M25 again this morning!

WTF is happening around j23-25!! Is it cursed? Another incident this morning closed again, air ambulance in attendance… This is too many accidents in same area in one week, needs looking into urgently I guess, they have to lower speed limits through these roadworks in the interests of safety!!

incredible :unamused: :unamused:

Not good :cry:

What’s happened then? Couldn’t see anything in the news about it.

Not 100% sure if it’s another truck! but was on highways agency website & local radio this morning, delays anti clockwise open now I think clockwise!

Omg, just seen HA twitter feed, now another accident clockwise between 22-23 at 13.45!!!

Nothing on their website as yet!

trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx#mtf

I’m off that way at three to collect a load of milk from Wathamstow :cry:

its always going to be the same till they bring a secondary test for motorway driving ? people just don’t know how to use a motorway and that includes truck drivers …

You would have to think that, with all the incidents over the last few days maybe the set up of the roadworks needs a look at. While I agree the driving standards have gone downhill over the years, I find it hard to believe all the poor drivers happen to be around the same areas within a couple of days. After all there are plenty roadwork set ups all over the country but I don’t see this type of carnage happening nationwide.

Something I notice when driving around that area - each other artic has a different speed limiter, eg. Tesco 50mph waitrose 52mpg TNT flat out 56, me on 49mph cruise regardless, and johnny foreigner that don’t seem to have any speed limiters fitted at all. That dip between 24 and 25 clockwise will have you building up quite a bit of downhill speed there, so you might - shock horror have to tap your brakes going downhill to keep yourself at the 50… :open_mouth:

Now, some might argue that me pottering along at 49 is forcing everyone else to overtake - but hang on a min FFS - You’re SUPPOSED TO BE DOING NO MORE THAN 50!

Just sit in behind, or get in front and once there, cruise it on exactly 50 FFS. You don’t win a prize for “just gotta get past this guy” except possibly a wooden overcoat, so chill out… Get this “job and knock” mentality out of your heads - those that insist on passing me like I’m standing still, and getting upset that I’m “only doing the speed limit”. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Don’t know if the twitter link will work but this from earlier, worth following HA on twitter, updates almost as they happen!!

@HAtraffic_east: #M25 clockwise between J22 and J23 | Accident t.co/eQ98AFBPgq

Today’s was a single vehicle, a 4x4, that hit a barrier and rolled and slid on it’s roof. One driver and a small child. Although injured, not serious. Just goes to show that wearing a seat belt and good child seat can make a lot of difference. At a crash on M1 yesterday, a women was sat in rear with a two year old on her lap, neither were restrained, so when they crashed, the poor child head butted the back of the front seat head rest. :imp: I hope she got a ticket at least.

No surprise that the road safety regime which is based on speed limits and speed isn’t working.It’s obvious that too many people have been brainwashed into thinking that just lowering speed limits even more is the answer.When the real problem is dumbed down drivers who’ve been dumbed down by low speeds and lowering speeds even more will just create even dumber drivers.

In the case of trucks it would probably be better to look at hours regs which can put someone behind the wheel when they’re too knackered to drive like 15 hour total days and making drivers stop to sleep when they aren’t tired and making them drive when they are.With speed limiters which make trucks run slower in places where they could be running faster and then drivers trying to make up the lost time by going faster in places when they should be running slower.In addition to the bunching caused by low speed differentials and drivers sitting in the crumple zone of a cab over wagon if/when it does hit something in a big way.

Carryfast:
No surprise that the road safety regime which is based on speed limits and speed isn’t working.It’s obvious that too many people have been brainwashed into thinking that just lowering speed limits even more is the answer.When the real problem is dumbed down drivers who’ve been dumbed down by low speeds and lowering speeds even more will just create even dumber drivers.

In the case of trucks it would probably be better to look at hours regs which can put someone behind the wheel when they’re too knackered to drive like 15 hour total days and making drivers stop to sleep when they aren’t tired and making them drive when they are.With speed limiters which make trucks run slower in places where they could be running faster and then drivers trying to make up the lost time by going faster in places when they should be running slower.In addition to the bunching caused by low speed differentials and drivers sitting in the crumple zone of a cab over wagon if/when it does hit something in a big way.

It has nothing to do with hours regs, it has nothing to do with speed diferences, it is just stupid drivers, driving stupidly! there is only 2 types of vehicles that can cause a truck driver serious injury or death and that is another truck or a bus, common sense would tell you to stay well away from these vehicles as far as practicly possible, with only 1 reason to be close to another one!
But stupid drivers will never learn this until they hit one!
The same goes for trucks close to small vehicles, stay well away from them and they are less likely to suffer or cause you a problem, there are stupid car drivers as well…
Oh and there are truck drivers who really dont know how to handle a truck, there is evidence of that all over the road network…

Always strive to keep a vacant “idiot space” in front of you.
AKA the “two second rule”.

If someone overtakes, and cuts in front of me, I’ll knock it back a click or two, to re-create that space. Sod whoever is behind me ■■■■■■ of I’m now slowing to 47mph…
Being safe is better than being dead, or being the proverbial “A driver was arrested at the scene” too… :exclamation:

Winseer:

If someone overtakes, and cuts in front of me, I’ll knock it back a click or two, to re-create that space. Sod whoever is behind me ■■■■■■ of I’m now slowing to 47mph…
Being safe is better than being dead, or being the proverbial “A driver was arrested at the scene” too… :exclamation:

I understand what you say , as that is what the Highway Code states , but in effect you end up going backwards , and for that reason I go with the flow of the traffic , although I’m not encouraging others to do the same , just my personal preference

Been a bad week on this stretch, is it 5 in 5 days?
Something is a miss here for sure!!! To narrow I think.
I’m with the others who have suggested as its so narrow on this stretch, maybe a rethink is needed.

This is two Saturdays on the trot when I have had to re route around that area of the M25.
Last week I was to deliver to our depot in Harlow.
The advised route from Stoke is:
M6,M1,M25,M11,A414.
Last saturday there were two diversions on the M6 due to roadworks,J13 down to J12 and J7 down to J6,and the M1 closed between J20 and J19.
For some reason in recent weeks,there has been no advance warnings on closures on the A14 or the M11 when s/b,when on more than one occasion coming north on the M11 from the M25,there has been a closure warning.
Most of our lads find the A50 to the M1 much easier,and we decided that we’d take a chance on the M1 closure.
The M1 was closed at J20,so following the diversion up to Lutterworth then down the A5 back to the M1 only cost 10 minutes,but when you are on a time sensative delivery,every minute adds up.
I thought it was plain sailing until I got south of Luton when the overheads told me the M25 was closed between 23 and 25.
I took a quick decision and came off at J7 of the M1,which is the A414 which I know goes through Harlow.
After 5 miles,you hit the A1,north to the next junction the off again onto the A414 along to the A10,then south back to the M25.
While I was on this stretch,A1,A414,A10,I saw the big yellow diversion signs and realised that this was the diversion around the closed M25.
I continued on the A414 to Harlow and got some questions on why I was late,there was another of our trucks who should have been before me but hadn’t turned up.
It transpired that the other truck had had or been in an accident on the M25,between J23 and J25,the reason for the closure, which was the reason both of us were late!
Yesterday I used the same route again from the M1,out and back to Stanstead and did the trip in 4 hours each way,which is only 20 minutes longer than “Normal”,but what can you call normal these days?
Incidentally,my Sat Nav addresses the A414 as,“North orbital”,so it must be recognised as an outer ring road.
As it goes right through to Chelmsford,may use this next time I’m on that run.

Smoggie89:

Winseer:

I understand what you say , as that is what the Highway Code states , but in effect you end up going backwards, Or dead if the guy in front has to brake hard! and for that reason I go with the flow of the traffic , although I’m not encouraging others to do the same , just my personal preference

FTFY

Winseer:
and johnny foreigner that don’t seem to have any speed limiters fitted at all.

Got your now customary ‘Johnny Foreigner’ dig in there I see. Well done. Must be so nice driving trucks in the only country in the world that runs legally