Searching for our first wagons!

Hi All,
Im running out of ideas as to where I can hopefully locate my fathers 1st tractor units. It is coming up to our 30th year in business & I am looking to locate with a view to purchase back, restore & show. If anybody has any information/ pictures/ anything on these then please let me know. They would have been operated from the Wigan, Lancashire area by Armstrong’s.

All Scania 111
UHE 212S
YKU 192T
ADT 23T
YKW 231T

Fingers crossed somebody has something!
Sam :unamused:

Hi have you tried rushgreens? they have hundreds on lorries of that age might be worth a try.
rushgreenmotors.com/home.htm
dont email them as they never reply to emails but here is there number if you wanna ring them
01438 354174
hope this helps some and best of luck and keep us posted on how you get on :smiley:

also i just did a reg check on DVLA and here is some good news

UHE 212S is still registered as in the UK not scraped but last taxed 1 July 1986 colour Blue
YKU 192T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 1 May 1982 colour Black
ADT 23T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 30 April 1992 colour Red
YKW 231T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 1 July 1996 colour Red

but if you wright to DVLA asking for the address of the last owner and telling them why you are asking IE “wanting to buy it back” they should give you the details of the last owner

Hiya…sorry to say don’t bother with Rush green.i,ve been there stacks of times and only ever saw one F88 and a couple of 86,s
a couple of F7,…the man you needed was Pat Duffy but he died only a couple of months back in a accident, Pat was THE Scania
man, if he never owned it he would know who did.give the question a little time someone will come up saying they drove or owned
it. Bubble man is perhaps looking through his bible of trucks at the moment searching for a photo… the Scania export
market was very strong a few years back maybe it went to Africa i’ve seen many a load of lorries bound for the docks stacked up
on trailers…
good luck John

theroadrunner:
Hi have you tried rushgreens? they have hundreds on lorries of that age might be worth a try.
rushgreenmotors.com/home.htm
dont email them as they never reply to emails but here is there number if you wanna ring them
01438 354174
hope this helps some and best of luck and keep us posted on how you get on :smiley:

also i just did a reg check on DVLA and here is some good news

UHE 212S is still registered as in the UK not scraped but last taxed 1 July 1986 colour Blue
YKU 192T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 1 May 1982 colour Black
ADT 23T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 30 April 1992 colour Red
YKW 231T is still registered as in the UK not scraped last taxed 1 July 1996 colour Red

but if you wright to DVLA asking for the address of the last owner and telling them why you are asking IE “wanting to buy it back” they should give you the details of the last owner

Didn’t check the others but what it says is

Date of Liability 01 07 1986
Date of First Registration 01 08 1978
Year of Manufacture 1978
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 99999cc
COâ‚‚ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type HEAVY OIL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

This doesn’t mean its not scrapped the liability means it ran OUT of tax. also its not showing on the Insurance register so I would think its gone .

Sorry to give u bad news but the DVLA will give u jack s h t as the the current location of a vehicle that has not been scrapped,I tried to trace a Volvo I owned for over 17years ,they said give us £5.00 and we will post u the information,but you have to give solid reasons for wanting the information ,I did as I also wanted to breath life back into the old girl,but after having paid road tax and gone through years of MOT’s they wrote back sending me my £5.00 and said I never ever owned the vehicle,shock horror so I rang them and asked for 17 years road fund licence rebate ,as according to their records I never owned the vehicle, I then asked who owned the vehicle they replied we cant give out that information on the phone you have to write in pay £5.00 I said I did that ,the stupid ■■■■■■■ the phone thought I was a crank and put the phone down, so I rang again and had the same response, I did however get a better response from the RHA,who said they would try, but at this point of time they have had no luck, I wish u well and hope you find the trucks if you do send me a PM
Cheers Roger

nick2008:
This doesn’t mean its not scrapped the liability means it ran OUT of tax. also its not showing on the Insurance register so I would think its gone .

but if you call them and ask they say that it will tell you if its been scraped or exported on the checker and it dosent say anything about it being scrapped and the export maker says no meaning its not been exported eather??

Loose-wire:
Sorry to give u bad news but the DVLA will give u jack s h t as the the current location of a vehicle that has not been scrapped,I tried to trace a Volvo I owned for over 17years ,they said give us £5.00 and we will post u the information,but you have to give solid reasons for wanting the information ,I did as I also wanted to breath life back into the old girl,but after having paid road tax and gone through years of MOT’s they wrote back sending me my £5.00 and said I never ever owned the vehicle,shock horror so I rang them and asked for 17 years road fund licence rebate ,as according to their records I never owned the vehicle, I then asked who owned the vehicle they replied we cant give out that information on the phone you have to write in pay £5.00 I said I did that ,the stupid ■■■■■■■ the phone thought I was a crank and put the phone down, so I rang again and had the same response, I did however get a better response from the RHA,who said they would try, but at this point of time they have had no luck, I wish u well and hope you find the trucks if you do send me a PM
Cheers Roger

see thats strange as i managed to find my old 4 wheeler via dvla??!!■■!! took about 4 weeks for them to wright back to me with the info

I have just put all 4 registrations into www.mycarcheck.com and they all come back "no record "

Hi Theroadrunner, yes looks like you had more luck than me but did they have a record that you at sometime owned the vehicle my problem was they had no record of my truck being owned by me.I will still try but hope is dwindling fast ,and so am I to be in any fit state to make any repairs,
still I could delligate and sit in a chair and crack a whip :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Roger