Manual Entries

I have been the only guy doing manual entries at my place of work. I’ve been now asked to help the other drivers when doing theirs as the company have now decided that all drivers should be doing them. When I come in the morning…I always to a manual entry for the previous end of day work rounding my finish time up to the next 15 minutes point. Then of course, daily rest up until the last 15 minutes o hour point eg 6.00 am if I get to the vehicle at 6.05 etc. Then other work from 6,00 until say the point I insert my card at 6.05. These rounding ups to the nearest 15 or hours point covers my time from my car to get the keys and to get to the work vehicle. Am I doing it correctly? Thanks.

Sounds about right.
Bet your popular then lol.
'd not be showing others how to do it. Not in my job description.
If they don’t know how then tough luck. Let management show them or arrange a course.
Because let’s say you show other drivers. They then get it wrong .more than likely your get the blame

You’ve opened a can of worms here :laughing:
There’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, though you’ll get some replies that state it’s a pointless exercise.
The only thing you’ll need to be prepared for is the comments you’ll receive from co workers.

Mooping:
I have been the only guy doing manual entries at my place of work. I’ve been now asked to help the other drivers when doing theirs as the company have now decided that all drivers should be doing them.

And I bet they all love you eh?
:laughing:

Just out of interest were you getting money taken off you for those 5 to 10 mins a day? …and if not, and the co were ok with how things were…why were you even bothered. :neutral_face:

Personally I wouldn’t bother doing it unless your employer insists that it must be done (eg Argos/DHL). Last couple of times I did a manual entry I made some kind of mistake and things weren’t accurately recorded, which was annoying as there was no pressure on my to make a manual entry.

robroy:

Mooping:
I have been the only guy doing manual entries at my place of work. I’ve been now asked to help the other drivers when doing theirs as the company have now decided that all drivers should be doing them.

And I bet they all love you eh?
:laughing:

Just out of interest were you getting money taken off you for those 5 to 10 mins a day? …and if not, and the co were ok with how things were…why were you even bothered. :neutral_face:

I was gaining a few minutes every evening and every morning. :smiley: I am thinking why the hell should I be doing it as when I was the only one doing it, they weren’t happy about it saying that I was gaining at their expense. There we are. I like helping if I can.

Manual entries are the biggest source of infringements for those not used to doing them - either putting in the wrong mode or not allowing for the 6 hour WTD rule.