Manual Entries

Is it law or good practice to make manual entries at the start of shift? Just wondered as I don’t bother as all work I do is on the tacho. Even parking up and cleaning lorry, handing in tickets etc my card is left on other work literally until I’m walking out of the gate when I just eject the card, lock up and go.
Just wondered whether some companes insist on them regardlessof the law?

Muckaway:
Is it law or good practice to make manual entries at the start of shift? Just wondered as I don’t bother as all work I do is on the tacho. Even parking up and cleaning lorry, handing in tickets etc my card is left on other work literally until I’m walking out of the gate when I just eject the card, lock up and go.
Just wondered whether some companes insist on them regardlessof the law?

Your legal requirement is to record all of your daily duties so provided you do that then all is ok

If you book off on the card and then take 30 seconds to exit nobody is going to be bothered about that

By rights you should if you are working but away from the vehicle and you’ve not had chance to put your card in yet.
I don’t know anyone that would bother though.
Who’s going to know?

You have to account for ALL of your time. Even if I take my card out at 15.25 and book off at 15.30 Il do a manual entry the next day for the missing 5 minutes.

Edit- Rog beat me to it.

ROG:
If you book off on the card and then take 30 seconds to exit nobody is going to be bothered about that

Quicker than that Rog; I park right beside the gate!
:laughing:

Gembo:
You have to account for ALL of your time. Even if I take my card out at 15.25 and book off at 15.30 Il do a manual entry the next day for the missing 5 minutes.

Edit- Rog beat me to it.

Do you actually bother to do that?

Muckaway:

ROG:

Quicker than that Rog; I park right beside the gate!
:laughing:

Did this on my cpc just two weeks ago. Have a diary and record all your work, from start time to finish time. It does not all have to be on the Digi.

If your stopped and questioned and you cannot give the history of your shift day, your in a spot!!

That’s the thing mate, all my work IS on the card. I work at an old fashioned haulage company, no “team meetings” etc…

I work now in Dhl from agency.shift managers said must not just entered start time but first correct finish time in last shift and after just start time.in last 2 years was working in some 10 company.this is first who ask do this.but anyway Dhl in red zone reputation from Vosa.

limeyphil:

Gembo:

Edit- Rog beat me to it.

Yeah, Im all for a quiet life Phil. Ok, maybe I don’t every time for 5 minutes here and there but I will if its half hour or so. Takes me 15 seconds, job done.
I don’t give any jobs-worth any excuse!

Gembo:

limeyphil:

Gembo:

Edit- Rog beat me to it.

Yeah, Im all for a quiet life Phil. Ok, maybe I don’t every time for 5 minutes here and there but I will if its half hour or so. Takes me 15 seconds, job done.
I don’t give any jobs-worth any excuse!

Me too.

What ever time is on the clocking in machine is the time that gets entered on the card, beginning and end of shift

w1ggo:
What ever time is on the clocking in machine is the time that gets entered on the card, beginning and end of shift

This

w1ggo:

What clock machine?