LGV Training Establishments... Northampton

Hi Folks

Can anyone suggest an LGV training establishment (or several) in Northampton or close by?

Not for me, but someone I know is possibly getting into it :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

S

jcoates.co.uk/

sterlingtraining.com/

drivertransporttraining.co.uk/local.htm

here’s a few smeserver for your mate to call.good luck :wink:

Corby Transport Training

IDT

Powerdriver UK

also S W Wreford do their own training courses

Jules

Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile: Knew you’d be nice and fast. Emailed him the link this evening :slight_smile:

I’m still planning to do my Class 2 this year, but debts got to be paid off first, and work are hinting that they may put me in for it :slight_smile:

Cheers

smeserver:
Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile: Knew you’d be nice and fast. Emailed him the link this evening :slight_smile:

I’m still planning to do my Class 2 this year, but debts got to be paid off first, and work are hinting that they may put me in for it :slight_smile:

Cheers

Well, I hope you didnt just email him the link, but invited him to join too… :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Oi, Smeserver’s Mate… dont just read it… Come and join the mad house… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Yep, I’ve told him :slight_smile:

i dont know if this is any good to ya or not sme

clear-stone.co.uk/

i am sure that this is a national company that use driving schools all over the country mate…worth clicking on link and giving them a call mate :laughing: :laughing:

AndyM:

smeserver:

Cheers

Well, I hope you didnt just email him the link, but invited him to join too… :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Oi, Smeserver’s Mate… dont just read it… Come and join the mad house… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

And here I am, as if by magic :slight_smile: I’ve signed up with Sterling on the basis of the recommendation here and what I’ve heard from some people I work with. Now to get my medical and licence sorted out…

hi roymondo,welcome to trucknet and i’m glad you got sorted out,i hope the medical goes ok and you get the licence.let us know how your doing on the lessons and i hope you pass with flying colours.good luck. :wink

Thanks for the welcome, Kitkat. I don’t anticipate any problems with the medical, and I think I’ll be OK on the theory test. We’ll see what happens when it comes to the actual driving…

Roymondo:

AndyM:

smeserver:

Cheers

And here I am, as if by magic :slight_smile: …

Hey Wotcha geeza… hahaha,
Welcome to TruckNetUK Roy

Well, If me being the over weight porky unfit bloke that I am, can pass the medical, I’m sure anybody can, so Good luck with your medical. Dont forget to call around a few different doctors to get quotes. Dont just stick to you own doctor, co thats what I did, and it cost me £80 but I found a place that did it for £60… so look around.

And good luck with your theory. The actual questions seem to be okay, and most people pass them, but it the new Hazard Perseption that seems to be the main problem that people find passing… but I’m sure you will do just fine mate.

Anyway, welcome again, and if you have any queries, questions, or just wanna know stuff, just ask away mate… we are a helpful, friendly bunch really… haha

Welcome Roymondo & all the best for your training.

As Andy said, the theory questions are fine, I read through the handbook a couple of times and got 35/35.

I too was more woried about the Hazard perception, try to get hold of the CD/DVD - that helped me a great deal. Your training school should have a copy to lend you, mine did. If not maybe someone here can help.

Cheers,
Paul.

Welcome to TruckNet UK Roymondo.

Good luck with your training. Keep us up to date with how its going.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You will find most questions have been asked before and the answers will be in here somewhere. There is often a different slant to a question though which hasn’t been covered.

Thanks for all the ncouraging noises, guys. I’ve now got the DSA books and video through from the training company, along with the licence and medical forms. I’ll keep you posted regarding my progress and I’m sure there will be questions…

What ever happened to NRTB ? they were run the the Northampton authorities.

Pat Hasler:
What ever happened to NRTB ? they were run the the Northampton authorities.

I think they effectively became PowerdriverUK - BICBW