHTS
Wage £7.88 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays , Evenings , Nights , Weekends
EmployerMalcolm Logistics Services
PensionNo details held

DurationPERMANENT ONLY

Description
Must be age 21+. This Local Employment Partnership employer shares information about new starters with Jobcentre Plus for statistical purposes only. See dwp.gov.uk for further information. Class 1 licence essential. No previous experience necessary as full training is provided. These vacancies are for days, evenings and nights. Will be driving a Class 1 vehicle, transporting cardboard and glass across the south of England and any other associated tasks. This position is based within the Daventry Rail Freight Terminal.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 0178 8822348 ext 0 and asking for Matt Grocock.

Just called them - DEFFO accepting NEWLY QUALIFIED CE drivers - they have a few already :smiley:

Im gonna give it a try tomorrow, bit of a commute from Farnborough to Northampton, what you think 1hr 45 mins or possibly less depending on time of morning/night■■? I dont mind though as i would do anything to get my foot in the door. Im a bit nervous about phoning up though, not the best of names to be asking for :blush:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Im gonna give it a try tomorrow, bit of a commute from Farnborough to Northampton, what you think 1hr 45 mins or possibly less depending on time of morning/night■■? I dont mind though as i would do anything to get my foot in the door. Im a bit nervous about phoning up though, not the best of names to be asking for :blush:

Its 1hr40 to Northampton from Hounslow, mind thats at 56 and going through the 50mph roadworks on the M25 and several stretches of the M1 :wink:
Easiest way for you might be to the A339 from Basingstoke, then A34 then M40 for 1 junction then straight up the A43 - you’ll avoid the M25 :wink:
It all depends on how quick you drive at though, according to my brother I have a heavy right foot hence he gets better MPG in my car than I do :laughing:

DAF95XF:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Its 1hr40 to Northampton from Hounslow, mind thats at 56 and going through the 50mph roadworks on the M25 and several stretches of the M1 :wink:
Easiest way for you might be to the A339 from Basingstoke, then A34 then M40 for 1 junction then straight up the A43 - you’ll avoid the M25 :wink:
It all depends on how quick you drive at though, according to my brother I have a heavy right foot hence he gets better MPG in my car than I do :laughing:

you’re home early darling

FarnboroughBoy11:

Hey experience is experience at the moment for any newbie!! If posting it on here gives someone a start then happy days!
Good luck if you do ring…just dont laugh when you ask for the bloke!!

Cheers Tonka, i did ring today and the fella was in a meeting but the guy who answered was helpful enough, there sending me an application form down so i shall fill it in and send it back and see what the crack is. Echoing Rogs words there more than happy to take on new drivers. :grimacing:

DAF95XF - I was thinking that at 3.00am starts its gotta be a nice clear run M25 M1 that time of morning. Only an hour and a 32mins there from my house says the AA route map :wink:
I hate that 339 mostly single carriage right into Newbury from Basingstoke does my nut in driving that road :imp: We’ll see what happens anyway :slight_smile:

garnerlives:

Yep, I was home by 06:40 :wink:

FarnboroughBoy11:
DAF95XF - I was thinking that at 3.00am starts its gotta be a nice clear run M25 M1 that time of morning. Only an hour and a 32mins there from my house says the AA route map :wink:
I hate that 339 mostly single carriage right into Newbury from Basingstoke does my nut in driving that road :imp: We’ll see what happens anyway :slight_smile:

Dont be too sure, I got stuck in a traffic jam on the 25 at 2 this morning :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:

:open_mouth: Bet you’re not going to tell us what kind of vehicle got you back so quickly, or how many deliveries you still had on board once you’d got back. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:

:open_mouth: Bet you’re not going to tell us what kind of vehicle got you back so quickly, or how many deliveries you still had on board once you’d got back. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

If you really want to know, it was an 18t Renault Midlum (couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding) and I only had the returns/collections from wherever it was I went to that morning - probably Harrow :wink:

DAF95XF:

dieseldave:

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:

If you really want to know, it was an 18t Renault Midlum (couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding) and I only had the returns/collections from wherever it was I went to that morning - probably Harrow :wink:

One round-trip successfully completed then… :grimacing:

I’m so glad your luck seems to have changed, you deserve it mate. :smiley:

Well its now Sunday and i rang them last Monday and still i havent received an application form. :imp:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Well its now Sunday and i rang them last Monday and still i havent received an application form. :imp:

They were going to send me one a while back, when they last advertised this job, it didn’t come, I rang said I could pop down to see them, they said no we’ll send you another form out, that one didn’t turn up either :unamused:

:laughing: Looks promising then!!!

you are talking about driving up to northampton for 1:45 min but as far as I know that will have an influence on the hours you can spend behind the wheel of a lorry doesn’t it, I know you will probably say is a stupid question but I still have to get my head around tachograph rules thas all.

Rosbergg:
you are talking about driving up to northampton for 1:45 min but as far as I know that will have an influence on the hours you can spend behind the wheel of a lorry doesn’t it, I know you will probably say is a stupid question but I still have to get my head around tachograph rules thas all.

If the 1:45 driving is in your private car going to or from work then NO - it does not count for anything !!

You could finish your shift, drive 4 hours home, have 1 hour for kip/dinner/cuddle with the Mrs :wink: , drive 4 hours back to yard and start driving the truck again… daft & unsafe but legal

The time berween finishing one shift and starting the next is called REST
REST is when you are free to do what you like

I don’t know many drivers who consider driving to and from work as being RESTful …

thanks for that Rog I may give it a go just to see if they are still looking, I may even go there in person so I don’t have to wait for applications to come by post and still I like to see the faces of people when I say I’m a newbie…its hard to say it…lets see what they say…thanks…

I can’t imagine that a company would be keen to employ someone if they knew you would be travelling close on two hours there,two hours back.It might be acceptable for a well paid office job with public transport links or if you are tramping and are out all week ,but for an ordinary daily driving job it’s just too much.I’m sure the job will go to someone local as common sense dictates that their attendance will be more reliable.There are just too many factors beyond your control involved in such a long commute which can result in you not getting in on time,or in at all.

Deathstar:
I can’t imagine that a company would be keen to employ someone if they knew you would be travelling close on two hours there,two hours back.It might be acceptable for a well paid office job with public transport links or if you are tramping and are out all week ,but for an ordinary daily driving job it’s just too much.I’m sure the job will go to someone local as common sense dictates that their attendance will be more reliable.There are just too many factors beyond your control involved in such a long commute which can result in you not getting in on time,or in at all.

Your absoloutly right, i said i would prefer nights out but they said they have only got day work. Probably why i never herd anything, but i still would of done it and just not had a life for 6 months as it was to get a start on artics.