Over run

Coming home from Southampton tonight, on the hills around Didcot on the A34, nobody was about so managed to get it up to 72, cos I was quite heavy, absolutely flew past a couple of tesco motors :smiley: , Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

Well yes i do actually :blush: :blush: although i hasten to add not quite as fast as that. Probably gonna get slated for admitting to it.

pfffffffffft woos

78 on the M62. 43t :laughing:

tin hat at the ready

No Way, I always brake and stay at 56mph even if I can do 60!!

Whoops my Halo just fell off!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

firm i used to work for when i had my class2, i picked up a volvo fh12 6x2 from goole, had no limiter ! :laughing: 65-70mph all the way home !

it was friday afternoon and i was taking the better half out 4 dinner at 7.30pm :wink:

bugcos:
Coming home from Southampton tonight, on the hills around Didcot on the A34, nobody was about so managed to get it up to 72, cos I was quite heavy, absolutely flew past a couple of tesco motors :smiley: , Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

A lot of firms would have a fit if they saw that on your tacho.

Cant fault you mark :smiley: , Once drove a W reg Eurostar with no limiter 77 most of the way up the M1, very tempting with no limiter isnt it?

One day I was trunking with newspapers to inverness. There is a step hill just before the bridge. Usually I was carrying two or three pallets, so I was just allowing myself to speed up slightly but this night I forgot that I had 12.

I was there about 3.45 am, no one was arround and suddenly I realised that lorry drives very strange - I had a big problem to keep in my lane. So i drove on the middle of the road and started to slow down softly - I was thinking that I got a tyre busted or something like that. Then I looked on the speedo - it was about 80!!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I was scared like â– â– â– â– , happily nothing happened and I managed to slow down back to 50.

I made a copy of the tacho chart for myself and one day, I will be able to show it to my grandchildren to suprise them that I wasn’t always so smart as they think and I also used to do stupid things :slight_smile:

bugcos:
Cant fault you mark :smiley: , Once drove a W reg Eurostar with no limiter 77 most of the way up the M1, very tempting with no limiter isnt it?

yerss i love the extra speed, my old truck used to do 65mph was great

the scanny i av got now does 55mph flat out although i know a sneaky way to make it go faster without breaking any seals or pulling any fuse !

mark h:

bugcos:

yerss i love the extra speed, my old truck used to do 65mph was great

the scanny i av got now does 55mph flat out although i know a sneaky way to make it go faster without breaking any seals or pulling any fuse !

off on rapid style? :wink:

i "let mine go down the hills,but try to keep it on the exhaster when loaded at no more than sixty,right or wrong??dunno,cos my motor is always heavy and its nigh on impossible to keep it from over run.
question-does it show up on your digi tacho printout,even if you dont exceed 60?,and also sometimes mine registers on display overspeed,but not every time i do it,why?. :confused: :confused:

I don’t let it over run, :smiley: not really bothered and I spent so much time double manning trucks with drivers who do it and it’s can be scary when you not in front of the controls. :open_mouth:
I’ve also heard that the French Police are hot on this, but yet to have heard of anybody getting nicked for it. :confused:

steve-o

i can honestly say i dont no what u mean :unamused:

:laughing:

Remember coming down the hill on the M74 where it changes to two lanes with a full load on in a Daf i think it was went off the speedo, also went off the tachograph and ripped it at the top and didnt registar all the way back into Glasgow.

Could do a run to Teeside as well a bit quicker letting is roll down the A66 for a long time, sitting at 75mph if you were in a hurry.

Vosa will be going nuts and digging out the IP tracker to this lol. Two finger up to you

Steve-o:
Vosa will be going nuts and digging out the IP tracker to this lol. Two finger up to you

They have more chance of finding my IP than finding the tachographs was about three years ago i was working for a company who no longer exist went outta bussiness.

Since then ive seen the error of my ways and work with companies who would pull you up for that :slight_smile:

Whats an IP tracker? :blush: :blush: :blush:

MR VAIN:

Probably something I made up in my mind lol.

Off topic, is yours a 420? Red Dot? What’s that all about? Seen a few Canute motors with the wee red dot

Steve-o:

thing is tho, we can say wa we like on here, they need to find hard evidnece to b proved, as some 1 else said tacho’s for that truckr gone ! etc etc

Steve-o:

MR VAIN:

Probably something I made up in my mind lol.

Off topic, is yours a 420? Red Dot? What’s that all about? Seen a few Canute motors with the wee red dot

its a hpi engine, better 4 the enviroment or something

(standing to b corrected)