Parking on the m25

muckles:

Doylum:
Questions will be asked once one of us lot or heaven forbid a bus or family in car runs off the m/way ands up their arse end :open_mouth: :frowning: ,then things might change…

It happened on the M20 a few month ago, driver was killed when they ran into the back of a truck parked up, that’s when Kent Police decided to have a crack down. But this doesn’t tackle the problem of lack of parking in the South East and now the NIMBY’s who’ve complained about operation Stack are complaining about the proposed truck park. :unamused:

So who"s at fault there then,the driver of the lorry parked up, or the driver of the vehicle that hits him up the arriss?

Suedehead:

muckles:

Doylum:
Questions will be asked once one of us lot or heaven forbid a bus or family in car runs off the m/way ands up their arse end :open_mouth: :frowning: ,then things might change…

It happened on the M20 a few month ago, driver was killed when they ran into the back of a truck parked up, that’s when Kent Police decided to have a crack down. But this doesn’t tackle the problem of lack of parking in the South East and now the NIMBY’s who’ve complained about operation Stack are complaining about the proposed truck park. :unamused:

So who"s at fault there then,the driver of the lorry parked up, or the driver of the vehicle that hits him up the arriss?

I understand your point, but as it’s illegal to park on the hard shoulder and it’s been a constant bone of contention with those around Kent, I think Kent Police felt they needed to have a crackdown on those parking on the hard shoulder,

But it doesn’t address the problem of HGV parking round Kent and people can’t say it’s because East European drivers don’t pay for parking as I’ve been turned away from both Ashford and Stop 24 Folkestone on a Friday night because they were full and both of those have barriers so you have to pay. I made it to Calais, but for the drivers not going that way looking for somewhere to park they have very few options.

Doylum:
Counted 5 none English lorrys parked up on the hard shoulder[all under bridges]today ,all having their hours because curtains shut,this is getting more and more often and needs sorting because it is bang out of order and taking the ■■■■,why are they aloud to get away with it :unamused: :smiling_imp:

If it is bothering you so much mate why don’t you join the Police. :bulb:

I usually make a judgement on these things by asking myself 3 questions.
As follows:

Is it having any effect on my life…NO

Is it really anything to do with me personally…NO

Have I got more important things to worry about in my life that actually do concern me…YES

Hope that helps. :unamused:

To anybody else that is getting all het up and menstrual about this :unamused: I suggest you vent your anger on those in this anti truck orientated ■■■■ hole of a country, and the arse wipes who run it, that can’t be arsed to provide adequate and suitable parking facilities for all nationalities of drivers as other countries do, but are more concerned with losing votes from the middle classes, instead of doing the job they are elected for…to serve the likes of US.
Not the poor bloody drivers that are trying their best under crap conditions concerning lack of parking, to avoid getting done when their records are checked in mainland Euro. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Ffs!! :unamused: :unamused:

robroy:
Not the poor bloody drivers that are trying their best under crap conditions concerning lack of parking

Do you not think the haulage, logistics & warehousing industry have got a lot to do and answer for rather than expecting someone else to ‘fix their problems’ ?

bobbya:
No!it is extortion these drivers are stuck between a rock and a hard place,what a poxy attitude toward fellow drivers,all that is wrong with the job now,well done you.

It isn’t extortion at all. If the drivers don’t want to stop at Calais and they know they’d be short of time on the UK side they could take a daily rest break a few hours before Calais then they could drive there non-stop, get on the ferry, take a 45 minute driving break and when on the UK would have a full 4.5hrs available as well as several hours daily driving and duty time available, possibly enough to make it to their UK drop where they could chance their arm for an early tip or take another daily rest period there.

PLENTY OF OTHER EUROPEAN DRIVERS MANAGE TO DO IT JUST FINE so what are they doing that these tossers aren’t? Thinking, engaging their brains and forward planning.

They cocked up their planning and as a result ended up breaking the law. Why should I give any allowances for stupid drivers like that?

speedyguy:

robroy:
Not the poor bloody drivers that are trying their best under crap conditions concerning lack of parking

Do you not think the haulage, logistics & warehousing industry have got a lot to do and answer for rather than expecting someone else to ‘fix their problems’ ?

How can the Haulage, logistics, & warehousing industry fix the UK parking problem exactly?
If they can. Hey, bring it on, I for one will be all for it, as somebody has to, it has hit an all time low over and including the last 20 years.

robroy:
How can the Haulage, logistics, & warehousing industry fix the UK parking problem exactly?
If they can. Hey, bring it on, I for one will be all for it, as somebody has to, it has hit an all time low over and including the last 20 years.

Provide sufficient onsite parking for the vehicles they’re expecting, make sure that the people building the industrial estates they’re planning on going on provide sufficient parking for visiting trucks, lobby the Department of Transport and local authorities.

speedyguy:

robroy:

Yes, But also National and local government policies that allow large distribution areas to be built, which by their very nature require road transport, but have no provision for for parking of HGV’s and in some cases actively move them on. And the NIMBY’s who block privately funded truck parks just off a major trunk route which have the backing of the Police and authorities, this happened on the A14 a few years ago.

Conor:

robroy:

Provide sufficient onsite parking for the vehicles they’re expecting, make sure that the people building the industrial estates they’re planning on going on provide sufficient parking for visiting trucks, lobby the Department of Transport and local authorities.

Ok then, like I said bring it on, I don’t really care who sorts out the problem, as long as it is sorted.
I realise hard shoulder parking is admittedly unsuitable, but so is lay by parking which appears to be first option for a lot of drivers (rather than absolute last resort in my case) if drivers were more vocal about it in the right directions, instead of making do, as in this way, things might get off the ground.
So yeh, any method any means.

F-reds:

dreamlands2001:
Well I was on the 25 on Tuesday stuck in the 2 hour tailback and there were loads (too many to count)of trucks parked on the hard shoulder not even under the bridges some English and some Foreign, what do you do if your 4.5 time or 6 hour spread over is up

Write a print out and carry on to the next safe place.

Or

If you do euro ork, park up on the shoulder and run the risk of a ticket

My two penny worth…
A print out when you go to Europe will be worthless and a fine will be levied if you get stopped I promise ! And because lots of the very poorly paid Eastern European driver do not get paid to use rip of Britain service they end up where they land, ie under a bridge.
Now I know it’s wrong and bad planning on the drivers behalf quite often , but if it’s their first visit a lack of facilities will have astounded them.
If you want to be part of Europe then ALL must chase UK govt. to get facilities improved for all.
If like me you want out of Europe the WE must chase UK govt. to get facilities improve for all. And cabotage rules changed drastically.

They cocked up their planning and as a result ended up breaking the law. Why should I give any allowances for stupid drivers like that?
[/quote]
possibly because they have normal euro tramping jobs don’t live and work in conorland or have hi viz cabbage braindead night trunks as the focal point of their weeks work. .are you actually such a myopic jobsworth that you actually have no idea of what its like coming across the water,or are you really just trying to see who bites at your usual condescending attitude outlook to other drivers? take a normal job on planet earth for a while before you comment such tragic pish about other drivers doing a normal job. anywhere else in Europe theres an abundance of parking on and off the motorways,in the uk there is basically none,even if you want to pay 20 or 30 quid a night for the privledge.theres should be ample parking at the ferry or train end of.no big deal in uk,but its a murder enquiry and a mega backhander fine when your pulled up for it abroad,hence the problem.but yuo would obviously know that… :unamused:

Funny how when i had a blow out on M25 the wombles were there in 10 minutes and said i had an hour to move or they would arrange a tow truck .

So its not parking on M25 thats my gripe …

Its the fact that english drivers are not allowed to and the cabbage soup brigade can do so with impunity .

cav551:
This temporary lorry park at Manston is ready to go but unused, they should be moved on to Manston or towed there if necessary, no money to pay the parking fee? then impounded until paid. Going out they should plan their journey better, like stopping at Scratchwood or the lorry park at Thurrock Industrial estate.

I agree with your sentiment but I say again no one would run out of time on the motorway. For the uninitiated leaving Manchester how are they going to know there are only two feasible parking places between Oxford and Ashford and past 9pm they’re both a waste of time. The lack of parking on both sides of the channel is having a devastating impact on those communities.

Robroy I agree with you 100% they wern’t bothering me so I just carried on (5mph lol) I was more bothered that I couldn’t pull over to have a smoke and a pee (well I could have but knowing my luck I’d be the one getting booked mid stream :laughing: :laughing: ) so I skipped the smoke, shut the curtains (no the traffic wasn’t moving anywhere at this moment) and got the bottle out :laughing: that alone was a relieve. :laughing: :laughing:

3 wheeler:
very poorly paid Eastern European driver

What about all these “very poorly paid” British lorry driver’s? Are they exempt from your theory?

Parking on the hard shoulder for a break is illegal. Full stop. So if we let a driver get away with it because there is a lack of parking etc etc, which laws do we let drivers get away with and which laws should be enforced?
They are blocking the hard shoulder for emergency vehicles.
English drivers who have a break on the hard shoulder because of congestion should know better. Ourselves and a paramedic car were trying to fight our way down a blocked hard shoulder to a driver having a heart attack in the heavy congestion. In the end we had to put a rolling block on the opposite c/way with another paramedic car and attend over the central crash barrier. Luckily, as far as I know, the driver survived. He was alive when he left in an ambulance but i’m sure the 10+ minute delay in getting to him didn’t help much.

extrucker:
Parking on the hard shoulder for a break is illegal. Full stop. So if we let a driver get away with it because there is a lack of parking etc etc, which laws do we let drivers get away with and which laws should be enforced?
English drivers who have a break on the hard shoulder because of congestion should know better. Ourselves and a paramedic car were trying to fight our way down a blocked hard shoulder to a driver having a heart attack in the heavy congestion. In the end we had to put a rolling block on the opposite c/way with another paramedic car and attend over the central crash barrier. Luckily, as far as I know, the driver survived. He was alive when he left in an ambulance but i’m sure the 10+ minute delay in getting to him didn’t help much.

Things happen. An 83 mother of a friend had to wait 2 hours for an ambulance in the middle of brackley, so things are never perfect! Being inconvenienced by a truck stopped on the hard shoulder is one of those things in an overcrowded island!

extrucker:

Nobody is disputing that it is illegal, it’s a fact.
My points were it has nothing to do with you, me, the o/p or his Auntie ■■■■ Mary, it is the job of the Police to sort it, so why have a go at one of the symptoms of the problem, have a go at the cause, it could be a lot more constructive.

Too many people today can not mind their own business for minding every ■■■■ er elses :unamused:

As for your example it was highly unfortunate but that is life, …■■■■ happens, you can not legislate for every possible scenario.

Stamper:

3 wheeler:
very poorly paid Eastern European driver

What about all these “very poorly paid” British lorry driver’s? Are they except from your theory?

:open_mouth: Yet another username, and spouting the same old one liner crap?
Mate, seriously like, why don’t you just go and ■■■■ off :bulb: