Manuel Entry

So do any of you working says do a manual entry for your over night rest period or for your weekend rest ? asking as my latest monthly tacho report is saying so record for the weekend period ?so im considering doing one for all rest periods

Start of every shift i do a manual entry, required where i am, the only one i tend to ‘forget’ :wink: is where the month changes.

when you finish out comes the card .
When you pop it back in it’ll ask if you want to do man ent so for me it’s yes from card out I do upto3 the time I book off from debrief then rest till I book on then man entry till card went in that’s the manual entry for end and start of all shifts

Juddian:
Start of every shift i do a manual entry, required where i am, the only one i tend to ‘forget’ :wink: is where the month changes.

That’s because your unsure.

Watch when you put the card in it won’t let you change the day until you change the month so you skip 1 step then scroll back

No Nick its because i can’t be arsed poncing about clicking back to the previous month to add 15 mins or whatever to me finish time.

Never done one.
Park car, go to lorry, card in, start work.
Park lorry, card out, get in car, go home.

Snap

109LWB:
Never done one.
Park car, go to lorry, card in, start work.
Park lorry, card out, get in car, go home.

I’m starting to warm…

To this idea. VOSA pulled me years ago and questioned why I didn’t do any maual entries. I said I’d do them in future and do out of habit.

But several other drivers have said they don’t bother with them at all and have had no problems.

Might just start going back to not doing them.

as an aside manuel is also the name of a famous spanish waiter

well my thinking is if you do them then its a complete 24h record and its not a difficult thing to do mine just comes up with the last card entry and next line is when i put it in so its simple enough to do

What I do outside of work is none of VOSAs business.
If my card isn’t in, I’m not working.

Yea always done them , always add 15 mins on for end / beginning of shift , walking from / to office and paperwork , but only do it mon morn as card in rest of time

Manuel Entry

Whilst I was stuck in the office I had to do manual entries straight into the tacho master software. Not as easy as you’d think as I seem to have given myself an infringement!

Terry T:

Manuel Entry

Que?

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

slowlane:

Terry T:

Manuel Entry

Que?

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Si :grimacing:

bjd:
So do any of you working says do a manual entry for your over night rest period or for your weekend rest ? asking as my latest monthly tacho report is saying so record for the weekend period ?so im considering doing one for all rest periods

When I eject my card at the end of shift I leave the mode on rest, then when I insert my card at the start of the next shift I make sure the mode is on rest ( I’m the only driver of this unit so not a problem ) , I never make a manual entry as no I ther work was carried out while I was stood down.

Grumpy Dad:
When I eject my card at the end of shift I leave the mode on rest, then when I insert my card at the start of the next shift I make sure the mode is on rest.

There really is no need to do this mate. In the view of the authorities (in Britain at least) any time with your card removed is assumed to be rest, so the mode immediately before removing it is actually irrelevant. I understand perfectly why you do it, indeed where I work once instructed all drivers to do what you do, but after advice changed their stance.

I personally leave mine in overnight but also make sure that I put it on bed and also "end country " and “begin country” the next day. I also do a manual entry for my time off, but only do that 'cos I can, as it’s not strictly a requirement.

The clue is “rest since last entry” “yes” crack on.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

the maoster:

Grumpy Dad:
When I eject my card at the end of shift I leave the mode on rest, then when I insert my card at the start of the next shift I make sure the mode is on rest.

There really is no need to do this mate. In the view of the authorities (in Britain at least) any time with your card removed is assumed to be rest, so the mode immediately before removing it is actually irrelevant. I understand perfectly why you do it, indeed where I work once instructed all drivers to do what you do, but after advice changed their stance.

I personally leave mine in overnight but also make sure that I put it on bed and also "end country " and “begin country” the next day. I also do a manual entry for my time off, but only do that 'cos I can, as it’s not strictly a requirement.

Something I’ve done since being pulled by BAG and getting corrected, to take out the card on the activity I’m about to undertake replace on the activety I’ve just completed and adjust manually for activities undertaken if different

Fair enough mate, you are certainly not doing anything wrong per se, but unnecessary imo. I did say in Britain though, so obviously across the water the authorities may well have different interpretations, so if it works for you then that’s fairy snuff :wink: