Has anybody noticed

…that on the M25, between the M3 interchange, and M23 interchange, there are lanes underneath the bridges, with chevrons and concrete barriers, being filled with foreign trucks with their curtains drawn obviously taking their daily rest period?

I often pass that way, and then come back about four or five hours later and see the same trucks still parked there.

Why on earth is this allowed? A fellow colleauge of mine once pulled off a sliproad, and took a fourty five minute break on the hard shoulder at the top of the sliproad because he ran out of time after trying a few service areas that were full at 2am. He had the police knocking on his cab door and yes, you guessed it, he got fined for it.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but as I understand it, the hard shoulder underneath these bridges is the hard shoulder and normal regulations apply.
So how do they get away with it?

Try taking fourty five on the sliproad out of Toddington and see what you get!

They should not get away with it
BUT

it is THE NORM in ITALY,

AND TO BE HONEST the UK is
the Pits AS REGARDS parking
there is not enough around and this
must be amended we need on the
motorways more PARKING which
means lay-bys like EUROPE;

Probably because its not a criminal offence, and its too much trouble to Nick em…language barriers etc etc…its only the british they nick cos they are easily traceable…and they wonder why i`m anti easternn bloc transport…sorry…
but it seems that its only these drivers/companies that flout the regulations…and thats why theres barriers put up at clackets, and foreign signs cos they used to park there too…

truckyboy:
Probably because its not a criminal offence, and its too much trouble to Nick em…language barriers etc etc…its only the british they nick cos they are easily traceable…and they wonder why i`m anti easternn bloc transport…sorry…
but it seems that its only these drivers/companies that flout the regulations…and thats why theres barriers put up at clackets, and foreign signs cos they used to park there too…

it might not be a criminal offence but the law states you can only stay parked on hard shoulder of motorway for max 2 hours in emergency then the police will have you towed to a safe place to be fixed or continue rest then they bill your company for there trouble :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

It’s not on, but…

…perhaps the plod’s view is that it’s the lesser of two evils.

Maybe as a quick parking fix, the last 100 yards and first 100 yards of a every slip could allowed as lorry waiting?

I’ll go away whilst you all pick holes in this :laughing:

Noticed that yesterday. The sign before these clearly states, emergency vehicles only.

They would be moved on in my area.Sorry ezydriver,but Toddington is my area.
Once had a foreign HGV parked in the Saunders recovery area just before J11.After waking him up and telling him he was blocking the recovery trucks in,he wouldn’t move,threats of getting the Police didn’t concern him.After saying he wasnt going to move,closing his door and his curtains,Saunders got a heavy wrecker.Once the Eastern European’s Scania was 3 foot off the ground on a wrecker,he changed his mind and decided to move to a more suitable location.

where have you been ezydriver did you not know the foreign truckers have free use of our roads and are above the law here

ezydriver:
…that on the M25, between the M3 interchange, and M23 interchange, there are lanes underneath the bridges, with chevrons and concrete barriers, being filled with foreign trucks with their curtains drawn obviously taking their daily rest period?

I often pass that way, and then come back about four or five hours later and see the same trucks still parked there.

Why on earth is this allowed? A fellow colleauge of mine once pulled off a sliproad, and took a fourty five minute break on the hard shoulder at the top of the sliproad because he ran out of time after trying a few service areas that were full at 2am. He had the police knocking on his cab door and yes, you guessed it, he got fined for it.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but as I understand it, the hard shoulder underneath these bridges is the hard shoulder and normal regulations apply.
So how do they get away with it?

Try taking fourty five on the sliproad out of Toddington and see what you get!

Nearly hir few Weeks ago a Adolf Ebner with Semperite Trailer whose Driver stood on the Hardshoulder of M2 having Courtain closed.
Not the safest Place to stay

brit pete:
They should not get away with it
BUT

it is THE NORM in ITALY,

AND TO BE HONEST the UK is
the Pits AS REGARDS parking
there is not enough around and this
must be amended we need on the
motorways more PARKING which
means lay-bys like EUROPE;

Yeah, like Germany.

But even there is hard to find a place even for a CAR sometimes, when I am travelling to Poland.

Lorries are parked everywhere - at both slip-lanes, at pavements, at disabled/coaches/car parks, at the grass…

Madness!!!

But i really miss this small parkings for few lorries and up to 15 cars with toilets which are very common in Germany, France, Benelux, Austria…

Only other country with so small number of parkings on the motorway is Turkey.

@ ,orys the BAB :A2 is the transit route for
traffic from East to West and yes the parking is
bad , but with planning one can get a parking area
where as in the UK that is really difficult,