Parking on the m25

Counted 5 none English lorrys parked up on the hard shoulder[all under bridges]today ,all having their hours because curtains shut,this is getting more and more often and needs sorting because it is bang out of order and taking the ■■■■,why are they aloud to get away with it :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Lack of deterrent I’d guess.

illegally parked,as was shown on motorway police when a polish driver[I think polish]was asked to move on and the highways called police because he was brandishing a knife [the fact that he was cooking didn’t come into it]don’t know if anyone else remembers but he started crying

truckman020:
illegally parked,as was shown on motorway police when a polish driver[I think polish]was asked to move on and the highways called police because he was brandishing a knife [the fact that he was cooking didn’t come into it]don’t know if anyone else remembers but he started crying

And his trousers then fell down it was hilarious.

Found it on utube

youtube.com/watch?v=uqemucA0jLI&app=desktop

Thought I’d post it here.

youtu.be/uqemucA0jLI

We alal had a guy on here wondering why he was getting a load of abuse for being in the M25 “parking areas”.

Have a crackdown for a month and word will get round they have to cough up, otherwise it’s not really worth their time unless it’s dangerous.

The old bill are pulling loads on the M20 around the Kent area for parking up on the hard shoulder every night and extorting money from them. The coppers are saying they should plan their journeys better but maybe some of them are not willing to get back over to Calais or stay in Calais if coming over to the UK and risk having stowaways on board.
I don’t know ive never done Euro work but I find it’s ok the old Bill coming out with that when he doesn’t have to put up with the crap the drivers have to put up with. Plus to say that Kent is the gateway to Europe and is the first port of call for Euro drivers coming over here the parking situation is nothing short of a disgrace :unamused:

Well I was on the 25 on Tuesday stuck in the 2 hour tailback and there were loads (too many to count)of trucks parked on the hard shoulder not even under the bridges some English and some Foreign, what do you do if your 4.5 time or 6 hour spread over is up

dreamlands2001:
Well I was on the 25 on Tuesday stuck in the 2 hour tailback and there were loads (too many to count)of trucks parked on the hard shoulder not even under the bridges some English and some Foreign, what do you do if your 4.5 time or 6 hour spread over is up

Write a print out and carry on to the next safe place.

Or

If you do euro ork, park up on the shoulder and run the risk of a ticket

dreamlands2001:

The regulations do allow you to go to a suitable parking place is you’re run over your time due to unforeseen circumstances on the road, but the problem with Britain, and the South East in particular is where is the suitable parking, is especially if there is a problem on the roads and the one or 2 parking areas will be rammed full?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
The old bill are pulling loads on the M20 around the Kent area for parking up on the hard shoulder every night and extorting money from them.

They’re not extorting money from them. The drivers have broken the law.

The coppers are saying they should plan their journeys better but maybe some of them are not willing to get back over to Calais or stay in Calais if coming over to the UK and risk having stowaways on board.

The coppers are right, they should have planned their journey better. No excuse.

bubsy06:

truckman020:

And his trousers then fell down it was hilarious.

Found it on utube

youtube.com/watch?v=uqemucA0jLI&app=desktop

They usually try bawling and dropping trousers when russia/germany invade too .

Has never worked then either , but they keep trying , in the DNA .

Thank goodness we are now in an alliance with people of such calibre .

I understand the Kremlin often view this video and cry tears of neat vodka :" zee engleesh now dwop der trowzers fer deez crying foolz . ha HA ha ."

Conor:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
The old bill are pulling loads on the M20 around the Kent area for parking up on the hard shoulder every night and extorting money from them.

They’re not extorting money from them. The drivers have broken the law.

The coppers are saying they should plan their journeys better but maybe some of them are not willing to get back over to Calais or stay in Calais if coming over to the UK and risk having stowaways on board.

The coppers are right, they should have planned their journey better. No excuse.

No!it is extortion these drivers are stuck between a rock and a hard place,what a poxy attitude toward fellow drivers,all that is wrong with the job now,well done you.

muckles:

dreamlands2001:

The regulations do allow you to go to a suitable parking place is you’re run over your time due to unforeseen circumstances on the road, but the problem with Britain, and the South East in particular is where is the suitable parking, is especially if there is a problem on the roads and the one or 2 parking areas will be rammed full?

Yes they do in the UK but as soon as you get over the water you’ll have a lot of explaining to do. Personally I don’t see a problem taking a break on the hard shoulder. It’s not going to be out of choice and we must be the only country in Europe that has a lack of places to pull over into. The bridges under the m25 must be pretty safe, certainly that most lay-bys on the a12/13/34 etc.

F-reds:

dreamlands2001:

Write a print out and carry on to the next safe place.

Or

If you do euro ork, park up on the shoulder and run the risk of a ticket

Depends on where and what the nearest available parking place is , for drivers hours reg’s Hard shoulder , the other EU bullcrap nothing,crack on

Plambert:

muckles:

dreamlands2001:

Yes they do in the UK but as soon as you get over the water you’ll have a lot of explaining to do. Personally I don’t see a problem taking a break on the hard shoulder. It’s not going to be out of choice and we must be the only country in Europe that has a lack of places to pull over into. The bridges under the m25 must be pretty safe, certainly that most lay-bys on the a12/13/34 etc.

Questions will be asked once one of us lot or heaven forbid a bus or family in car runs off the m/way ands up their arse end :open_mouth: :frowning: ,then things might change…

Doylum:

Plambert:

muckles:

dreamlands2001:

Questions will be asked once one of us lot or heaven forbid a bus or family in car runs off the m/way ands up their arse end :open_mouth: :frowning: ,then things might change…

There are alway things that could happen. Surely, your logic would have most lay-bus shut on major trunk roads?

Doylum:

It happened on the M20 a few month ago, driver was killed when they ran into the back of a truck parked up, that’s when Kent Police decided to have a crack down. But this doesn’t tackle the problem of lack of parking in the South East and now the NIMBY’s who’ve complained about operation Stack are complaining about the proposed truck park. :unamused:

This temporary lorry park at Manston is ready to go but unused, they should be moved on to Manston or towed there if necessary, no money to pay the parking fee? then impounded until paid. Going out they should plan their journey better, like stopping at Scratchwood or the lorry park at Thurrock Industrial estate.

Plambert:

muckles:

dreamlands2001:

The Regulation applies across Europe, but I agree it’s a bit difficult to explain to some Spanish cop that you could find parking in the UK, when they’re sat on a near deserted motorway with a truck park every 10 miles, I always wonder how they make them pay.

And yes the layby’s on major trunk routes are not fit for the 21st century road network, should be replaced with fewer, but larger parking areas with proper slip roads.

There is plenty of room for a humongous lorry park under the cliffs immediately East of Dover port, there would be direct access to the dock as well. Currently between 75% and 90% of the freight traffic on the M20 to the east of the A249 is foreign registered, only a small percentage of this traffic is destined for Kent itself, so in the meantime the tunnel should be closed to freight for several months to give the foreign hauliers time to appreciate that there are other ports of entry to the UK. There would be an additional benefit in that other parts of the country would learn what it is like to have every stretch of grass alongside the road used as a lorry parking space and buried under a mountain of faeces.