M25 last night. Lovely to see

bald bloke:

James96:
I don’t understand why it bothers you and other people so much they are not causing a obstruction so what’s the problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because if I stop on the hard shoulder and pull the curtains I’ll soon attract the attention of dvsa or old bill and also it’s illegal did you not know that . :unamused:

I bet you could get away with it, I did 5 years of commuting from Essex to Kent and I rarely saw a Police or HATO patrol, the only time you did see them they were on their way to a job.

Punchy Dan:

simcor:
So came off M11 onto M25 to come off at 30/31 just before Dartford crossing. And between that stretch from j27 to j30/31 I saw at least 8 or 9 foreign registered trucks parked up under bridges or on hard shoulder all with curtains closed as usual.

Nothing unusual you might say, but on the way back up I did see a DVSA vehicles with one of them with his lights flashing and going to the drivers cab.

Hoping they had the lot of them and hope something decent was done about it. It’s against the law and we would not get away lightly with it so I hope they are all prosecuted to the extent the law allows.

It grinds my gears they do this thinking it is acceptable here and it’s time more was done about it.

So maybe just maybe a thumbs up to the DVSA guys that were there last night.

Let us know how you go on over the water one day [emoji38] you never know the circumstance of some of them being there ,we can’t all forward plan to the letter .

What’s that got to do with it?

You should try to drive your best and safely in any country.

I drove a truck all the way through Spain for the first time, I never side swiped any cars trying to overtake, or drove on the wrong side of the road, or parked on hard shoulder to take my breaks etc etc.

I am quite confident I could happily drive in almost any country to the best of my ability. Oh and I didn’t get fined for speeding or anything else like that, I also didn’t drive at 20 mph under the speed limits like a lot of foreign drivers do over here quite often as they haven’t got a clue what they are doing. Oh and had no issues at junctions or traffic lights or roundabouts like most competent driver should be able to do.

And yes it was a right hand drive truck.

That’s highly commendable ,let’s hope you keep it up :wink:

the maoster:
D’ya know what? I don’t care! I don’t care if some foreign trucker is taking his break on the hard shoulder, I don’t care if he’s seen to be “getting away with it”. I don’t drive on the hard shoulder any more than I dip into lay bys that I pass on A roads.

This problem is entirely the making of the authorities; they close or make unaffordable every single lorry park, they compound it with punitive fines for minor Tacho transgressions and then wonder why it all goes wrong.

Maosters top tip of the day; if it don’t affect you, don’t worry about it. Envy is a terrible trait.

trouble is chap it could effect you if you were involved in an accident on the motorway and emergency services could not get to you quick enough,or you could be trying to help an accident victim then slating the emergency guys for not getting there quick enough,and that person you are trying to help ends up dying at the scene all because of some selfish illegal parking from some euro driver when our emergency services cannot get by him/her

We’re not just restricted to accidents on motorways you know, some crazy fool once told me that we also have them on single carriageway roads too! Wonder how the emergency services get to them?

the maoster:
D’ya know what? I don’t care! I don’t care if some foreign trucker is taking his break on the hard shoulder, I don’t care if he’s seen to be “getting away with it”. I don’t drive on the hard shoulder any more than I dip into lay bys that I pass on A roads.

This problem is entirely the making of the authorities; they close or make unaffordable every single lorry park, they compound it with punitive fines for minor Tacho transgressions and then wonder why it all goes wrong.

Maosters top tip of the day; if it don’t affect you, don’t worry about it. Envy is a terrible trait.

I agree. There are too many wannabe policemen that are more interested in things that don’t concern them than they are in their own business. MYOFB is the appropriate acronym here, I believe.

Olog Hai:

the maoster:

I agree. There are too many wannabe policemen that are more interested in things that don’t concern them than they are in their own business. MYOFB is the appropriate acronym here, I believe.

There are enough accidents with traffic slipping on/off motorways on slip roads at clearly marked junctions without trucks slowing or accelerating at all points on a motorway. Some of the safety and ease of motorways is meant to be because all the traffic flows at similar speeds. Having people making speed changes all over the shop is not a good thing. I don`t care what nationality they are, anyone parked on the hard shoulder deserves a bust.
Not enough suitable parking in this country? Yes, true, but parking on the hard shoulder is not the answer.

the maoster:
We’re not just restricted to accidents on motorways you know, some crazy fool once told me that we also have them on single carriageway roads too! Wonder how the emergency services get to them?

Genius…

James96:
I don’t understand why it bothers you and other people so much

+1 me neither. I’m only concerned with how I do my job, not how others do theirs. If I got as wound up as some here seem to get at the sight of people flouting the law I’d join the DVSA or police.

I fully understand their reasons for doing so…when we drive in the uk, then get stuck in major traffic jams, then the tacho flashes up…take a break… we do pull into a services in the hope we can find a parking place…then do a print out and write our excuse as to why we`re late…these drivers could do the same…IF this practice was accepted across europe…it is not…they see you have driven over your hours, and fine you toute suite…and thats why they do it…we can blame our illustrious governments for not seeing before their eyes the chaotic lack of parking available in this country…they ciouldnt even say how many arrivals would enter the uk once the borders were opened…even though it was showing them boarding the buses before new years eve…on the day of reckoning…and now they are targeting laybyes in kent and fining them £300 for the privelage of obeying the laws they made in the first place…and all the authorities listened to the locals…about trucks blighting their villages…leaving their mess behind…when they never supplied bins to start with…and complained about the governments idea of building a 3000 space parking and facilities for HGVs in their local area, but with access via the motorway ( M20 ) we just cannot win…the Uk has now followed the rest of europe in implementing the no sleeping in your cab for a 45…as a vosa rep said on tv the other night…drivers should leave their vehicles for their weekly rest, and go to a hotel…fine…how does one find a bloody hotel, miles from where theyre allowed to park…at least on the continent there are hotels attached to the services…and the fact France and Belgium didnt like the trucks taking spaces in their services…they implemented this legislation without using their brain…as the trucks will still occupy places…in a hotel or not ■■? madness…discrimination against foreign hauliers…regardless of where they came from…that includes uk ones as well.

I fully understand their reasons for doing so…when we drive in the uk, then get stuck in major traffic jams, then the tacho flashes up…take a break… we do pull into a services in the hope we can find a parking place…then do a print out and write our excuse as to why we`re late…these drivers could do the same…IF this practice was accepted across europe…it is not…they see you have driven over your hours, and fine you toute suite…and thats why they do it…we can blame our illustrious governments for not seeing before their eyes the chaotic lack of parking available in this country…they ciouldnt even say how many arrivals would enter the uk once the borders were opened…even though it was showing them boarding the buses before new years eve…on the day of reckoning…and now they are targeting laybyes in kent and fining them £300 for the privelage of obeying the laws they made in the first place…and all the authorities listened to the locals…about trucks blighting their villages…leaving their mess behind…when they never supplied bins to start with…and complained about the governments idea of building a 3000 space parking and facilities for HGVs in their local area, but with access via the motorway ( M20 ) we just cannot win…the Uk has now followed the rest of europe in implementing the no sleeping in your cab for a 45…as a vosa rep said on tv the other night…drivers should leave their vehicles for their weekly rest, and go to a hotel…fine…how does one find a bloody hotel, miles from where theyre allowed to park…at least on the continent there are hotels attached to the services…and the fact France and Belgium didnt like the trucks taking spaces in their services…they implemented this legislation without using their brain…as the trucks will still occupy places…in a hotel or not ■■? madness…discrimination against foreign hauliers…regardless of where they came from…that includes uk ones as well.

New York, New York so good they named it thrice. Nah, that’s not gonna work.

msgyorkie:

the maoster:

Its not envy. These pricks will be blocking the emergency services if there was an accident further down the road.
How would you feel if you lost a loved one because the ambulance couldn’t get there quick enough all because of foreigners blatant disregard of the law. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s not envy if the authorities continually “Make allowances” and “Look the other way” when it comes to traffic offences, fine dodging, and tax evasion caused by “Incoming” drivers that we’re obliged to accept under Eurowide legislation… FFS Much of the reason for coming out of the EU dictatorship is to level the playing field, and start evenly enforcing our own laws again. If you break the law - you get done. We don’t need new laws, just the ones we’ve already got being enforced properly.

When I see someone “getting away with it” I don’t envy them as such. I DO lament the fact that their actions directly lead to stagnant pay in our industry, perpetuated by this continual “making allowances” by our authorities. If I were on £50ph and those sleeping under bridges were not - we wouldn’t be having this argument - right? Thus, it’s all about widening the differential in pay instead of narrowing it - as the Euro Authorities would have it.

Whilst I’m on the subject - how about enforcing Minimum Wages upon anyone in this country for more than 24 hours? There wouldn’t be so many Cheapovia haulage firms keen to send their drivers across to Blighty - IF they had to pay those same drivers the UK minimum wage for performing over half of their so-called “Maximum 48 hour week” within our borders… :bulb:

The good old British lorry drivers chip on the shoulder is as big as ever I see. ‘Poor us we’re so hard done by, those nasty foreigners run day and night and get away with it and we can’t get away with anything’…regardless of the fact most of you have probably never been stopped in a roadside check much less get fined for anything. No they shouldn’t be parking on the hard shoulder but nor should our crappy unsecured motorway services charge £30 to park in a pool of ■■■■ either. I can only imagine that a sizeable number of these lads hearts sink when given a run to the UK. I know mine would.

Winseer:
Whilst I’m on the subject - how about enforcing Minimum Wages upon anyone in this country for more than 24 hours? There wouldn’t be so many Cheapovia haulage firms keen to send their drivers across to Blighty - IF they had to pay those same drivers the UK minimum wage for performing over half of their so-called “Maximum 48 hour week” within our borders… :bulb:

Already being enforced in Germany. A country many of them will have to transit to get here

They come over here taking our jobs and putting our NHS into near collapse, one thing they are not doing is taking up our parking spots. Good on them they won’t pay £30 to park, that’s reserved for us Brits!!!

Speak for yourself.
I pay nothing to park.

simcor:

James96:
I don’t understand why it bothers you and other people so much they are not causing a obstruction so what’s the problem with it

Are you for real?

It is illegal to stop on the hard shoulder in the UK is it not except for an emergency?

They are causing an obstruction in the event of an accident by blocking the hard shoulder which may be needed to be used by the emergency services.

By being parked there they are a danger to themselves and others.

But hey it’s OK it’s doesn’t affect me or you so let’s just let them crack on with it.

It annoys me cause you know full well if I decided to take a break on the hard shoulder whether a 45 min or a 45 weekly then I’m pretty sure I’d have a visit from the police and be prosecuted for it.

It annoys me we have people from other countries come over here and don’t even try to understand the laws over here and think “I don’t understand” is an excusable defence.

Being an idiot is not a defence at all, it is quite simply glaring obvious to anyone with eyes that you cannot stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway to anyone holding a [zb] driving licence.

As you can see everyone stops to take a leak, answer the phone, change the baby, have a picnic etc etc on the hard shoulders on motorways all day every day.

Action needs to happen to stop this sort of behaviour happening whether it’s a foreigner or someone equally as bad here.

Have a rant and stress your self out about the UK registered trucks that have their 9 hours off on the hard shoulder on the exit slip road out of strensham services south every night, its not just jonny doing it.
I agree with some of the posters, it has nothing to do with you what others are doing, you should just worry about yourself out there because no one else is.

weeto:

simcor:

James96:

Are you for real?

It is illegal to stop on the hard shoulder in the UK is it not except for an emergency?

They are causing an obstruction in the event of an accident by blocking the hard shoulder which may be needed to be used by the emergency services.

By being parked there they are a danger to themselves and others.

But hey it’s OK it’s doesn’t affect me or you so let’s just let them crack on with it.

It annoys me cause you know full well if I decided to take a break on the hard shoulder whether a 45 min or a 45 weekly then I’m pretty sure I’d have a visit from the police and be prosecuted for it.

It annoys me we have people from other countries come over here and don’t even try to understand the laws over here and think “I don’t understand” is an excusable defence.

Being an idiot is not a defence at all, it is quite simply glaring obvious to anyone with eyes that you cannot stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway to anyone holding a [zb] driving licence.

As you can see everyone stops to take a leak, answer the phone, change the baby, have a picnic etc etc on the hard shoulders on motorways all day every day.

Action needs to happen to stop this sort of behaviour happening whether it’s a foreigner or someone equally as bad here.

Have a rant and stress your self out about the UK registered trucks that have their 9 hours off on the hard shoulder on the exit slip road out of strensham services south every night, its not just jonny doing it.
I agree with some of the posters, it has nothing to do with you what others are doing, you should just worry about yourself out there because no one else is.

I’m not stressed by it at all and not ranting it’s called having a discussion about something.

Yes I do agree we have plenty of our own muppets that are unable to plan their day and leave them enough time to find a suitable place to park up for the night. That is wholly the drivers responsibility and fault.

Having said that a few trucks on the slip road hard shoulder is marginally better I suppose but still they should also be ticketed for doing so.