I would of sacked him

Allah and God are one and the same.

Due to an equality thing between prodestants and catholics in northern ireland i was asked to sign a government form regarding my faith.
I didn’t bother at first, because i think religion is stupid and it shouldn’t play a part at work as it dosn’t make a profit. “although like delboy said there is something in the bible about the book of profits”.
So after much hassle i signed it as a budihist. :laughing:

tofer:
Allah and God are one and the same.

You mean neither one of them exists? :laughing:

alamcculloch:
What if the ad. read THERE IS PROBABLY NO ALLAH.

The fact is it didnt, with good reason…
The advert is being placed by the Humanists who are (for want of a better phrase) a ‘sect’ of Atheism. To them the concept of ‘God’ in whatever form is an anathema.

Previously in this thread I said ‘In fact Muslims, Jews and Christians believe in the same God as they are all Abrahamic in origin. So this advert put out by the Humanists would insult them all’; which is absolutely true in a sense.

The term ‘God’ is a generic name as opposed to a formal one. For the Jews it is forbidden to write it in full hence their use of ‘G*D’. However they do name God, as Jehovah or Jahweh (JHVH), the very same name used by Christians and the Aramaic variant of Allah. The Children of Abraham (Jews, Moslems and Christians) believe that there are 999 variants on the name of God depending upon its manifestation at any time.

I am suprised that you, as a Seven Day Adventist, would choose to post a reply that is in itself inflammatory against your own God.

The problem we have with these three main Abrahamic faiths and there innumerable offshoots is that whilst the clergy ‘at the top’ understand the relationship of those faiths, the lay people do not. This is purely down to each group wanting to be ‘better’ than anyone else.

When this advert was proposed the Humanists spoke to the three faiths most likely to complain. It was explained that the advert was not intended to be an outright denial of God (anyones) but to put into perspective the desire of some people to ‘do nothing’ with their lives as they waited for God to bail them out.

Personally I do not see that as a bad thing, if it promotes someone to think upon their faith and the way they use it - then well and good.

So, in summation; to ask the question ‘what if it was Allah’ is a moot point because this was not intended as an attack upon anyones faith, but as a reminder that our unique lives are drawn by a destiny that we must take part in solely because we are the cause of our own tomorrows. Therefore, waiting for God is not an option.

Whilst it is not something that I choose to post on I am a member of United Communities of Spirit, the Global Resonance Network, the Interspirit Foundation and the World Interfaith Congress. In my roles there I offer voluntary service to negotiate between various faiths to stop the types of misunderstandings occasionally posted on here.

I hope this helps to clarify some of the issues.

Theological debate on the pages of Trucknet :laughing: I believe otherwise, as do two billion other christians and nearly as many muslims, plus all the other religions. I’m sure there are many more people who don’t believe, don’t get me wrong, I rarely attend church or pray, have no problem with ■■■ outside marriage, homosexuality, working on Sundays etc but I do believe God exists and try to live a good life, treat people how you would like to be treated etc. The faith gives me something to hold onto when things are looking bleak. If people don’t need or want that then fair enough, but I’m glad I’ve got it.

tofer:
Theological debate on the pages of Trucknet :laughing: I believe otherwise, as do two billion other christians and nearly as many muslims, plus all the other religions. I’m sure there are many more people who don’t believe, don’t get me wrong, I rarely attend church or pray, have no problem with ■■■ outside marriage, homosexuality, working on Sundays etc but I do believe God exists and try to live a good life, treat people how you would like to be treated etc. The faith gives me something to hold onto when things are looking bleak. If people don’t need or want that then fair enough, but I’m glad I’ve got it.

As I do, although I am technically a Pagan. That you have a faith is not in question; nor that you choose to live by it. All this is about is that an Atheist branch chose to take out an advert in response to their belief. They deliberately phrased it so as to not insult or inflame. As I said, it wasn’t aimed at everyone, but at those people who deny their role in their own life i.e. blaming/praising God for whatever happens without accepting they have a choice.

:slight_smile:

Sorry Why reg, I was compiling while you were posting. :laughing:

tofer:
Sorry Why reg, I was compiling while you were posting. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

alamcculloch:

KABOOOOM.

Bus gone = problem solved.

I would of sacked him

He’s paid to drive the bus he knew this when he started :confused:
His personal life should be left at home
What next Mr X won’t drive t___os truck coz its got a picture of Danish bacon on the side :laughing:

the maoster:

alamcculloch:

KABOOOOM.

Bus gone = problem solved.

p!ss funny :laughing: :laughing:

stevie

Can I have this advert on my lorry, please?:slight_smile:

Jesus lives …and so does His - and Our Father.

End-of (…a sort of ‘Amen’ in the old language)

Happy Keith:

My dad’s dead.

he was on 5 live last week. The agreement he reached with his firm was that they would try to put the affected buses on other routes; but if there was no other bus available to drive then he would drive it. iirc he’d only had to drive 3 or 4 of them over a couple of weeks.

Happy Keith:

And that’s all about chance for discussion with religious people :slight_smile:

alamcculloch:

The ad reads:-

THERE’S PROBABLY NO GOD.
NOW STOP WORRYING AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

So you could substitute anything into the first line, it’s the line underline which gives the message that it doesn’t matter which religious beliefs you have you should just get on with your life.

But some folk put so much stock in their faith that they allow it to interfere with their life.

I think it’s a superb advert which shows the believers in their true colours: -

“we have the right to say what we want regarding religion, but don’t anyone dare to even contemplate that god doesn’t exist.”

Stan

I dont think thats the case Stan. If you want to say God doesn’t exist then thats fine by me. It won’t change what I believe.

I don’t want to change what you believe in tofer - you believe in whatever you wish.

It’s just that as soon as an advert is posted saying there’s probably no god the god botherers jump up and down screaming “you can’t say that - we know better”.

Stan

Proverbs 22:4

I would not drive the bus either. A fool thought up the slogan.