Looking for fiat 619

top cat leek:
i had SVT 385 N identical motor. before having the volvo,s and the one trip Mack Merry Christmas to all regards Terry

Here you go Terry; Presume these were snapped brand new at the Fiat dealer, awaiting delivery :smiley:

top cat leek:
Hello desert driver SNAP. almost perfect copy apart from not spread axle and tilt too high and if i remember right, sideboards on trailer were lettered IRAN-- IRAQ-- JORDAN --SAUDIA ARABIA–QATAR. merry xmas let you know how the search is going regards terry

Hi Terry and Keith;
I was involved with the research and design of the model, but sadly I could not pursuade Corgi to “spend a little more money” and get the detail spot on, hense the model has the wrong axle layout and they would not do a new tooling for a Kangaroo trailer as I requested, that is the way they keep the price down. It’s a generic height tilt which they will use for other liveries. Nevertheless, it’s a very good representation of Dodds’ys truck;

good morning truckerash, thank you so much for the Fiat pics thats exactly what i will need for getting the livery correct. you are a diamond, with regards to the Corgi model others had been pointing those details, i think Doddsy should be very proud of having a very good copy of a great looking truck with such a brilliant livery. congratulations to you and to corgi.if you have any more C & B pics that may help me i will be very greatfull, thanks again and Happy New Year to you. regards Terry

top cat leek:
good morning truckerash, with regards to the Corgi model others had been pointing those details, i think Doddsy should be very proud of having a very good copy of a great looking truck with such a brilliant livery. congratulations to you and to corgi.Terry

I’m seeing Doddsy tomorrow. I’ll post a couple of pics of him grinning like a cheshire cat and posing with his model, which by the way; he hasnt seen yet :smiley:

truckerash:

top cat leek:
i had SVT 385 N identical motor. before having the volvo,s and the one trip Mack Merry Christmas to all regards Terry

Here you go Terry; Presume these were snapped brand new at the Fiat dealer, awaiting delivery :smiley:

I was nightshift workshop foreman at Commercial Engineers at the time C & B’s started buying these motors.

dessert driver:
And do you know who the driver on the left is he was driving it.
the one on the right I think was Gilbert ? used to drive for Comart if I remember correctly

Sorry the photos are not great as they are copied from Destination Doha hope no one minds
Regards Keith

The guy on the left is Sam Costa.
He is still around,I last saw him at the reunion a couple of years ago where I also met Gilbert Harding’s son.

hI boys
we came across Gilbert on the way back from Bagdad and run part way back with him. He was like many out there in that he liked to do his own thing He would suddenly pull up and say I need a couple of hours kip I will catch you up, which he always did.A great chap.
Ian at it’s peak how many Fiats did C and B run. I know there was a few subbies with them.

Regards Keith.

how could i not recognise Sammy Costa.ran with him a fer times, and years later, i sub-contracted some Italian work from him for a while when i had my own trucks. cheers Ian happy new year to all. regards Terry

truckerash:

top cat leek:
good morning truckerash, with regards to the Corgi model others had been pointing those details, i think Doddsy should be very proud of having a very good copy of a great looking truck with such a brilliant livery. congratulations to you and to corgi.Terry

I’m seeing Doddsy tomorrow. I’ll post a couple of pics of him grinning like a cheshire cat and posing with his model, which by the way; he hasnt seen yet :smiley:

Presented Dodsy with his model and he was “suitably impressed”.
Took a couple of pics of him and posted on the “CORGI’S LATEST MODEL - A MIDDLE EAST CRACKER” thread.
If anyone wants a laugh…I mean a look, feel free :laughing: