Work

I’m still in the ‘out of work club’. Just been checking the internet for work. Security guards are getting the same and more money as i do/was for driving a truck worth thousands with a load worth thousands. :open_mouth: Something wrong somewhere.

I agree completely mate, its hardly worth bothering to drive anymore, everybody hates you, and the eu and every cop only wants to do you for something or other. Let them get their own goods I say. I’ suffer the dole and f… them :unamused:

It’s ridiculous when you think of the hassle and stress of driving a large vehicle into London say. Trying to find somewhere you have never been to before. Trying to avoid low bridges and weight restrictions. Trying to avoid Kamikaze cyclists, motrcyclists and pedestrians. Then parking illegally because you have to and hassle with traffic wardens. What does a security guard do. Not much from what i have seen at places i have delivered to.

tortoise:
It’s ridiculous when you think of the hassle and stress of driving a large vehicle into London say. Trying to find somewhere you have never been to before. Trying to avoid low bridges and weight restrictions. Trying to avoid Kamikaze cyclists, motrcyclists and pedestrians. Then parking illegally because you have to and hassle with traffic wardens. What does a security guard do. Not much from what i have seen at places i have delivered to.

Press Button barrier goes up, press again barrier goes down, job done. :smiley:

If it gets worse,may hang up LGV licence,as First group hiring probational bus drivers.Train you up,then have to stay for 2 years,if leave before,pay back percentage of bus licence training.Overtime is £13 per hour,in Bristol and Bath areas,spoke to their drivers,said they never leave.Happy with their lt!Would love to do Summer and ski trips,on the buses.

Commons Speaker Michael Martin has just joined this club. He’ll need a backload to Glasgow if anyone can help. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

toby1234abc:
If it gets worse,may hang up LGV licence,as First group hiring probational bus drivers.Train you up,then have to stay for 2 years,if leave before,pay back percentage of bus licence training.Overtime is £13 per hour,in Bristol and Bath areas,spoke to their drivers,said they never leave.Happy with their lt!Would love to do Summer and ski trips,on the buses.

It’s well seen you’ve never driven busses before mate, cause’ you’re talking nonsense!

First Bus (or Stagecoach) train you to drive automatic (and/or semi-automatic), not full manual. To drive coaches in the UK and particularly abroad, most companies require you to have a full manual PCV and plenty of experience.
But if you go to First Bus or Stagecoach you’ll be on service work for years before they’ll let you anywhere near anything else. Service work is far more stressful than any truck driving you’ll ever do - trust me, I’ve done the job.

Certainly in Glasgow, the turnover of drivers at First Bus is massive, and it will be pretty high in most cities elsewhere in the UK. That’s why they’re always advertising and promising the world to anyone who’ll drive for them! Overtime at £13 an hour is unheard of at First Bus Glasgow!

:unamused: :unamused:

Bus driving in Glasgow seems quite colourful - according to http://www.bloodbus.com :slight_smile: