I would of sacked him

Just wondering, if he is so devout in his faith… does he refuse to work Sundays etc.
I would have thought that was part of a bus drivers job.

Its not quite that simple del. A Christian would have a job arguing that they need the whole of Sunday off, but an employer would have a job justifying not allowing a Christian to attend a church service (unpaid) because of work commitments. Its usually the morning service because of communion. Some evening services do not preform communion.

David H:
Its not quite that simple del. A Christian would have a job arguing that they need the whole of Sunday off, but an employer would have a job justifying not allowing a Christian to attend a church service (unpaid) because of work commitments. Its usually the morning service because of communion. Some evening services do not preform communion.

Proverb 22:4 -
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Seems inappropriate as it is a Proverb as opposed to the root command of God. Better would be Commandment 3 -

'You shall not take the name of YHWH in vain.

In view of working on the Sabbath the Commandments state -

You shall not break the Sabbath

Therefore, to the devout; as this man claims to be,any working on the Sabbath irrespective of his employers wishes is an affront to God.

The Ten Commandments are as simple a guidline of moral behaviour as there is, nothing complicated in them. They are the root word of God and not open to interpretation.

The main issue in any faith is when the lay person takes it upon themselves to re-interpret something they hold sacred. Simple answer is - if you are not able to conform to the basic tenets of a faith; then that faith, whatever it is, becomes null and void.

I chose a proverb because a number of the people posting on this thread don’t believe so they would probably ignore a commandment from God.

A devout Christian would have to produce proof of their faith not to work Sundays, proof usually being a letter from the Head of their Church attesting to the persons faith. It then falls down to reasonableness regarding the employer believing the depth of the persons faith.

I worked with a devout Christian. He attended the morning service then came to work and spread the Gospel. I’d be worse off if he’d chosen to stay at home!

If someone said to me that they couldn’t work because of some religious belief.
Then they’d be told to [zb] off.

The book of genesis was misspelled. it should have been the book of GENOCIDE.
Genocide and religion have always work well together, Whereas GOD and PEACE have never work well with religion.

Your saved because no-one’s asking you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If someone said to me that they couldn’t work because of some religious belief.
Then they’d be told to [zb] off.

only once. :unamused:

Your saved because no-one’s asking you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its a good job jesus dont come back at easter no ■■■■■■ seems to know when it is it moves every year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If Jesus saves! How much has he got now and can he lend me any? :laughing: :laughing:

David H:
I chose a proverb because a number of the people posting on this thread don’t believe so they would probably ignore a commandment from God.

A devout Christian would have to produce proof of their faith not to work Sundays, proof usually being a letter from the Head of their Church attesting to the persons faith. It then falls down to reasonableness regarding the employer believing the depth of the persons faith.

I worked with a devout Christian. He attended the morning service then came to work and spread the Gospel. I’d be worse off if he’d chosen to stay at home!

I can appreciate that balancing one’s faith with the secular world is never easy, but then having a faith is by its nature a test of will.

As to Sunday working especially re. the comment of spreading the gospel; I would have thought that the person concerned would have tithed that days earnings to his church in respect of the Sabbath. That would have served his faith in a truely Christian way perhaps.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

After a killer saturday shift that was extended by having to rescue a broken down driver I was finishing at 0000 to be told I was due back in at 0900 on the sunday morning. To which I replied was a bit early on the Sabbath. Manager’s reply was that the Sabbath doesn’t count in here. So I tongue in cheek asked about Eid which was coming up and was told that having a day off for Eid was ok if it was booked as holiday but that having a sabbath once a week was greedy. I thought it was all highly hilarious but still had to put up with the nine hour turnaround.

tofer:
After a killer saturday shift that was extended by having to rescue a broken down driver I was finishing at 0000 to be told I was due back in at 0900 on the sunday morning. To which I replied was a bit early on the Sabbath. Manager’s reply was that the Sabbath doesn’t count in here. So I tongue in cheek asked about Eid which was coming up and was told that having a day off for Eid was ok if it was booked as holiday but that having a sabbath once a week was greedy. I thought it was all highly hilarious but still had to put up with the nine hour turnaround.

Hear what your saying but…

Having Eid off is the same as having Christmas Day off. Whereas Sunday being the Christian Sabbath equates to Friday for Muslims. I’m sure they dont have every Friday off just as Christians dont have Sunday off :slight_smile:

I know, i was just aggrieved at the nine hour turnaround as its an hour each way for me to work and back, and we don’t know we’re born as our runs are scheduled to give you twelve hours off, unless unforseen circumstances arise.

jammymutt:
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Hampshire | Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

Gross misconduct on the ground of religious beliefs interfering with your job.

P45 for Mr Heather what a [zb] idiot I wonder if he works on Sundays?.

The title should read ‘I would HAVE sacked him’ but you continue to wallow in your ignorance while poking fun at someone with real beliefs and I am sure you will feel a lot better.

Is shagging on a sunday classed as working on the sabbeth■■? :laughing:

limeyphil:

I doubt it as there is a ruling saying ‘go forth and multiply’

It doesn’t say what day
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

limeyphil:

No on that one!!!

I think you will find that the sabbeth is actually saturday

After reading this thread it does seem so much easier to be an athiest.

Did anyone see a recent discussion invloving Esther Rantzen about the troubles in this world where she said something like - scrapping all religion would solve a lot of problems - interesting as it does seem that most wars are religious based…

Proverb 22:4 -
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Why would you fear something that you believe in? :confused: :confused:

Stan