Well.......

…it was my last day as a bus driver today!
Hasn’t really sunk in that I’m going to be driving artics until I pulled up next to one at set of lights and then it oh I’ll be driving them soon lol

good luck mate, dont bash the truck now !!

Remember, don’t keep stopping at the bus stops or you’ll never get anything done. Good luck.

Hi Stu,
I’d like to add my best wishes to those above for you in your new job. :smiley:

Good luck mate. :wink:

Hope you’ve got a fair bit of ink in your pens mate, will be needing it for all your h&s risk assessments you’ll be filling in, might want to consider shares in bic :laughing:

Good kuck bud
Just take things easy dont rush or let anyone hound yu and you’ll be fine :wink:

Now anyone got a boat i can sit in ot in the channel out the way :laughing: :laughing:

Another couple of things to remember;

1. You cant charge your cargo when it enters the vehicle

2. Your cargo doesnt load & unload itself anymore

3. You will probably not want to break down so often now, Its not too easy to transship cargo when your out on the road, and have delivery cut-off times.

Hope you enjoy doing the bendies anyway :slight_smile:

DAF95XF:
…it was my last day as a bus driver today!
Hasn’t really sunk in that I’m going to be driving artics until I pulled up next to one at set of lights and then it oh I’ll be driving them soon lol

It aint that glamorous :wink: At least with a bus the punters are half pleased to see yer. Turn up at a RDC (with goods they have ordered) and you will be regarded as summat that needs scraping off shoes.

I wonder how many times you will be looking for the next bus stop when driving the LGV - let me know :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Remember, don’t keep stopping at the bus stops or you’ll never get anything done. Good luck.

Funny you should say that - after I passed m bus test and driving home somebody put there hand out for the bus behind and Im sure you can guess the rest… :blush:
Or dropping my ex off at home after she spent the day with me on rail replacement I went for the door open button :blush:

Who you gonna be pullin for■■?

DAF95XF:

Coffeeholic:

Funny you should say that - after I passed m bus test and driving home somebody put there hand out for the bus behind and Im sure you can guess the rest… :blush:
Or dropping my ex off at home after she spent the day with me on rail replacement I went for the door open button :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I see william hill are now taking bets on how long it takes til your first crash :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve done something similar, when we had Rover 800 taxis I had an 820 as my civilian car. When I picked the mrs or a mate up I’d quite often either try to start the meter or go to pick the mike up to call in a pickup (my car having neither)

youngwithaclass1:
Who you gonna be pullin for■■?

Norbert Dentressangle.

All the best on your new job. :smiley: :smiley: Stay out of the bus lanes!

Have Boarhunt been advised that they’ll be needing something a bit bigger to pull an artic instead of a bus :wink:
Simon :sunglasses:

thegeordie:
Have Boarhunt been advised that they’ll be needing something a bit bigger to pull an artic instead of a bus :wink:
Simon :sunglasses:

It was actually Mcallistars :wink:

ROG:
I wonder how many times you will be looking for the next bus stop when driving the LGV - let me know :wink:

WELL…I very nearly, almost, made a fool of myself the other day doing exactly this.

I had just overtaken a bus at a bus stop in Swinton, Manchester the other day and a woman stuck her hand out. Birdbrain me popped the left hand indicator on to stop! I even more quickly cancelled it when I realised what I’d done :blush:

Old habits die hard I guess, but I very rarely do it these days :laughing:

Remember your hi-viz and steelies and hard hat.also your left pedal is a clutch.Enjoy your elevated position.