Looking for fiat 619

looking for Fiat 619 tractor unit 1973 to 1975 as a restoration project. anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. or Volvo LHD 240 from around same time. 4 x 2 tractor units would be best.

im sure i saw one in this months classic commercials,it was a fiat artic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks dreva, will take a look regards Terry

Loved the 619 with those strange Trilex wheels, how come they had them?

agriaffaires.co.uk/used/truc … t/619.html

Not the right year, but might be worth looking back…

thanks harry interesting, but actually would prefer 4 x 2 tractor unit. regards Terry

Who’s colours will you be restoring it in?

I should imagine Italy or South America would bring fruition.

thanks KW already trying them…Chapman & Ball hopefully. i worked for them for quite a while thanks again merry christmas regards Terry.

Terry,
I drove most of C & B’s motors while I was there,especially the FIAT 619 and the F88 left ■■■■■■.
For some unknown reason,I seem to have no pics of my 2 years on there!

I did a search, this was the best I came up with :wink:

Yay a rusty bucket… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Might want to try The South of Italy for a Fix It Again Tomorrow/Tony Chap…

Hi boys
Terry guess what Santa brought me, one of the new Corgi models of Robert Dodds-Browns 110 in C and B’s colours. It’s brought back so many memories and looks exactly like our 110 did but with a sleeper cab. I hope your search for a Fiat go’s well so we can see it on the rally scene.

All the best to everyone for the new year

Regards Keith

Daft reply but what about a unic. basically the same all but the badge. plenty in France. the iveco dealer just after the total garage at (remind me of the town name someone please) just before lux. not far from transalliances place just out side lux. scania dealer and iveco more or less next door to each other. saw it there when i was last on the road 6 years ago and still there 4 weeks ago when i passed on my way back from Italy in the car.

thanks all for the feedback will try them , apart from the tin can. most reliable truck on long haul i have ever had. 2 years and only had a split fuel fiter. bestbootees, i have a pic of LRF 965 P on for Morgan freight. I think this is one you had at Chapman & Ball. i had SVT 385 N identical motor. before having the volvo,s and the one trip Mack Merry Christmas to all regards Terry

Hello desert driver SNAP. almost perfect copy apart from not spread axle and tilt too high and if i remember right, sideboards on trailer were lettered IRAN-- IRAQ-- JORDAN --SAUDIA ARABIA–QATAR. merry xmas let you know how the search is going regards terry

r slicker:
Daft reply but what about a unic. basically the same all but the badge. plenty in France. the iveco dealer just after the total garage at (remind me of the town name someone please) just before lux. not far from transalliances place just out side lux.

Metz / Thionville area.
If you need a lift there to pick one up just let me know we go there near daily.

Ben9:

r slicker:
Daft reply but what about a unic. basically the same all but the badge. plenty in France. the iveco dealer just after the total garage at (remind me of the town name someone please) just before lux. not far from transalliances place just out side lux.

Metz / Thionville area.
If you need a lift there to pick one up just let me know we go there near daily.

cheers ben. saved me attacking my brain cell :smiley:

as you pass the iveco garage look to the right of the workshops. its a unic same spec etc as a fiat just a different name.

thanks ben9, will contact them early new year. then get in touch you if any favourable outcome, thanks again regards terry

Hi boys
Terry this wouldn’t be the one you are looking for would it

And do you know who the driver on the left is he was driving it.
the one on the right I think was Gilbert ? used to drive for Comart if I remember correctly

Sorry the photos are not great as they are copied from Destination Doha hope no one minds
Regards Keith

hi keith, i know the guy on the left but cannot think of his name but the guy with the glasses is an old mate of mine Gilbert Harding, he also worked for Chapman & Ball at the same time as i did. very nice bloke. met him en-route a few times and had the crack cheers for them pics very very few C & B pics to be had anywhere have a nice xmas thanks and regards Terry