LGV Training in Northamptonshire

I’ve done a search and not found many helpful topics on C+E Training in Northampton. I had an assessment with JLD in near Banbury and really liked their set up, however a bit put off by the fact its a slog every morning and evening(when i’ve been learning hard all day) for the travelling and the extra fuel its going to cost, plus i know the roads around northampton in terms of hazards/dodgy road layouts for getting “caught out” by the examiner. Haven’t ruled out JLD as they seem top notch and if anyone lives near to Banbury I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND going to see them.

So anyone have knowledge of doing C+E course with companies in/around Northampton. Off the top of my head i can think of J Coates, PowerDriver, Caroles, and thats it!! If anyone has trained with these or any other companies in N’hampton or has experience bad or good of anyone can you pm me or reply.

Thanks in advance

WISEKNIGHT and say hello to Mike for me :smiley:

Oh and also hello to Dave, Terry & Clive - the examiners at Weedon :slight_smile:

garnerlives:
So anyone have knowledge of doing C+E course with companies in/around Northampton. Off the top of my head i can think of J Coates, PowerDriver, Caroles,

Caroles is W&D only unless she has got an artic now.

There is another company that used to do W&D in that area - they may still be around … err… I think they were called… Stirling… :smiling_imp:

CAroles is a full artic now mate or it was when i was doing class Cand yes i know of sterling/qualitas i did my C with them, live and learn and all that still i passed onlt 1 minor so John my instructor did me proud, or I did him proud! Is that Dave as in Hazelwood the head examiner up there? I had him, could have kissed that guy a couple of months ago! But i digress!

Caroles is W&D only unless she has got an artic now.

Deffo wagon and drag.

garnerlives:
CAroles is a full artic now mate or it was when i was doing class Cand yes i know of sterling/qualitas i did my C with them, live and learn and all that still i passed onlt 1 minor so John my instructor did me proud, or I did him proud! Is that Dave as in Hazelwood the head examiner up there? I had him, could have kissed that guy a couple of months ago! But i digress!

Yup - Dave Hazelwwood was/is the head examiner there.

WARNING OF ROG TYPE JOKE

ROG:
Yup - Dave Hazelwwood was/is the head examiner there.

:bulb: Maybe your choice of words leaves a burning question…

:open_mouth: Does he do ‘foreigners’ ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You see, I’m asking because I have this friend in Leicester, who some say needs… :wink:

I know, I know, the taxi is on its way…:grimacing:

i’d call wiseknight bit of ride to Moggerhanger but Mike and Paul are great

regards
Paul

garnerlives:

Stirling / Qualitas has a bad rep as a company but they do have some good instructors as this guy found out John Is Very Good. ( He did you proud )

Clive Chester is the senior examiner at weedon

Caroles only uses a wagon and drag but its the full lenght. ( She used to rent an artic when required from anothe school but does not any longer.)

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

When did he take over from Dave Hazelwood :question:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Ages ago. Give him a call and have a chat … and give him my regards…

Thats the trouble when you are out of the loop you do not keep up to date with info.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Ages ago. Give him a call and have a chat … and give him my regards…

Thats the trouble when you are out of the loop you do not keep up to date with info.

Good for Clive :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure that missing out on that sort of minor info really makes a difference :unamused: - Had there been a change to the actual test which I was not aware of then that would be a different matter :wink:

anyone know Alan a IDT? is he still about?

dannymandi:
anyone know Alan a IDT? is he still about?

I have know Alan over 20 years Or As I call him Trigger ( Only Fools N Horses )

Alan is still around he sold IDT a couple of years ago now does some work for LGV Trainers. ( Just for his pocket Money )

IDT had a great reputation untill he sold.

With the new owners they went down pretty quick on the recommendation list