Bus drivers..........

we all moan at times about them but I’m glad I don’t have to put up with what they have to.

Go here bloodbus.com/ and see what a Glasgow bus driver has to cope with.

Can there be any job in the world worse than acting as a bulk-load late-night minicab driver to 63 drunken Oatmeal Savages?

I’ll run a search on Google Harry, don’t think there will be any results on worse job though.

I can’t even be bothered to read his blog, everything that he has written about will of happened to most other bus drivers. Including myself!!! Its a truely crap job and thats why the bus companies have to use foreign drivers. The industry was just reaching a point where they would have to massively increase wages just to get someone to do it, but the influx of east european drivers saved them. I’m afraid its going to be the same with the truck driving industry. Most people won’t see anything attractive about driving trucks for average to low wage and very long hours. How many office workers would want to sleep on there desks after finishing work so more and more people will ask themselves, why would I want to do that■■?

Here comes another ferry loaded with new drivers!!!

I’m still glad that I get to drive this new Volvo rather than a stinking bus!

CW

most buses the driver is surrouned by a screen?,not so in a mini cab on a sat night, with 4 ■■■■■■ as hell ,sitting right next to you and behind.

try getting that lot to pay up without the aggro that comes with it.

plenty of polish needed for them shinny new wheels of yours?

My best mates been a driver for West Midlands Travel for 6 years,recentley an old-slapper got on (about 40) didnt want to pay so she ignored my mate and got on regardless.So he got out the cab(big mistake) tapped her on ths shoulder, she turned around and spat in his face!!!.So he dragged her off the bus and called the police,to tell them he was making a citizens arrest.They turn up and arrested him for ASSUALT!!!. He got suspended for 4 weeks ion the mean-time,the company were going to sack him but in the end because of his good previous etc he got a warning and was taken off the bendi-buses (as slag features used that particular route) so bang goes his extra-pay and the fact that if some-one whos un-lucky to get on his bus next-time and lets say gang-banged on the top-deck.He can sit in his cab,while waiting 2 long for the police to show up,because leaving the cab is a capital offence on West Midlands Travel where as ■■■■,assualt and vandalisims thats ok then :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: When he told me i couldnt belive he didnt ‘lose it’ cos he is one nutter when he loses it,personally i would have belted the living day lights out of her woman and im a Gent,i wouldnt last 5 minutes in the job the level of abuse they face is shocking,little wonder there a menace on the road there constantly angry most of the time :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Willy Gofar:
we all moan at times about them but I’m glad I don’t have to put up with what they have to.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - and it’s stashed firmly at the bottom of the drawer - never to see light of day again.

Chrisy Boy’s story is just another part of another day. I got to the point when this kind of thing happened i just ignored it and let them ride for nowt. I didn’t want the hassle and I knew the company wouldn’t back me up. The next time I saw that person waiting at a stop I’d just drive straight past, but always keepng eye to eye contact so they knew I’d left them deliberately.

The bus industry is all about image (even more so than road transport) and companies will bend over backwards to keep the peace with scum passengers. It’s an unwritten rule on the buses that as a driver you are wrong - simple as that. You start off being wrong and no matter what happens you will still be wrong.

I wouldn’t have the job thrown at me if I was destitute.

Stan

Stanley Knife:

Willy Gofar:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - and it’s stashed firmly at the bottom of the drawer - never to see light of day again.

Chrisy Boy’s story is just another part of another day. I got to the point when this kind of thing happened i just ignored it and let them ride for nowt. I didn’t want the hassle and I knew the company wouldn’t back me up. The next time I saw that person waiting at a stop I’d just drive straight past, but always keepng eye to eye contact so they knew I’d left them deliberately.

The bus industry is all about image (even more so than road transport) and companies will bend over backwards to keep the peace with scum passengers. It’s an unwritten rule on the buses that as a driver you are wrong - simple as that. You start off being wrong and no matter what happens you will still be wrong.

I wouldn’t have the job thrown at me if I was destitute.

Stan

Im in total agreement with you, Im just in the process of doing my class 2 as I currently work on the buses and have seen the industry deteriorate over the last 6 years - I cant wait to get out :frowning:

Disregarding the buses a minute .

I can’t see how the job can be long hours and low pay .

Looking at hours first …The average working week has to be 48 hours …So what is going on ? Are drivers being bullied or forced into booking as much POA as possible in order to keep the job running ?
If so then that is illegal and drivers should cease doing it …Drivers choose POA not employers …

Wages can be different and works in relation to the area of the country you are in .If It is low , lower than average for the area then vote with your feet .

If it’s the only job in the area and you are shafted then look at the benefits website , see how much money you would get from not working and claiming every tax credit and benefit under the sun …
Normally I abhor people that do this , but it seems that these days more and more people drop out of low paid jobs because the benefit system is financially better and you get to sit at home all day and watch Jeremy Kyle .

That is all …