M25 last night. Lovely to see

So came off M11 onto M25 to come off at 30/31 just before Dartford crossing. And between that stretch from j27 to j30/31 I saw at least 8 or 9 foreign registered trucks parked up under bridges or on hard shoulder all with curtains closed as usual.

Nothing unusual you might say, but on the way back up I did see a DVSA vehicles with one of them with his lights flashing and going to the drivers cab.

Hoping they had the lot of them and hope something decent was done about it. It’s against the law and we would not get away lightly with it so I hope they are all prosecuted to the extent the law allows.

It grinds my gears they do this thinking it is acceptable here and it’s time more was done about it.

So maybe just maybe a thumbs up to the DVSA guys that were there last night.

I don’t understand why it bothers you and other people so much they are not causing a obstruction so what’s the problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is simply that they are seen to be “getting away with” something that the vast majority of UK drivers would not dare to do.

James96:
I don’t understand why it bothers you and other people so much they are not causing a obstruction so what’s the problem with it

Because if I stop on the hard shoulder and pull the curtains I’ll soon attract the attention of dvsa or old bill and also it’s illegal did you not know that . :unamused:

James96:

Im none too familiar with that stretch. Good acceleration lanes are there to allow stationary vehicles to rejoin the m-way? Long stretch of quiet road where braking out of, or accelerating into moving traffic isnt a problem? Slow moving trucks in the slow lane at night maybe…

James96:

Are you for real?

It is illegal to stop on the hard shoulder in the UK is it not except for an emergency?

They are causing an obstruction in the event of an accident by blocking the hard shoulder which may be needed to be used by the emergency services.

By being parked there they are a danger to themselves and others.

But hey it’s OK it’s doesn’t affect me or you so let’s just let them crack on with it.

It annoys me cause you know full well if I decided to take a break on the hard shoulder whether a 45 min or a 45 weekly then I’m pretty sure I’d have a visit from the police and be prosecuted for it.

It annoys me we have people from other countries come over here and don’t even try to understand the laws over here and think “I don’t understand” is an excusable defence.

Being an idiot is not a defence at all, it is quite simply glaring obvious to anyone with eyes that you cannot stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway to anyone holding a ■■■■■■■ driving licence.

As you can see everyone stops to take a leak, answer the phone, change the baby, have a picnic etc etc on the hard shoulders on motorways all day every day.

Action needs to happen to stop this sort of behaviour happening whether it’s a foreigner or someone equally as bad here.

The law is supposed to be impartial but the law enforcers have lost their credibility and much of the respect the people of this country used to hold them in, we’ve got too many special groups already who get away with things that would see others dragged away in handcuffs and subsequently imprisoned, whilst other persons and groups are harrassed and hounded because their message isn’t current hymn sheet page.

It makes a change from parking in lane one I suppose :unamused:

About time the lot of them get kicked out of the country. We have enough pricks of our own.

eagerbeaver:

About time the lot of them get kicked out of the country. We have enough pricks of our own.

Yeah totally agree. It’s the first time I have seen DVSA actually on them at the scene and I hope they did the tour and had the lot of them.

simcor:

eagerbeaver:

Yeah totally agree. It’s the first time I have seen DVSA actually on them at the scene and I hope they did the tour and had the lot of them.

Were dvsa booking them or bringing them some boiled cabbage and some bottles of vodka.

bald bloke:

simcor:

eagerbeaver:

Were dvsa booking them or bringing them some boiled cabbage and some bottles of vodka.

You would hope the former although knowing how useful they can be probably the latter.

Either way it made me feel good seeing something actually being done about it or seeming to be done.

bald bloke:

simcor:

eagerbeaver:

PMSL.jpg

D’ya know what? I don’t care! I don’t care if some foreign trucker is taking his break on the hard shoulder, I don’t care if he’s seen to be “getting away with it”. I don’t drive on the hard shoulder any more than I dip into lay bys that I pass on A roads.

This problem is entirely the making of the authorities; they close or make unaffordable every single lorry park, they compound it with punitive fines for minor Tacho transgressions and then wonder why it all goes wrong.

Maosters top tip of the day; if it don’t affect you, don’t worry about it. Envy is a terrible trait.

James96:

Possibly the most stupid statement since Dozy asked for online advice on how to pervert the course of justice.

Please tell me you don’t have any kind of driving license or are just pulling chains.

if its sauce for the goose,then it should be the same for the gander,except its not…uk truck parks on motorway,you can be sure there will be 5 charges within a couple of hours,the flipflops just get away with it 99% of the time,so its reverse racism against your average uk joe bloggs.just another example of white genocide.

the maoster:
D’ya know what? I don’t care! I don’t care if some foreign trucker is taking his break on the hard shoulder, I don’t care if he’s seen to be “getting away with it”. I don’t drive on the hard shoulder any more than I dip into lay bys that I pass on A roads.

This problem is entirely the making of the authorities; they close or make unaffordable every single lorry park, they compound it with punitive fines for minor Tacho transgressions and then wonder why it all goes wrong.

Maosters top tip of the day; if it don’t affect you, don’t worry about it. Envy is a terrible trait.

Why am I envious?

I am smart enough to know parking on the hard shoulder unless absolutely necessary is a brain dead moronic irresponsible thing to do.

I am far from envious of that I can assure you I would like to see more done about it and for once actually saw some action for a change.

My only beef,was the fact that it would hinder the emergency services…in the event of an accident.
However,now they’re doing away with the hard shoulder anyway…i can’t see what difference it makes.

simcor:
So came off M11 onto M25 to come off at 30/31 just before Dartford crossing. And between that stretch from j27 to j30/31 I saw at least 8 or 9 foreign registered trucks parked up under bridges or on hard shoulder all with curtains closed as usual.

Nothing unusual you might say, but on the way back up I did see a DVSA vehicles with one of them with his lights flashing and going to the drivers cab.

Hoping they had the lot of them and hope something decent was done about it. It’s against the law and we would not get away lightly with it so I hope they are all prosecuted to the extent the law allows.

It grinds my gears they do this thinking it is acceptable here and it’s time more was done about it.

So maybe just maybe a thumbs up to the DVSA guys that were there last night.

Let us know how you go on over the water one day :laughing: you never know the circumstance of some of them being there ,we can’t all forward plan to the letter .

the maoster:

Its not envy. These pricks will be blocking the emergency services if there was an accident further down the road.
How would you feel if you lost a loved one because the ambulance couldn’t get there quick enough all because of foreigners blatant disregard of the law. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

To all the posters who say, So What, or Don’t Care.
You are involved in a RTC and your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend is badly injured. Unfortunatley, the Ambulance is being held up cos Jonny Foreiner is having a break on the hard shoulder. Worst case she/he dies because of the delay.
Now say So What, or Don’t Care.