I would of sacked him

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hamp … 832647.stm

Gross misconduct on the ground of religious beliefs interfering with your job.

P45 for Mr Heather what a ■■■■■■■ idiot I wonder if he works on Sundays?.

he is well within his rights.

he is a christian and doesnt want to spread the athiest message.
i wont go into my own beliefs,they are not very strong anyway.
it wouldnt bother me driving with that message on board
if it were a muslim,
he would declare jihad and call the racist card into play.
if all the easterner can call the tune,whats wrong with an englishman in his own christian country calling it.
i dont understand the logic behind these advertisments anyway.
they must cost a lot to put on the buses nationally.
what are the advertisers hoping to make out of it.
you dont see the protestant or catholic church advertising on buses.

He’s just another typical religeous moron.

It appears to have been dealt with quite quickly in house.
I think the same athiest lot should do another advert saying “There is no ALLAH”.
I bet that one won’t get sorted in house so quickly. :laughing:

There is no place in this world for these people, Whatever faith they are.
And yes he should be sacked.

hey muslims moan about having to work with beer meat etc and get away with it why shouldnt he aswell??
the diff is most muslims take a job knowing they will be touching boxes beer meat etc, he didnt know what was going ont he side of the bus… faior play to him…:slight_smile:

Muslims believe in a god too so it probably would have the same effect on them.

In fact Muslims, Jews and Christians believe in the same God as they are all Abrahamic in origin. So this advert put out by the Humanists would insult them all.

However, it doesn’t say there is no god, it says there may or may not be, a big difference. It is intended to provoke debate, and to teach people that waiting for god to sort things out is a bad move.

As to the driver, he is a man of his conviction so fair play to him. However, in choosing to do what he has done simply shows he has failed to understand what the advert is ‘asking’.

What a numptie!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will die fighting for your right to say it?

Good on him everyday we hear about sheiks won’t do this and muslims can’t do that it’s about time british christians stood up for their beliefs.
Ps I’m aithiest but I’ll defend his right to stand by his beliefs.

Slightly off topic I know but, I was at Hebburn RAOB Club last night with the wife, and a couple sitting on the next table got on chatting about their experience at church on Sunday gone.

No Collection plate but instead the vicar was handing out envelopes, when the woman asked the vicar what they were for he replied, It’s for you to put 10% of your husbands wages into. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Shocked she says she replied with, and will you pay for the kids shoe’s when they need a pair?

Needless to say the church has just lost another couple of church goers as they said thats it for them as its sheer greed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so vegetarians bus drivers would be entitled to refuse to drive a bus advertising OXO cubes?
nothing to do with his beliefs, like a lot of people nowadays he is objecting becaue he can .
what a load of nonsense.

This story has been about now for several days. The original version that I read was that when he expressed his displeasure at having to use said vehicle and, whilst there wasn’t another available, there was a spare driver who could fulfil his role.

Hence, having no function to perform, he went home.

Whilst I’m not totally in agreement with the principles on which he based his objections, when we have had successive Governments that have kow-towed to ethnic groupings in the pursuance of multiculturalism and domestic harmony (and what a farce that has turned out to be) then I am fully supportive of his stance on the matter.

Why shouldn’t an ethnically white Christian, who holds to established principles and beliefs, be accommodated in a similar manner (in the workplace) to others who hold different beliefs.

DD. Whilst the C of E (and Churches in general) are some of the biggest land owners in the Country, they lost a lot of money in the 90’s downturn. Mainly on financial speculation and investments. They now want us, the general public, to replenish their coffers in spite of their losses. Frankly, although I would be saddened to see graveyards bulldozed for development, they need to enter the current Century, and open their books. If they have holdings that are not financially viable, then they need to dispose of them. Or to obtain ‘outside’ sponsorship.

Good for him, I have no religious beliefs, but God exists that is absolutely undeniable :open_mouth: , however if there is a God, that remains to be proven/disproved :confused: , The only way I’ll find out is if Satan tells me “you non-believers are [zb]ed now”.

I don’t really care about his beliefs or anyone elses,just don’t try to force them in my direction.I just found it funny where the bus was going to especially with that advert on side of it. :laughing: :laughing:

Krankee I think the couple were against the request of 10% of the husbands income not the donation itself.

When Churches dictate how much they want in donations I think it’s time for them to close up shop.

Billy Connolly:
Never has so many wars been fought over who’s imaginary friend is the best

Billy Connolly:
Never has so many wars been fought over who’s imaginary friend is the best

I do like that man :smiley:

Why can people let religion be, it provides a lot of hope and meaning to millions of people making life seem worthwhile. What can be wrong with that?

If people find comfort in God, they should be left to do so, I’m not a religious person but I will never mock anyone for their religious belief. Religious charities do so much for not just 3rd world countries, but the local community as well.

I just cant work out why people would spend so much trying to spoil something that mean so much to many. :unamused:

Sacking him for this ridiculous, What if he’s a good employee, good work record etc, but just has an issue with this, but is willing to accept a compromise?

Seems to me like somebody who you should keep hold of, not Sack :confused:

jammymutt:
I would of sacked him

I agree, I would also have sacked him.

As an atheist would I have the right to refuse to drive a vehicle with a religious message on the side, and would Mr Heather support me if I did refuse to drive a vehicle with a pro-god message on it … I doubt it :unamused:

He deserves to be sacked if only for displaying so little faith in his beliefs that he appears to be afraid of open comment :unamused:

I wouldn’t have sacked him he reasonably asked not to be made to drive the buses with the advert and has agreed that he will drive them if he has to. As a Christian myself I think the adverts are a bit dodgy but that is an atheists right to have that view. I do wonder if an atheist would refuse to drive a bus with a religious message on the side. In real terms a muslim driver would not have been sacked over this so why should this man?

What if the ad. read THERE IS PROBABLY NO ALLAH.