new job

been taxing for the last couple of years but things are so bad money wise that was thinking of getting back on the road lorry driving… then two days ago the straw that broke the camels back…
got attacked by some junkie scum bag …who then smashed my bloody windscreen and that cost me my 60 quid exess… it took 5 police to huckle him into the police van…turns out the scumbag is out on licence and has full blown AIDS…

so anyway cut a long story short … thought to my self i have had enough of this … called a company just local to me … asked if any drivers required and she said that the TM was on the phone and she would take my number … left it and then thought oh well the usual they wont call back… anyway gets a call from the TM there this morn and he invite me in for a chat … this afternoon …

went over and had a chat and he offered me the job there and then… wont be allocated my own motor but will be the kinda floating driver class 1 and 2…and transit van…to fill the gaps…

not to bad a rate of pay for up here and good nite out money with half decent newish kit…

this was the first company that i had phoned … just shows that sometimes phoning round does work lads best of luck to all you guys out there …

Congratulations and well done fella.

Just remember your cargo no longer tips and loads itself!

Mind you, it probably won’t puke on your seats either! :smiley: :smiley:

you and me too anton. well done on getting the job.
and phoning is what got me the job too.

your passengers just may puke all over the back, if you are carrying mayo, sauce etc etc so be careful. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
good luck buddy cos there is no way i would drive a taxi.

Well done mate. :smiley: :smiley:
Hope everything goes ok with the new job.

Yeah, give me a wagon over a taxi any day. Couldn’t be dealing with the public, least you’re on your own in a truck.

Well done mate. Who did you get a start with?

nice one, the agencies have went dire up here lately.