Lgv training

Hello, looked in the recommended training company’s, but can’t find the 2 company’s I have contacted. These are JCoates in Slough Berkshire and LGV Training Academy in Wantage Oxfordshire. Has anyone trained with these and have any comments?
Thanks in advance.

Is there any other training provider in your area there as you could try them as well

If you have the numbers of these give them a call go visit before booking

Have rung them both and they seem very helpful. In fact one of them sent my medical and provisional license form :slight_smile:

I did go out of area for my CE btw stayed in b&b found it easier didnt tell anyone where I was or what I was doing just went & done it

Was a long drive back with a smile on my face & that blue paper

Is Oxford too far - jldlgv.co.uk/

Spoke to another company ‘wallace school of transport’’ - seem very assuring as well.

Wallace is one of the few DSA Accredited Training Centres. This means they are quality monitored by DSA and have to maintain high standards.

There are plenty of other trainers who arent’ in this category. Some are very good, some are mediocre and some are downright dreadful. You takes your chance.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I trained with coates in slough , for my class c they were great , and went back for c+e and had same trainer but unfortunately he did not have the skills to teach me patiently enough , basically i put it down to I was quite confident learning to drive rigid and picked up the size and maneuverability of the larger veh quite quickly, but was very nervous when came to class c+e, and the trainer I had needed to teach more and did not have those skills , after not being happy with his attitude I travelled to a more patient trainer Peter Smythe in Mansfield who developed my confidence and driving skills to get me my pass , too be fair to coates the other trainers were very helpful to me whilst other trainer having coffee took the time to try and explain and show me in a more pleasant manner , if you pm me I would be happy to tell you the name of the trainer I had (dont think its fair on a public forum) so that when you visit you can maybe have one of other trainers if you decide to go with them ,
The vehs are ok or they were when I was there , not new but in working order and are easy to drive ,

whatever you choose make sure you have an assessment drive with them not just to try veh but to try out the trainer too , if you cant respect and feel comfortable with your trainer your fighting a lost cause and will just be making that pass a lot harder imho

good luck :smiley:

Hi im new to all this and did my theory today, i also live in berkshire and I’m looking for a good recommended training centre,the guy in wantage was really helpful and also sent me the medical papers , I’ve been in contact with kim’s driver training based in reading and she seems really nice and its a family business and wondered if anyones heard of her??

:smiley:

Smeg999:
Hi im new to all this and did my theory today, i also live in berkshire and I’m looking for a good recommended training centre,the guy in wantage was really helpful and also sent me the medical papers , I’ve been in contact with kim’s driver training based in reading and she seems really nice and its a family business and wondered if anyones heard of her??

:smiley:

depends how far you want to travel but EP training are in bookham surrey , go along and see for yourself the set up at kims you will get to see vehs and meet trainers etc ,wont cost anything , have also seen a lot called 2start around newbury area dont know what they like but vehs look ok might be worth having a look , or u could do what I did and travel P Smythe provide accomodation in form of B&B free to trainees ■■

good luck :smiley: