Manuel Entry

Grumpy Dad:

bjd:
So do any of you working says do a manual entry for your over night rest period or for your weekend rest ? asking as my latest monthly tacho report is saying so record for the weekend period ?so im considering doing one for all rest periods

When I eject my card at the end of shift I leave the mode on rest, then when I insert my card at the start of the next shift I make sure the mode is on rest ( I’m the only driver of this unit so not a problem ) , I never make a manual entry as no I ther work was carried out while I was stood down.

Yep, same for me. Switch to rest mode and eject. Insert card for next shift and switch from rest to other work. Also keep a written log just for back up. Been stopped a few times and never been raised as an issue .

Mine stays in for a month sometimes…

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Terry T:

slowlane:

Terry T:

Manuel Entry

Que?

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Si :grimacing:

What?

Ensure your tachograph is not Fawlty.

Never ever done one.
Park up for night card left in tacho.
Finish for weekend, card goes home with me, and is put back in at start of following week.

The fact that it is out tells anybody who needs to know, that I’m on my weekly rest, that should, and does, suffice as far as I’m concerned.
I’ve never been told any different when stopped and checked in the past either.

robroy:
Never ever done one.
Finish for weekend, card goes home with me, and is put back in at start of following week.

The fact that it is out tells anybody who needs to know, that I’m on my weekly rest, that should, and does, suffice as far as I’m concerned.

Sorry rob but we all have to be briefed on a Monday on what work were doing and then debriefed on a Friday to make sure time sheets , pod , s are present and correct , expenses sheets need handing in etc , so yes you should be doing a manual entry

Although I’m not from Barcelona I do a little manuel entry on Monday morning.

My company don’t subscribe to the whole debrief bollox so it’s left to me to keep everything in order, Monday’s job usually arrives on the phone late Friday so it’s a simple case of park up, switch to other work, sort myself out for Monday eject card and round me time sheet up to the next quarter and bugger off.

Come Monday a cybil manuel entry to match my Tacho to my timesheet for the previous week and Basil’s your uncle. I do show rest but that’s just to complete the manuel entry not essential a ? will do. Just keeps everything nice and tidy.

Don’t mention the war though, I did once but think I got away with it.

I don’t even know how to do a manual entry, I have never done one either. I tried once and screwed it up. Card goes in on a Monday morning and comes out Friday. No idea why a manual entry is necessary, I am on rest through the night and cross hammers in the morning, get my checks out the way, coffee then drive? where do I need to do the manual entry.

the maoster:

Grumpy Dad:
When I eject my card at the end of shift I leave the mode on rest, then when I insert my card at the start of the next shift I make sure the mode is on rest.

There really is no need to do this mate. In the view of the authorities (in Britain at least) any time with your card removed is assumed to be rest, so the mode immediately before removing it is actually irrelevant. I understand perfectly why you do it, indeed where I work once instructed all drivers to do what you do, but after advice changed their stance.

I personally leave mine in overnight but also make sure that I put it on bed and also "end country " and “begin country” the next day. I also do a manual entry for my time off, but only do that 'cos I can, as it’s not strictly a requirement.

I used to do similar on a night out, my view being that if I’m in charge of the truck my card stays in there so that there can be no question about where I am. However, our “powers that be” complained that in doing that it made a mess of their telemetry systems so company regs state that card has to be ejected every night whether I’m away from base or not. My suspicion is that it’s the shiny-arses in the office who can’t use their system properly, but as is always the case they blame it on the driver doing something “wrong”.

dozy:

robroy:
Never ever done one.

Sorry rob but we all have to be briefed on a Monday on what work were doing and then debriefed on a Friday to make sure time sheets , pod , s are present and correct , expenses sheets need handing in etc , so yes you should be doing a manual entry

We don’t do briefing and debriefing doze because my lot aint up their own arses, and we aint Lancaster Bomber aircrew off on a bombing mission over Dusseldorf, we just deliver crap from A to B on artics. :bulb:
‘Debriefing’ ffs :unamused: typical pretentious management ‘buzzword of the week’ ■■■■■■■■.

youtu.be/Mt_I2nBhizo

So No I shouldn’t be doing a manual entry.

We do our debriefing on the phone before the last shift ends:
Office: “Hi, alright?”
“Yeah, fine, you OK?”
"Yes thanks. Trailer XYZ next week. First drop is for ABC, booked in for ?oclock." "Have a good weekend then. Bye" "You too. Bye". Sometimes its not as long and complicated as that though.

Franglais:
We do our debriefing on the phone before the last shift ends:
Office: “Hi, alright?”
“Yeah, fine, you OK?”
"Yes thanks. Trailer XYZ next week. First drop is for ABC, booked in for ?oclock." "Have a good weekend then. Bye" "You too. Bye". Sometimes its not as long and complicated as that though.

And that is how transport and haulage always was (and in our case still is) until the ‘‘Just run that one up the flagpole and see who salutes’’ type d/heads infiltrated us like a cancer.
Then Transport firms suddenly became Logistical Solution Services or other type management bullcrap. :unamused: …incidentally it’s funny how the wages did not go up to correspond with our new image ‘‘improvement’’
Call me old fashioned but I could never endure working for those trype of pretentious pricks. :smiling_imp:

Only times I’d manual entry is if I got into work on a Mon morning and for whatever reason my unit wasn’t ready/available immediately, or I’d add in the time if I worked past premature ejectulation of the card on the Friday before (meeting, bollocking, brown nosing session, those type of things you know), other than that I’d put card in at shift start, if that was 5 a.m. then that’s what time the card would go in irrelevant if I turned up at work 5 or 10 mins early (shock horror) then I’d do my 15 min checks/paperwork sorting/nose picking and tea making then off I’d plod at quarter past 5, as for the rest of the week, if I was in the truck then the card was in the machine, end of.

UKtramp:
I don’t even know how to do a manual entry, I have never done one either. I tried once and screwed it up. Card goes in on a Monday morning and comes out Friday. No idea why a manual entry is necessary, I am on rest through the night and cross hammers in the morning, get my checks out the way, coffee then drive? where do I need to do the manual entry.

For tramper when you come Monday to you truck you must enter you correct finish time in Friday.Because when you taked card out that you go to office and after must enter correct start time.because if you go office at the shift start and this taked 10-20 min.Some drivers seating in waiting room and wait for truck,trailer for 1-3 hours and not enter nothing.

Manuel entry?? Only on here! :frowning: Does anybody remember having to draw a line on tacho charts showing finish time, and then signing it? Manual entries seem like a similar palaver too. If you take the card out and leave vehicle on rest mode, there is a recording on the VDU, and if your card if used during the rest period it will show any activity, which is the reason for its use, so why do you have to make a manual entry to confirm what has already been digitally recorded twice already?

Never needed to…only do a manual if over hours or need to report on the back of the printout reason why i took a late break…thats about it…

Janos:
Manuel entry?? Only on here! :frowning: Does anybody remember having to draw a line on tacho charts showing finish time, and then signing it? Manual entries seem like a similar palaver too. If you take the card out and leave vehicle on rest mode, there is a recording on the VDU, and if your card if used during the rest period it will show any activity, which is the reason for its use, so why do you have to make a manual entry to confirm what has already been digitally recorded twice already?

Manual entries are for periods of work or driving ( work van ) where no digital record can be kept.
If you remove your card on a Friday and the last mode recorded is rest, that is the last activity that will be shown for that day should the card be read by DVSA, but if you remove the card and then continue to work away from your vehicle for the rest of the day, upon insertion of your card on Monday you can enter the relevant activity and duration that took place after removal of your card.
The manual entry will be kept on your card and not the OBU, as it may not be your regular unit you’re using the following week.

It must take all of about 30 seconds to do a manual entry showing work after ejecting card last night, daily / weekly rest and then work since inserting your card that morning.

Don’t fear the change old timers !! :smiley:

steelgoon:
It must take all of about 30 seconds to do a manual entry showing work after ejecting card last night, daily / weekly rest and then work since inserting your card that morning.

Don’t fear the change old timers !! :smiley:

Yeh but that is the time I could use for more relavent and vital activities, such as picking my nose and scratching my arse. :bulb:
Oh yeh, and don’t you be confusing seeing through crap, with fear…sonny. :smiley:

Harry Monk:
What?

Faulty ?

Why, what’s wrong with him ? :grimacing: