So where are all these jobs

i would like to know where they are :question: :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … -nosedives

Amazing. People aren’t prepared to spend £2000 to get a £6 an hour job. Who would have thought it?

Harry Monk:
Amazing. People aren’t prepared to spend £2000 to get a £6 an hour job. Who would have thought it?

No spend £2,000 to perhaps maybe get a job paying £6 an hour .

There is no driver shortage. Fewer people clearly are not taking the LGV tests but the Eastern Bloc mob fill in the spaces and more. I would say the around 9 out of 10 jobs advertised on the jobcentre website are agencies so they’re not “real jobs”.

Let me see, why has the number of people becoming HGV drivers dropped? could it be pay? Benton Brothers £7.00 per hour Tesco shelf filler £8.00 per hour, could it be the the red tape and ■■■■■■■■? ADR, CPC, POA, Working time directive, etc.etc, could it be the hours? 60+, working weekends, bank holidays, nights, 04.00 starts, the costs? training £1,500 to £2,500, getting ADR £500, getting CPC?, medicals £80-120, renewing licence and tacho card every so often, constant supervision and moaning at by office staff who are not qualified to push a pram, treated like ■■■■ at RDC’s. robbed at services.

Whats not to like?

Cameras in the cab a la TDG, Fleetboard telling you not to use the brakes too much even if you drive in Central London, excess tickover, cameras on traffic lights that don’t give you a reasonable time to stop without upsetting fleetboard, erseholes driving wagons doing their best to kill you or anybody else who gets in their way. I could go on…